What's new

Dollywood | Firechaser Express | Gerstlauer Dual Launch

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
According to Screamscape, a trusted source of theme park guys saw Dollywood representitive's going around Europa Park riding all the coasters. I presonally think that they want something from Mack Rides if they where all the way in Germany. Remember when they wanted to do something in Nashville but Dolly Parton didn't want to? Maybe they wanted to save money for a big coaster at Dollywood. They probably have had this planned for a while now, and they could possibly be getting it because of the success of Blue Fire and also means that I think 2014 is probably the year. They also got rid of Adventure Mountain at the end of this season, and this could be a replacement. Possibly an interaction with Wild Eagle? Maybe so. Dollywood in 2010, the year they won the Applause Award, went to IAAPA (including Dolly herself) and could have gone to the Mack Rides stand and told them they wanted a Megacoaster.

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

Re: Rumoured Dollywood New 2014 Coaster

I find it unlikely that they will build a mega coaster due to the fact that Wild Eagle was built last year, it would be more likely for them to build a family coaster instead of a thrill coaster.

I'm not completely ruling out a thrill coaster, but family is much more likely.

I think they'll go wood/hybrid...

Hybrid for sure, spesh as Silver Dollar City just got one.

They already have a woodie though (yeah I know RMCs aren't really woodies, but the public would perceive it as being similar to Thunderhead).

What they don't have is a launch coaster. I think it's much more likely they'd build a launched Mack, especially with all the 'blast!' teaser stuff.

Nah I think it will be a Megacoaster.

Hints:
-Adventure Mountain closing.
-Dollywood people touring Europa Park.
-Europa Park is owned by Mack.
-All the "blast" stuff stated above.
-They don't already have a launch coaster.
-It's probabaly been planned for while so 2014 is probabaly the year.
-Whatever they wanted to do with her in Nashville, Dolly didn't want to and might have said no because she wanted money to be put to DWood.
- They where at IAAPA 2010 for winning the Applause Award, They could have went to Mack Rides and told them they wanted a Megacoaster.
- If 2010 is the year they started planning all this, then they probabaly did it because of the success of Blue Fire.

Without a doubt a Megacoaster.

I think that they are trying to decide whether they want a Powder Keg or an Outlaw Run next, and that the decision hadn't been made yet. Since Dollywood already has a wood coaster and SDC did not before Outlaw, I suspect they may do Powder Keg first.

STC said:
They already have a woodie though (yeah I know RMCs aren't really woodies, but the public would perceive it as being similar to Thunderhead).

Topper track is a woodie (Outlaw).
Iron Horse track is not (NTG and Iron Rattler).

That's not just opinion, but straight from the words of the ride creator manufacturer himself.

DW has a woodie but no launcher
SDC had a launcher but no woodie
SDC now has a woodie
DW might get a launcher.

There ya go.

Jason Voorhees said:
Where the hell did Powder Keg ideas come from?

Don't worry, getting a Powder Keg stile coaster doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't be made by Mack.

Jason Voorhees said:
Where the hell did Powder Keg ideas come from?

Sorry but why are you getting so defensive over a Mack coaster that doesn't exist?

For those who have ridden Powder Keg, is it as awesome as it looks?

I was at the park Saturday, and from what I saw, they have plenty of space to put in a launched mega coaster of some sort, especially considering they're removing the high ropes course that was there. Not quite on the scale of Blue Fire, but something quite large.

There is also this banner just outside the Wild Eagle gift shop/ exit.

Let's just hope it's a Mack instead of one of those lame airtimeless chinese s&s launched mega.

kadabrium said:
Let's just hope it's a Mack instead of one of those lame airtimeless chinese s&s launched mega.

You mean like Extreme Rusher? It's amazing.

_koppen said:
For those who have ridden Powder Keg, is it as awesome as it looks?

It's decent fun, but I'm hoping a Blue Fire clone jumps the pond. The original Powder Keg will never be copied. It's already an amalgamation between rides.

^Yes, but I've wondered many times why we haven't seen another S&S family launch coaster? Everybody that have been on Poweder Keg seems to agree that it's a good coaster, amazing even for a family one! But yet there hasn't been a follow up. That's strange to me...