What's new

Glenwood Caverns | Haunted Mine Drop | An interesting and unique drop tower ride

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
First of all, I'd like to give everyone a warm welcome to my thread.
haunted-mine-drop-glenwood-caverns.jpg

Glennwood caverns, known for its stunning views and magical caves are building a new and exciting attraction for 2017! This unique drop tower, themed around a old haunted mine, plunges guests 120ft down a mineshaft.
“It’s your first day of work, and the ghosts will tell stories about what happened there and why the mine had to be closed because of ghostly activity. Then, boom, the floor drops out and it’s a free fall to the bottom.”

Caverns-gpi-012617-1-620x349.jpg

source

Intricks

Strata Poster
I think its more or less a ground level Tower of Terror experience that will be a ghost ride first that halfway through will hit the drop (which could be a single drop or a mutliple drop experience) before continuing back towards the station.

Regardless, color me intrigued.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jesus, Stan Checketts is 98 years old?!

I love everything about this. I'm really chuffed that a "little park" is finding their feet. The owners look so happy in that video. And isn't it lovely to see chubby Americans doing some exercise by jogging to the ride.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
No way he's 98. Surely he's joking?

Anyway the ride looks fantastic. I love that someone had the crazy idea of "let's build a drop ride down a real mine shaft" and then they've actually gone and done it.

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
Actually managed to get on this when I was back in Colorado recently and pretty pleased to say it was definitely one of the best drop rides I've been on. Probably the first time since Dodonpa a ride has actually scared me a bit haha