Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drayton Manor Park

• Loudoun Castle

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Not best, favourite. There is a difference.

Best would imply that it does everything it aims to do well, has world wide appeal and good coasters. Which is undoubtably Alton.

Favourite implies that you just happen to like it, probably ilogically, but you do anyway. And tell us why.

I'd also like to know alongside your choice which park you consider to be the UK's best, but vote for YOUR FAVOURITE. Lets see how many people's are the same.

I couldn't include them all, so tell us if you're fave isn't there.

My favourite park is Blackpool... it has been since i first visitied. I love how .. crap it is, and i love the way it's rides are so unlike anything else in the country. PMBO's height is a gimmic so rare here, Nash race's are epic, i love Steeplchase. The amount of rides there is also so unusual for a British park. So, that's why i love Blackpool. It's so different from the rest of what this country has to offer. Closerly followed by Chessington for homepark fanboyism, but i do think Alton is the best park.

The best park is my favourite park and this is likely not going to change.

Alton Towers of course. That would be difficult to find a park in Europe that has 4 B&Ms + 1 Intamin and only 1 Vekoma. Usually it's the reverse.

I used to love Blackpool, but it just grated on me after a few visits.

Alton on the other hand i've never been bored with, and everyone knows that it's my favorite.

I've always had brilliant days out at:

Oakwood.
Lightwater.
Wicksteed.
Drayton.

Chessington is a funny one, I really have to be in the right mood for it. It's good for a few hours, but the lack decent dark rides is a let down, I mean, it is meant to be a family park.

Thorpe is a dump.

BTW, I think if Lightwater is on there, Camelot should be :).

Alton or blackpool for me. What I like about them is they are different to most of the worlds parks as alton has the towers and gardens and has a nice atmosphere and the rides have been well built to fit with the limits they have.

Blackpool is the old park. Its nice they got the woodies as they are rare in the uk and they have a good selection of older styled rides. Also its like the las vegas of the uk.

Flamingoland.

It's the only park I can go to and ride absolutly nothing yet still not be bored.

Lost Kingdoms atmosphere is immense and I can sit there for hours just listening to the music and watching Kumali.

To be honest, i've enjoyed a visit to Flamingo Land more than 2 to Drayton, 3 to Alton and 1 to Thorpe in the last year. I don't know why, because the ride selection is somewhat dull when compared to the others. But it's just a good all round day. Alton seem's like too much after a busy weekend trip, and Thorpe was insanely bad for a family visit. As was Drayton.

I don't know, Flamingo Land, but i think It's one of the worst parks for ride selection i've been to.

Tough call for me between Alton and Flamingo Land. I have annual passes for both, which reflects my intentions to make regular visits. I do tend to think of my Tussauds pass as an Alton Pass rather than any of the other parks included.

Flamingo has enough decent rides to keep me happy, it's theming is getting there and the addition of Splish Splosh has done much to progress things to the next level, when that area is completed later this year , it will enhance the park even further.

Alton is still the countries Premiere Theme Park, it has never disappointed me and there is little that can be said about it that hasn't already been said.

Parks such as Oakwood, Blackpool, Camelot, DMP, Lego Land and Loundoun are 'also rans', they are nice parks, just not favourites.

Places such as Thorpe and, my long time bugbear, M&D's are no brainers for me. Chessington also falls into that category for me at the moment....no investement since DF.

So it comes down to those two.... a very tough call for me..... meh I am going with Flamingo Land seeing as it will have very few other supporters .. and it is currently the most progressive park in the country!

Well I have only been to one british themepark and that was Alton Towers so that has to be my favourite. The other parks dont look as good as it.

The 2 days I went to Alton Towers, it was'nt packed but it was busy but I got on everything loads of times.

They have a good selection of coasters, Nemesis is my favourite followed by Rita, then Oblivion, then Air.

I really enjoyed Ripsaw, Spinball, the rapids and Hex aswell. It has a good setting but the themeing seems a bit dated and could do with a bit of rehab. UG land needs to be rethemed, Oblivion needs to be repainted Black, The Flume could do with a retheme but that wont happen anytime soon.

It is a good park with decent themeing and good selection of coasters and has a good atmosphere.

Best: Easily Alton Towers.

Favourite: Alton Towers. I do also have a soft spot for Fantasy Island, though :p

After saying that the most fun I've had at a park would be Drayton Manor, but Alton Towers is still my favourite.

Blackpool.

I live very close to it and i visit it very often.

I like its tradition as a classical amusement park with the woodies. It holds a lot of history and I used to go with my family as a toddler, and be amazed by the amount of rides.

I bet summer is best at blackpool more than and other UK park, because of the beach and looking over from the top of pmbo on a sunny day cannot be beaten. Looking over at night is also what makes the park my favorite.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fantasy Island.

I think that should be on there aswell, it may be PPR, but that doesn't stop it being a bigger park than Lightwater and Oakwood are.

Blackpool is my favourite park.

My grandparents used to live 5 minutes from it, so it was practically a 2nd home for me as a kid. I loves it.

I'm a bit of a fanboy, but I do love Oakwood. Really nice and varied ride collection, excellent staff, they haven't whored themselves out to McDonalds or any of that crap and it's damn pretty to look at, I love the way it's still full of trees and grass and isn't a giant concrete jungle.

Best is undoubtedly Alton though, only been twice but both fantastic days out.

My favourite park is PBB. My whole family love it, and I was brought up to love it as well. The rides in Blackpool got me interested in theme parks around the country, but none of them beat PBB. I think it is the best park, too - it has had loads of rare rides, and there are some record-breakers as well:

Valhalla
Nash
Big Dipper
Revolution
Steeplechase
PMBO

And if it wasn't for the Revolution, I would still be staying away from Nemesis and Colossus in July. :p

Having thought about it for 5 mins, I really don't have a favourite UK Park, out of the ones i've been too:

Blackpool is a good park, with some interesting and different rides. Yet it feels just like a fair with all the rides crammed in so tight. I prefer a park which is more spread out, with decent themeing and a better atmosphere.

Thorpe has some decent rides, and a lot not so decent rides. Whilst its a good park to pop up to occasionly (its the nearest "big" park to me) it has alot of faults and general crapness.

I really enjoy Chessington. It a great park, good atmosphere and the themeing is pretty damm good in places. However, the lack of high class thrill rides make it a pretty average day for me. If it had a few B&M's, an Intamin Mega and some thrilling flat rides it would be my favourite.

Alton is a lovely park with a good mix of family and thrill rides, and has a good atmosphere. The thing I don't like about Alton is how spaced out everythig is. I'm a lazy B*stard, and don't want to walk 5 miles to get to the next ride.

Obviosuly i've been to a few more smaller parks in the UK, but they're not worth mentioning here.

Fantasy Island and Botton's Pleasure Beach have always been really fun places to visit. so they're one of my favourites.

BPB would have been my favourite if not for my dreadfull experience last year.

Even though I have only been once, Oakwood could easily sit at the top as my favourite park, its just so different and so much fun.

Alton Towers, i haven't been to many parks, it may change when i go to FI in he summer.

I don't like Blackpool much, Drayton easily sits 2nd atm.