What's new

Flat Rides: What Would You Bring Back?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'm sure that a vast percentage of us on here prefer a coaster to a flat ride, and I am most certainly one of them, but every now and again you get a cool flat ride that you just can't ignore.

However, they seem to have quite a short life span, and once you can remember the name for one it buggers off into the land of extinct flat rides. If you had the opportunity to bring one back, what would it be?

My number one is the Break Dance. About 5 years ago they were everywhere, and I took them for granted. Now when I find one I get so bloody excited, but chances are it's defunct or in pieces. The last one I rode was in La Rone (Montreal) in 2007. Before, you could've gone to Pleasure Island (Cleethorpes), Alton or Chessington and be able to ride one. Even when I went to Port Aventura a year ago I eagerly went to their Break Dance, just to find it in different pieces behind a wooden fence. It's a great shame.

Another one (which is more a particular ride than a 'breed') is Energizer/ Bone Shaker at Alton. A brilliant flat ride, and I wish those rumours about it going to Chessington were true because it would've fitted in like lettuce in a salad. I didn't even ride it until it was Bone Shaker. Such a waste of good flat ride years!

So what about you? Which flat rides do you wish were still as popular as the once was? Or which flat rides do you feel are on the break of extinstion, and now we take for granted but in 5 or so years we'll be wishing they were as easy to ride as they are today?

What do you think?

The Rodeo (breakdance) at CWoA.

This was an extremely good model of a breakdance with its awesome cowboy theme. Always managed to get a really good spin on that. I miss it. Especially since the land is still sitting there empty. Grrrr.

So yeah, much agreed with Bezzer on that one. But I strongly disagree on the Bone Shaker/Energizer one. I thought it was one of the dullest rides I had ever been on...

Mark depends when you went on the bone shaker/energizer at AT because it was tamed a bit for some bizarre reason after about 2 years I believe. But yes there are a few like a really weird one at this years LA county fair.

The Tango Ride/Wango Taco is the best Spin and spew I have been on and the most forceful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLblzxynx8&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUsc42Iypw&feature=related[/youtube]

Huss Flic-Flac.

I think there are like a couple of them around but they look so amazing :D

That, and also Zierer Starships (like Bling). They are amazing flats without being utterly intense but give a solid ride and are impressive-looking rides. Too bad there are just a few operating.

Steven said:
Mark depends when you went on the bone shaker/energizer at AT because it was tamed a bit for some bizarre reason after about 2 years I believe. But yes there are a few like a really weird one at this years LA county fair.

The Tango Ride/Wango Taco is the best Spin and spew I have been on and the most forceful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLblzxynx8&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUsc42Iypw&feature=related[/youtube]

Went on one of those at my local bonfire fair on thursday they have to be one of the most uncomfortable rides in existance. (Furie will probably agree with me on this one :lol: )

Steven said:

I think you totally missed the point of this topic. Its about which ex-theme park flats you would ressurect. Not what forceful flats you like....

To Rory, ahhhhh at le field where Goose Fair is? I was there too, didn't ride anything but last year I rode the Top Scan and it was epic! than the second time it wasn't as good. But weren't the fireworks amazing? I was very impressed!

Anyhoo, back on topic, the Huss Flic-Flac looks well good! I had to YouTube it, but I really want one now! Never seen one before.

But yes Mark, lay order. :)

I agree with Rodeo/Dynamo and Boneshaker being brought back, the 3 being very good rides at their respective parks and always good to pass time on...

Apart from Samurai at Chessie again I can't really think of any flats that have gone from their park that I would like back...

There was a flat at my local fair around 6-8 years ago that I absolutely loved. I always tried to find out what type it is etc. but could never track it down. Luckily it made a reappearance at my local fair last year and was still quite good but nowhere near as I remembered.

I really want to ride a KMG Tango as well, they look awesome!

the kmg tangos are VERY uncomfortable!

I went on the huss flic flac at tivoli gardens on the eurolive - it was wild and out of control, really swings your feet around! - I'd probably go on it again, but not more than once in a row!

Always found breakdances a bit "meh"

I miss the classic giant inverter Ships. Pleasurewood had one yeeeeeaarrrs ago, I think thats the one that now lives at Loudoun Castle. You just dont ever see them anymore!

^ Yeh miss those! Or the massive 'magic carpets', like the 1001 Nights that used to be at Alton, then Cleethorpes 'till 2001.

The last ride of that variety that I went on was at Geauga Lake, but it was in a style of a limo. Does so much more for the ride looking inwards, as opposed to outwards, like the one at Botton's in Skegness for example.

Huss flic flacs are gretat! A fun mixture of disorientation and force. But I don't know if I "miss" them since I have one at my local park ^^ (Tivoli Gardens)

A ride I do miss is "aerovarvet" at Liseberg. I've never rode an inverting staship ride and I never took the chance while aerovarvet was still in existance..

Another ride I "miss" has to be S&S sky swats :p not that they are "a lost memory of the past" but there are only 2 or 3(?) of them in the world wich is a shame because it's really a great ride!

We have like, no Afterburners here so I would definitely like to see more of those. I've been on one, and have only basically seen one in my life, which wasn't even at a park, it was at a fair.

Definitely agree with the Huss breakdances! Bring them back! I didn't know PA's had gone aswell :(

If only samurai was still at Chessie! I miss the days of going on that as a little kid, it used to be so much better than it is now :(

These are the rides I'd bring back:

Ski Jump ( I used to love these as a kid) :--D

Meteorite ( never saw one in person, but love to try one) :--D

Eye o plane (Used to love making my friend sick on 'em) :twisted:

Zipper ( same as Meteorite) :--D

The Condor that used to be at Pleasure Island. Excellent ride with good capacity - although apparently quite vomit-inducing, i've seen that thing been hosed down a good few times.