What's new

Hong Kong Space Mountain

It has some light projections, but, it's pretty dark. Darker than Paris' at least.

It's also awesome. Much better than Paris' because it doesn't give you a brain fracture or two.

From video POV's it looks similar to the "regular" Space Mountains.

Pari's Space Mountain is a totally different ride all together and is only rough if you're a pussy.

Age is no excuse to be rough. If any ride is maintained, it can be smooth. Florida's is smoother than Paris', and that's older.

The problem with it is it's not too rough, but, you can't see where you're going, so you can't brace yourself. So you do just get battered.

Hong Kong's is loads better <3

And Ben also has a point lol

This year I found M2 not too dark inside. Its still dark but more of the effects illuminate the entrance to the inversions.

Just to clarify, which version of SM got re-tracked?

California's got retracked. Like, totally gutted and totally replaced. Retracked is a bit tame for what they did to it.

Also better than Paris' <3

When I went it was coming up to Halloween, so they had the whole Ghost Galaxy thing going on, which was amazing.

And yeah, best Space Mountain out of the ones I've ridden (all of them except California's)

If I ever bother with DLP again, I would happily skip the piece of **** they have there.

^ Bet you a pound you wouldn't.

Can I just ask though.

I've only been on the Paris SM, and from the videos I've seen of the others, they just look like indoor wild mouse coasters. Why is an indoor wild mouse so special?

I agree with Erol that M2 is much better than the first in terms of lighting. You can see much more, and more able to brace yourself.

Screaming Coasters said:
^ Bet you a pound you wouldn't.

Can I just ask though.

I've only been on the Paris SM, and from the videos I've seen of the others, they just look like indoor wild mouse coasters. Why is an indoor wild mouse so special?

I have been on Florida's and Paris's SM and I really don't see how anyone could think that Florida's is better.

Paris's SM is just in a different league, Florida's just seems like a really old and outdated coaster that needs to be upgraded to Paris's version.

I seem to be on my own with that opinion though, I really didn't get what was so great about Florida's at all to be honest. :?

You cannot judge these coasters by a pov, I don't know why people keep thinking they can.

M2 is the worst one I have been on, it's far to rough and it's boring you can see the track and you know what's coming.

Orlando and California are so much better as they are dark, smooth and just more fun.

When it was M1it was not as rough etc.

Age has nothing to do with it either, coasters need looking after something dlp need to look at.

Ben said:
Because they aren't indoor Wild Mouse coasters at all?

Coaster with loads of hairpins = Wild Mouse coaster. So essentially, they are.

I'll have to try it n see, but I can't help feeling that all I'm gonna get is an enclosed Rattle Snake and a slight cheap smell of rubber kicker wheels.

Yeah, you're right actually...

You and your videos win over... me and my having ridden the damn things...

Awww, so refreshing when you resort to insults. Don't see that very often from you Erol.

Of course, I don't look anything like a fish, so...

Having ridden Orlando and Anaheim Space Mountain, I'd say they're more like a mine train in the dark than a wild mouse in the dark. Which of course is awesome.