What's new

Da Nang, Vietnam, PTR - Part 2: Sunworld Danang Wonders

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
We had another long weekend here, so I needed creds, deciding to go to Da Nang on the Vietnamese coast. I’d been meaning to go for ages, but had been holding off for a while as some new stuff was arriving, which I’ll get to later.

I ended up flying from Shenzhen rather than Hong Kong since the flight departure/arrival times were very similar, but the ticket was about £200 cheaper. I’m guessing this was because Monday was a holiday in Hong Kong, but not in Mainland China. After I’d booked it, I kind of regretted it since I hadn’t really thought it through. I’ve used Shenzhen a lot for domestic Chinese flights since there are a lot of options and crossing the Chinese border in Hong Kong is often quicker than dealing with a busy airport later.

I didn’t really think about the international aspect of this trip though. I had to leave Hong Kong and enter China at the Shenzhen border, then go through immigration again at Shenzhen Airport to leave China less than an hour later, reversing that on the way back. It was all fine though. It turns out that the international area of SZ Airport is only small (domestic is huge), with not many flights, so security was very quick and I had no waiting time at all at immigration. It just meant a total of 6 passport stamps for one weekend trip though, so that’s annoying and I won’t be so quick to do it that way again.

First Evening
Anyway, I got to Da Nang at a decent time in the evening. The airport is only a 10-15 minute drive from the city centre, so I was at the hotel quickly. I don’t normally bother mentioning hotels, but this place was weird, trying to sell itself as “European classic”, while actually just being creepy. I got a free white-people upgrade to a bigger room with a huge bath though, so it was all good.

dAXLH5G.jpg

2GsiPxu.jpg

Asian travel tip - I always do this in China as well – book into larger “local” hotels rather than big Western chains. The quality is usually similar, they’re equally well-located, but they’re cheaper and since they get fewer Western guests, they’re more keen to impress and will often give you a much better room than you actually paid for. You’re welcome. Yes, it’s blatant white privilege, but hate the game not the player.

From the room, I could see Dragon Bridge.

6qUFBNa.jpg

AYuHpai.jpg

I just went for a walk across that and back. The other side of it was a popular hang-out place with a bunch of cafes and stuff. Have some blurry night time pictures.

rU7HKWW.jpg

oSpnz22.jpg

sn4spRw.jpg

TAGnFcy.jpg

b43x3yW.jpg

YgfI3QK.jpg

TN0pGUn.jpg

NrNZWre.jpg

2Hrxu89.jpg

wjpl3ky.jpg

glXOiuQ.jpg

There are creds over there, which were still open for another two hours from this point. I managed to control the cred anxiety and leave it though.

oTh2tcB.jpg

0RUt6tu.jpg

rrQCiAI.jpg

Pc0CSVf.jpg

VY9iDvQ.jpg

nfvQKWv.jpg

My camera didn’t want to play nice for pictures of nearby boats, but had no problems photographing something 385,000km away. Fuxake.

hu8lJ4R.jpg

Some subtle advertising along the surrounding streets, which also acts as some foreshadowing for this report:

oFVzRl9.jpg

PcRLSDz.jpg

Day 2 – Sun World Bana Hills

A park day then, and a very unexpected one. It’s a 45-minute drive out of the city, and there are only a couple of alpine coasters out here, so while I was planning the trip, I was in two minds about it. Vietnam is so cheap though that it seemed stupid to just not bother.

A Grab car (no Uber in Danang) would’ve cost around £10 each way (meaning a regular taxi would’ve been around £14), but I arranged a car through the hotel for around £22, with the driver waiting for me to take me back. There would’ve been no issues getting a taxi/Grab back from there, but I didn’t know that, so for the sake of £2…

The place is now operated by Sun World, who have four parks in Vietnam – two in Da Nang and two in Halong Bay which I reported on a few months ago (http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/hanoi-halong-ptr-dragon-park.42337/).

S1ph4ae.jpg

RNsEnYe.jpg

As you can see from the map, there are three ways to get up to the top. I bought my ticket quickly and easily – no line at the ticket desk – but then went to get on the cable car:

gJIilZ0.jpg

Ugh, that’s not good, but it was moving steadily and wasn’t as pushy/shovey as it looks. The cable car station must be right around that corner anyway. Oh…

eYJoUbN.jpg

Surely by the end of that stretch. Nope.

cQsykG8.jpg

F**king awful, but it “only” took about 90 minutes. When I rounded that corner and saw the sheer number of people, I thought it was going to be at least twice that. It’s all run relatively efficiently though. One problem is that the ticket check doesn’t happen until right at the last moment before you’re getting onto the cable car and there were a few people queuing for the whole thing who hadn’t bought their tickets at the entrance. This sounds dumb, but it’s easy to miss if you just follow the crowds. There was no way to buy a ticket once you were there. Not great, but didn’t affect me, so f**k ‘em.

I quickly learned that Da Nang, for whatever reason, is massively popular with Koreans. No exaggeration when I say that around 85% of the people at the park were Korean, as were the vast majority of tourists around Da Nang as a whole. Most signage was in Korean, and even the staff at the park were speaking it automatically to everyone, even some Vietnamese guests who they had to switch for once they realised. None of this was a problem, just an observation. If I’d have rocked up to that many people from certain other places *cough – China – cough*, I’d have ditched it completely.

I ended up on that cable car in the middle if you look back to the map, meaning a transfer partway up, which took another 20 minutes. There were a bunch of gardens around the transfer station, but I skipped them. Sorry, pictures:

aZHM0U0.jpg

S8yXb0P.jpg

nFFNyOW.jpg

ICFLNfe.jpg

The ride up was stunning, but difficult to photograph because of the windows, sun etc. It climbs to a height of 1,290 meters. The non-stop car is almost 6km long. Towards the top, you see this:

CvDMRIL.jpg

xuCttqO.jpg

W4OQfZ8.jpg

yjm5P9w.jpg

D2HaIFC.jpg

ni4QtUs.jpg

ujoy0V5.jpg

And then you leave the station to be confronted with this:

ZRtubef.jpg

VTAPIUW.jpg

Dmgz1hC.jpg

What the actual f**k?

Some quick background. The mountain top used to be used as a reacreation area for French colonists, who built a bunch of villas up there, but they fell into ruin ages ago. Much later, the Da Nang Government decided to build a “French” resort on the old site. I think Sun World took over a bit later and added more.

Considering the horrendous number of people who were coming up here, the queue for the alpine coasters wasn’t too bad. At first, only one side was open, but by the time I got done with that, they were opening up the other one. I ended up waiting around 45 minutes each time.

oMMKdgZ.jpg

MaBQQto.jpg

Pltupxb.jpg

pm1VyAk.jpg

People were such a f**king burden though. I’ve never seen people going so slowly on these, barely moving at times. People who do that are worse than Hitler. Fact. When it was my turn, I just refused to move until I saw a mostly empty stretch, so I got decent runs on them. Not bad, but kind of short. Spectacular location though.

WgZE5ei.jpg

TQpkute.jpg

CEL8FXl.jpg

A huge “castle” next to the coasters housed all of the other theme park tat across three floors. The queues for some stuff were ridiculous, so I only ended up doing the dinosaur walkthrough, a 3D cinema and a shooting dark ride, all of which were s**te. The drop tower looked a bit s**t as a ride as well, so I couldn’t bring myself to wait for what looked like at least an hour for it.

uczxtiY.jpg

2K30LZV.jpg

NABvVgU.jpg

Vm7oBvE.jpg

1yy4q9k.jpg

IQHUMbW.jpg

ibES4ub.jpg

5BpM6tL.jpg

ZKBJ2bu.jpg

mB4CX3W.jpg

kqS9GFI.jpg

vOOpgit.jpg

sIcNm3k.jpg

D0HANI0.jpg

EooaJo4.jpg

Throwing some more pictures in:

qGmbkfU.jpg

IGvnWhu.jpg

QYExul0.jpg

eWYg9Z4.jpg

24sk2ob.jpg

Jx0PmNV.jpg

7lDbHHd.jpg

HsbUgto.jpg

There was some kind of parade thing, with s**tloads of Eastern European and Brazilian performers mincing out of another “castle”. They then circulated/mingled around the whole area for a couple of hours taking pictures with people.

RMehy0n.jpg

eyWjgPT.jpg

I wandered around the “French” town for a good hour or so. It’s not particularly big, but there are a few different roads and alleyways which make it feel bigger. I should point out that the buildings are not just fake facades either; they’re actual buildings, housing hotels, shops and restaurants, though some seem currently empty. For all intents and purposes, it’s an actual “town”. Massive photo dump to see how f**king ludicrous it was:

UmJ4BLf.jpg

Ghm2mOG.jpg

LilkKXe.jpg

rpH2QxY.jpg

EaRFF0i.jpg

NKRdmV3.jpg

Zqf1Vbj.jpg

taK0c76.jpg

l8dYj3v.jpg

0NherWo.jpg

n6Sjgpz.jpg

29x3wNw.jpg

67Z2ZRT.jpg

PZt0eQC.jpg

5xdb162.jpg

k0NA0xH.jpg

6t4r7Eb.jpg

ClmWfau.jpg

QWcwTpq.jpg

DTTXj4Z.jpg

YLsie6L.jpg

9e160nW.jpg

jNb2tQV.jpg

SO6ojbS.jpg

q4lc73x.jpg

l4W4r5l.jpg

NjCrpVl.jpg

M24o1L2.jpg

Djwtcdd.jpg

fDJnI5Q.jpg

QdQWdh2.jpg

hgZH5Bt.jpg

qgfdZXL.jpg

iNyomn3.jpg

oWgurfz.jpg

uVQaQ7w.jpg

7qZn6UF.jpg

F0zscqq.jpg

LBO7env.jpg

A bit of a view, including all three cable cars systems:

4aSLaYf.jpg

N3zyKvC.jpg

The queues at two of the stations to get back down were also ridiculous.

DIVLm7F.jpg

I chose the longer, direct cable car this time, waiting about half an hour to get on it for the 25-minute ride back down, calling the driver to come and get me near the main entrance to take me back into town.

So, this place then.

Wow. I absolutely did not see that coming. I’ve been to a park or two by now, and I’m rarely shocked these days, so this was something else. I knew there was a decent cable car ride, but I was expecting to just jump on that, grab the alpine coasters, take some pictures of the scenery from the top of the mountain and head back. I had no idea of what was actually on top of that mountain, and would NEVER have predicted those kinds of crowds.

I don’t know whether to even classify the whole thing as “theming” in the theme park sense. It’s all 100% fake – well, real buildings, but “fake” as in not actually hundreds of years old French buildings – but it’s not just typical theme park facades backed onto nothing. The rides are all in one building, itself a huge French castle, but they’re sort of separate from the main “town”, which really is like a town with restaurants, hotels and even an actual church.

So, is it an amazingly themed theme park, or is it a ridiculously over-the-top resort with some rides thrown into one end? I honestly don’t know.

More parks later…

Amazing! I saw your pictures on Facebook, but was waiting for the fuller story on here.

What an interesting and bizarre place - the location, attraction and visitors. Did you get any sense of why it was so popular with Korean, rather than say Chinese, visitors?

Ace view too.

No idea, but when I was at the airport, there were lots of flights to Seoul and Busan, pretty much hourly between those two cities, but only a couple to China. Could be to do with visas or something? Honestly no idea.

Very interesting read and 'park'. Not what I'd have expected from Vietnam at all.

They do seem love a bit of French architecture stuff in Korea for whatever reason.
http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=815994
Nah, that Petite France place really isn't a thing at all. Plus, it wasn't Bana Hills specifically that was full of Koreans, but the whole city. A couple of friends of mine were also away for the same weekend, further down the coast in Hoi An, and they said exactly the same thing: Koreans filling the place.

Next part then.

Day 3

After the ridiculousness of Bana Hills the previous day, I gave myself plenty of time to knock off a couple of places on the Sunday. It turned out to be way too much time really, but I didn’t want a repeat of the ridiculous crowds from the day before. It turned out not to be an issue in the slightest. I walked to a nearby park to pick up the crappy +2 listed there.

29/3 Park

This was just a city park, with a big lake in the middle and a rides area. The rides were right at the end of the park I started at, so that was easy.

Pleasant enough place:

rNBwblQ.jpg

4omQLVA.jpg

MLonXie.jpg

3uxcUhw.jpg

The first cred was pretty much on the main road.

duU9UO9.jpg

q9gqauq.jpg

Zrwh4Pc.jpg

The other one was just a bit further in:

DTNF7KT.jpg

tBz61br.jpg

tYoBsr6.jpg

lSrcKOP.jpg

ZHiiNxS.jpg

But wait, what’s that?

90dHXTD.jpg

A set of nine, NINE, rainbow shuttles. RCDB doesn’t list these, and I sort of understand why, but these are more of a cred than some of the s**t they do list, though, like those butterfly things or even some of the powered coasters on there.

Coaster-Count lists them under the “undefined” category. They’re basically smaller scale halfpipes, only the cars themselves have the drive mechanism rather than the track (which is why I'm guessing RCDB doesn't list them) and definitely “coast” down the spikes. They’re my unapologetic cred whore guilty pleasures.

vjHsJah.jpg

They’re not uncommon in Chinese parks, usually coming in sets of three to five, but I’ve seen loads that are SBNO. I’ve never seen a set of nine though.

trO6G4W.jpg

NINE!

ttKYA60.jpg

Unfortunately, I could only get three of them, much to the confusion of the ride op who was happy to take my money, but clearly had no concept of creds.

Anyway, it was a taxi from there to a nearby, more major, park.

Sun World Da Nang Wonders

wxlB68i.jpg

GLAwMzH.jpg

tk9J9ZS.jpg

T16Vmk1.jpg

Yep, the same company who run Bana Hills. With this place, I’ve now got their full collecsh of 4 parks. I was there at around eleven in the morning, and it was dead. They’re open until 10pm, and on weekdays don’t even open until 3, so it’s definitely more of an evening place, which makes sense given the heat. As with their other parks, it was very pleasant, well-kept and with some decent theming dotted around. Lots of shade as well.

wofPyRM.jpg

EQDzQuS.jpg

ksBJ71O.jpg

E9ctDP0.jpg

jxpaPpC.jpg

x62rZqc.jpg

7BL5ZdA.jpg

YiILsTB.jpg

3ffSZiY.jpg

I did the ferris wheel first, so I’ll just shove those pictures in and explain stuff as I get to it later.

ouZtoVu.jpg

Gfm28ln.jpg

JFUGOrw.jpg

yS2AijC.jpg

XEG4dcn.jpg

i1UlCKL.jpg

16vAWqP.jpg

5Zs89qs.jpg

m8xtS68.jpg

mj2DZlN.jpg

xrC4k6K.jpg

5nwiIGt.jpg

9Vw81xc.jpg

NEoJAFA.jpg

ADKAysJ.jpg

HD5phFZ.jpg

There’s a huge area which the monorail minces through with nothing to look at, so there's clearly room for future expansion. This picture only shows about half of it:

A0hYjuA.jpg

Some background on the coasters here since it’s (sort of) interesting and explains quite a lot. Sun World bought all five coasters from Hard Rock Park after it closed. The B&M went to Dragon Park in Halong Bay, and the other four came here. The Vekoma mine train and roller skater are fine, but the other two weird Premier things – that one with the ferris-wheel lift and some suspended thing – got built and then dismantled since they were obviously pieces of s**t that wouldn’t work.

They kept the footers, and Intamin have built new coasters using those. This Intamin family launch thing sits where they tried to build the Premier ferris wheel thing.

p9dfgi4.jpg

5iBFAAT.jpg

UPr4jrX.jpg

It’s a clever use of the existing footers, but unfortunately the ride is a bit crap. I went in expecting more of a Jet Rescue or Juvelen – the same ride type – but this one is just much too short and doesn’t do much.

HTVeXG6.jpg

SPE4oxv.jpg

msc3wUn.jpg

2O8Buhn.jpg

2y1m9MJ.jpg

The second coaster, this one using the footers from the suspended PoS, wasn’t yet ready. I was expecting this, but still had a little hope it might have been done since there’s little information out there at the moment. Unfortunately, it’s definitely not this:

yXzhyHz.jpg

Instead, it seems that Intamin have built a very similar (identical layout?) ride to the original, including the elevator lift and cars with forward and backward facing seats, only with a different track type. It’s completely different to anything they’ve built before.

sur7zVB.jpg

R7wc5ha.jpg

FMkWLYB.jpg

VVjLD5Q.jpg

xWYFueT.jpg

I can only assume that the park insisted on keeping the same type of ride. Who knows really?

ewMnfjj.jpg

saiUSQy.jpg

xFo5s55.jpg

O63n5Si.jpg

ClzYRMM.jpg

lG16owb.jpg

A random “Ankor Wat” area with nothing actually in it apart from a few workers skiving around the back and sleeping in the shade.

ZOP4rN7.jpg

gKHE1Sf.jpg

ie37ekN.jpg

Cg0Lb3Y.jpg

I was sure that Queen Cobra was closed since I hadn’t seen it running once, but it was open. It’s right at the back of the park though, and the very few park guests hadn’t made it back there at that point.

37ijpSI.jpg

FtZTj6V.jpg

VKtHAbE.jpg

qN7UHXs.jpg

This was a new build last year, so much newer than the vast majority of SLCs, but it was f**king awful. Luckily, it had the newer vest restraints, so it wasn’t painful to ride, but if it had had the older style, it would have been horrendous. I’m really not sure how Vekoma can continue to build crap like this at the same time as those newer, amazing-looking coasters recently.

10O8XMa.jpg

RFGH29R.jpg

SAwEeqq.jpg

Roller Skater. Whatever. +1

Niyzgg8.jpg

Uuo5Czs.jpg

Mine Train. Whatever. +1. These things really need to be themed.

yQmtqMO.jpg

Jfp5yhe.jpg

Overall then. It’s a really nice park with a decent enough collection of rides, but I wish I would have maybe gone later in the day. It gets dark quite early there, so I could have probably rocked up around 4pm for a bit of daylight, and also seen it at night, when I’m sure it would have been busier and had a decent atmosphere.

It was only early afternoon by the time I left. There were some mountains/caves just south of the city centre which I’d planned to hit up the next day, but I was halfway there anyway and had the afternoon free, so I just headed there.

Marble Mountains

It’s a pretty big site really, with a bunch of different caves and stuff dotted about, and was quite a workout with all the steps, some of them fairly lethal. I’m not going to bother explaining stuff, but I’ll chuck a bunch of pictures in.

Jv261jq.jpg

2xonQxb.jpg

J0ITmci.jpg

ISMJYZo.jpg

RpPMM03.jpg

VmnaZqv.jpg

ypqhMlm.jpg

fRg3u75.jpg

uT85ggJ.jpg

MBp4ngs.jpg

CoMraMM.jpg

96Ssz8V.jpg

gU1nO6p.jpg

8hVvFRd.jpg

AqGRmFS.jpg

tSkujan.jpg

HVFuDXF.jpg

s9IkB56.jpg

yDMm3oe.jpg

C94pPU9.jpg

9DXwx8E.jpg

yxrDCak.jpg

CQaOQt1.jpg

gsdLxci.jpg

kwb2UhA.jpg

SB0eUgn.jpg

oUkkFr1.jpg

fTjifhP.jpg

All very pleasant and I’m glad I bothered.

I was back in my hotel by early evening, chilled out for a bit, then headed back down to Dragon Bridge, which was packed and I didn’t know why.

DsE5qPy.jpg

OmdFjTK.jpg

bs5M3ZY.jpg

kzFTUEl.jpg

GsjX5JC.jpg

Turns out that on Saturday and Sunday nights, at 9pm, they close the bridge down and it does ridiculous s**t:

There’s another day of culture crap that I’ll shove in tomorrow, but that’s it for parks.

Well if the SLC is bad good thing it was the last one that'll ever be built!

Flame throwing bridge - now you don't see that every day!

^ Did you watch until the end? It gets even more ridiculous. It does that about four times as well, but I put my camera away.

Here’s one of my dull “in the interests of completeness” posts, with no creds, just to wrap this thing up.

I had an evening flight on the Monday, meaning I had pretty much the whole day free. I had a lie in and checked out of the hotel pretty much at the last possible minute, leaving my bag there and walking down to the beach. Yeah, there’s been no indication of this so far in this report, but Da Nang is actually a beach resort. Well, mostly. There’s a river that runs through it north to south. On one side of the river is more of a regular city, then across the bridges, between the river and the sea, it’s more beach resort.

Considering it’s a big Asian city, and the beach runs parallel to a busy road, it was actually lovely. It’s around 10km long, and is apparently nicer further south away from the city centre, but the city centre area was nice enough.

u44UQTt.jpg

V6d5AXy.jpg

tY6Ucgu.jpg

8uL7Gpb.jpg

It was Monday lunchtime, so it was very quiet. The locals don’t really “do” beaches in the same way that others do though. They tend to hang out there in the evenings rather than sunbathing and s**t. There were a bunch of bars/restaurants all along the main road next to the beach. I chilled out there with a book and a cocktail for a bit, but got bored after about an hour, as pleasant as it was.

m6EkiMw.jpg

cWhxWck.jpg

L8AzxpJ.jpg

Some Koreans enjoying the sunshine. They were like this at Bana Hills as well, covered head to toe and carrying umbrellas, terrified of the sun. It’s very much an East Asian thing; they do it here in Hong Kong and China as well.

ur11MHH.jpg

From my spot on the beach, I saw this, so decided to head over there for a bit.

uVHdo1l.jpg

Good decision. It was lovely. In a way, it’s all a bit “been-there-done-that” if you’ve seen much of Asia, but the location on the hill was nice and it wasn’t too busy up there at all.

Bunch of pictures:

uVszR0c.jpg

peS1lS6.jpg

1DrkhoP.jpg

paF86FB.jpg

5qSeua6.jpg

GBszOMN.jpg

eZuxPFC.jpg

EuhgUwd.jpg

8hPfXjm.jpg

zMaOJJj.jpg

0oaJZJ5.jpg

V9B1o5u.jpg

iFA2yFK.jpg

IqvbH7X.jpg

6bZki6M.jpg

KpoPquy.jpg

tIOjLvr.jpg

x6UvnRP.jpg

6xzlBJd.jpg

keYGc4T.jpg

ie4QadZ.jpg

vUdAApM.jpg

a43FbN0.jpg

6FLIbZh.jpg

In a shocking twists of events, I’ll finish off with some overall thoughts of Da Nang then.

I had a great weekend here. Considering it’s the fourth largest city in Vietnam, it feels pretty laid back and chilled compared to the likes of Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. It’s not quiet by any means, but wasn’t quite as full-on as those places. The fact that a major city can maintain such a nice beach is very impressive as well. I was expecting it to be quite grotty, especially the part of it I went to, but it was lovely. Then there was the Buddhist temple complex on the hill, plus Marble Mountains, so you’ve got cultural s**t to do as well. All of this is in very small area, so there’s not a lot of faff involved. Plus, the airport is really close to the city; I could’ve walked it in half an hour from my hotel if I was being ridiculously cheap.

I didn’t go, but Hoi An is just down the road and is apparently very nice as well, but I gather a bit more touristy. It’s a bit more “French colonial”, so people go there for that whole vibe. It seems that a lot of people fly into Da Nang Airport and then head down there. I had two different pairs of friends who did exactly that on the same weekend, and didn’t come into Da Nang at all.

The parks were decent as well, even though in terms of rides they don’t offer anything spectacular. It sounds a bit horrible to say, but when you think “South East Asia amusement park”, you probably don’t think of the quality that Sun World has; all four of their parks are actually lovely. They’ve done a lot more than they could get away with really. In a country with no theme park scene to speak of, they could just shove a few Chinese rides onto some concrete and be done with it, but they’ve mostly gone with Western manufacturers and their parks are very green, well themed, impeccably clean and very well-run.

That got a bit wordy. I guess I really liked the place.

Did you watch until the end? It gets even more ridiculous.
Well now I have - wow!

Sounds like a good trip, actually. Not only a nice one to 'tick off', but also sounds like a interesting place to go. Good stuff. :)

^Yeah, it's a nice place and very accessible from here with direct, 90-minute flights from Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Guangzhou.

Do you think you'd go back? You've never come across as one to revisit places over and over again, but given it's convenience?

Nah, I don't tend to revisit places unless something new crops up. Sunworld Danang Wonders has space for expansion, so if that ever happens I might.

I guess I could always go to Hoi An, so I'd be using the same airport in that case.

Good TR as always.
But good news for a return trip. Although Bad news as it was already open when you were there and Ive only just found it.
Vinpeal just opened a new park in Hoi An and it has creds :( May have been reachable while you where there. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...908b3112cd0dc1!8m2!3d15.7855746!4d108.4078208

Hoi an 2.JPG Hoi an3.JPG Hoi An.JPG

As a really useless aside. That monorail at Sun World Da Nang Wonders is really weird. It used to be even longer and mince around the fields over the other side for even longer.
And then for some reason after a while they cut a big loop out of it.

You can see the old footers in this image.
Da Nang Mono Old1.jpg

And a comparison of new and old routes.
Da Nang Mono Old2.jpg
New (Above)
Old during construction (Below)
Da Nang Mono Old3.jpg

I have noooooo idea why they changed it. Very odd.