What's new

How far have you moved from home?

Snoo

The Legend
As in.. that place in which you grew up to a place of permanent residence (as in longer then 1 year.. uni can count of course).

Right now, I am 3 hours and 42 minutes from home/212 miles or 341km.

Lets here em!

I'm about 3-3.5 hours from Bristol. :D

400 kilometres (7 hours) as of now, give or take some. Was 1100 last year, though, so I'm happy.

Brighton is about 3 hours from Rugby...

In Italy I was a couple of hours by plane. It was actually cheaper than the train to Brighton too...

1500 miles, so about a 22 hour drive, or a 2 hour drive, and then a 3 and a half hour flight. Not the closest to home.

At the moment I'm 223 miles which is about 4 hours drive from where I was born in London.

I'm crap at this, just 60 miles or so from home, but enough to take me from "The Northwest" to "The Midlands". It's a step in the right direction.

It's a 45 minute drive, except on a Friday when it's 2.5 hours due to the M6 being one of the worst roads in history.

Uh. How far is Horncurch from Newcastle? I was born thereish and moved up to near Newcastle with my parent, stil live with them though :|. Do I qualify for this thread?

~312miles, however half of that is the Baltic Ocean, so, by car that is at least 15hrs of travelling, by plane door to door within 3hrs (actual flight is 45-50mins). Been living away now for just a bit over 2years for uni.

Ben said:
But, why would I then need to go ANYWHERE else?
Creds.

For me, the moves I've done have been from the South Australian Riverlands to country Victoria (570km / 354 Miles) , and then from there to Brisbane (1222km / 760 Miles)

135 Miles away for 3 and a bit years at university (Wrexham - Scarborough)

5,500 miles away for 7 years for work (Wrexham - Seoul)

5,915 miles away for 3 months for work (Wrexham - Tokyo)

What do I win?

Just over 1000 miles from Kirkland (Seattle), WA. 17 hours, 8 mins apparently. So technically further than Venom but not as many minutes because it's I-5 the whole way.