What's new

Good "first upside down coasters?"

JoshJ753

Roller Poster
Good "first looping coaster"? I think that SpeedMonster and a Vekoma Tornado model is a good start. (Mine was Loopen at Tusenfryd)

I don't think Blue Fire would be particularly good for a first time looping coaster, at least not if you're scared to go upside down. Lapbars only plus the crazy heartline roll make it a bit too much. My first looping coaster was Python in the Efteling and I thought it was perfect for a first time. Not too rough, pretty comfy OTSR's, and the most basic inversions (looping, corkscrew).

My first was an Arrow Corkscrew model. Canobie Corkscrew at Canobie Lake Park, I guess a good introduction to a looping coaster. But my first 'vertical loop' was on Black Widow at Riverside (sfne).

SDL at Hershey is a very well loved "cherry picker" for those not used to Inversions.

If Geauga Lake were still around, Double Loop was lovely. Two loops and not much else.

I would actually say any shuttle loop or basic looping coaster would be the better choices, but if you have a nearby, low count inverting B&M, go for that.

CanobieFan said:
My first was an Arrow Corkscrew model. Canobie Corkscrew at Canobie Lake Park.

Same :--D

I was terrified of inversions at first but once you get on a couple you will love them. Although some rides have some vile inversions others can be absolutely amazing.

Like Intricks said something like Sooperdooperlooper or another coaster that has a single inversion or a couple easy ones is great to start out with.

Scorpion at Busch Gardens in Tampa is not too intense, has a single inversion, and is silky smooth - just about perfect for a "first upside down coaster".

My first looping roller coaster was Corkscrew at CP. One of the oldest looping roller coasters out there, and definitely mild to today's standards.

Mine was an SLC... Fly - The Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers. SooperDooperLooper at Hersheypark could be a good start , as it only has that one inversion.

Re: Good "first upside down coasters?"

I was thrown right into it with Batman: The Ride at SFGAm, but I think X-Flight when it's running well (ie. not made of suck like it is now) is a pretty good "first inversions" coaster.

Mine was Rock 'n Roller Coaster at DHS. I thought I'd take it for a spin (no pun intended) when I was 8. I then did Flight of Fear at Kings Island, and my first outdoor looper was Son of Beast. My first outdoor steel looper was Carolina Cyclone. The rest of Carowinds followed and I was fine with inversions from there. I started in the dark and then took it outside. Just me, though.

My first was Turbo on Brighton Pier but given that you're in America so I'd assume that's quite out of your reach ;)

Viper at Six Flags Astroworld is what I would say if the park were still open, and seeing as this isn't a what is your favorite, I won't say that either.

Schwarzkopf loopers would always be a great choice, not intimidating by any stretch and fun.

Mine was Rock N Rollercoaster. That was a pretty good choice because it is the only coaster in the park and because it has a launch. So it was my first launch coaster as well.
Rock N Rollercoaster was a good first upside coaster.

Mine was magnum at flamingo land, that only had lapbars and I loved it, I was 6 at the time, I'd say scorpion at Bucsh is a good start.

I'll agree with Scorpion and just about any 1 loop Schwarkopf. My first was supposed to be Shockwave at SFOT when I was 6 but it was closed so I rode Flashback instead. I thought 6 inversions was such a big deal at the time.

Jordanovichy said:
My first was Turbo on Brighton Pier but given that you're in America so I'd assume that's quite out of your reach ;)

Owch - surprised that didn't put you off coasters for good!

Mine was corky at Alton!

ECG stole my answer.