What's new

Cleaner dies on Its a Small World (DLRP)

Question is, did he fall, or did the music make him want to throw himself in?

I can't imagine what he would be cleaning that could result in such a horrific thing - it's not as if it's a coaster car that comes hurtling towards you out of a tunnel.

*shrugs*

Very sad, and I'm sure - avoidable.

My friend knew them :( It's a small, small world... [/joke]

In all seriousness, it is bad news to hear of any death, so condolences to family, friends, stalkers etc

Who wonders that? Out of casual interest like.

I always thought people had us just above Jesus, just below God in the eyes of everyone else?

I think there's a fine line when reporting deaths at a theme park.

For example, when somebody dies "naturally" at a park (heart condition, old age, etc) and it's in no-way related to the park or rides, then I don't see the point of discussing it. A few months ago, a kid died at Flamingoland. The park just so happened to be where he popped his clogs. It could have been at home, supermarket, golf course...anywhere. The association is something I'm keen to avoid for obvious reasons.

In this instance, it's difficult to say what actually happened. Le bloke would have been trained so obviously there is an outside factor.

A shame yes, but until we know the reason, I'll hold judgement.

Does anybody know what part of the world he died in?

Well, at least still nobody has ever been declared dead at a Disney park! :p

But, yeah, this is terrible news really.
I'm not too sure on the circumstances, like, why was he cleaning in the ride when the ride was still in operation, and what actually caused him to fall into the water?...etc, but this death definitely sounds like it was avoidable.

To be honest I think it sounds dodgy. I mean surely he would have been cleaning the attraction when the ride was closed which would mean that the boats would have been in storage at the back. So how comes he fell under a boat and died?

Obviously it's never good to hear about someone dying and I feel sorry for his friends and family but this story just doesn't add up and it confuses me.

Oh and Cial...LOL

Mike said:
Well, at least still nobody has ever been declared dead at a Disney park! :p
Not sure that's quite true anymore, although I suspect Disney would still have you believe that.

Mike said:
I'm not too sure on the circumstances, like, why was he cleaning in the ride when the ride was still in operation, and what actually caused him to fall into the water?...etc,
It was 5am - the ride was stopped when he started working and apparently started up as he worked.

Don't know if its worth mentioning that he wasn't actually a Disney employee, but instead worked for an external cleaning contractor.