What's new

Chinese SLC Guide.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey guys

Over the last couple of days I have been working on a bit of an odd guide to the multitude of different Chinese SLC models that have appeared over the last few years. I have put up a first draft today and wondered if you guys could read it and tell me what you think?

dragonrider.jpg

There are 4 companies currently in the Chinese SLC market and hopefully this article distinguishes between them well. In short what I would like to know is does does this article get the point across? and is it easy to read?

http://vhcoasters.com/chinese-slc-guide/

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated however small.

Cheers
Dave

mouse

Giga Poster
It's really interesting, a good read. :)
It's a good subject as well, I would normally see an SLC and just say it's a Vekoma.
Thanks for sharing it!

s15c

Mega Poster
It's a really good article, only thing I found that was an issue was the second paragraph under Golden Horse lacking punctuation at the end. And as mouse said, I wouldn't ever think that it was another company making SLC's, much less three.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^A few more for you:

The proliferation of the Suspended Looping Coaster in China has been somewhat confusing of late with multiple companies joining the Frey and on several occasions copying other company’s layouts.

frey - unnecessary capitalisation

companies' layouts (you're talking about multiple companies being copied)

This is not without precedent in China, as you can see with the countries many many Arrow Dynamics style corkscrew coasters copied during the 90s.

country's - it's just one country, not multiple countries

many, many, Arrow-Dynamics-style corkscrew coasters - separate adjectives with commas

At the time it was one of the few SLC’s to depart radically

SLCs - you don't need an apostrophe to pluralise

There is another Chinese SLC at Suzhou Amusement Land built in 2003.

There is another Chinese SLC, built in 2003, at Suzhou Amusement Land - Was the coaster or park built in 2003?

Not only did they use a similar system to Vekoma they actively took their layout and rebuilt it elsewhere.

Not only did they use a similar system to Vekoma, they actively took their layout and rebuilt it elsewhere.

The first of these was called Flare Meteor popped up at Fantawild Adventure in Wuhu, The ride took the layout from Vekomas Shenzhen ride and made it a mirror image. (see below) in 2010 they build a second version of this layout at Guiyang Happy World under the name King of Kings.

The first of these, called Flare Meteor, popped up ... or ...The first of these was called Flare Meteor and popped up at Fantawild Adventure in Wuhu. (needs a full stop)

[...] made it a mirror image (see below). - text in parentheses before the full stop

In 2010 they built a [...] - Capital I and past tense verb

Not content with just taking the first version of Vekoma’s SLC, In 2010 Golden Horse built a second ride for the Fantawild chain also under the name Flare Meteor this time in Taishan. This ride was an exact clone of Vekoma’s Bejing ride. Extra helix and all.

Not content with just taking the first version of Vekoma’s SLC, in 2010 Golden Horse built a second ride for the Fantawild chain, also under the name Flare Meteor, this time in Taishan. This ride was an exact clone of Vekoma’s Bejing ride: extra helix and all.

Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment beat Golden Horse to the Chinese SLC market by a year and even went in with an original (If not entirely different) layout.

[...] with an original (if not entirely different) layout. - random capital

BJA are the newest company on the Chinese SLC scene, Opening their first SLC at Floraland in 2010 under the name Dragon Rider.

[...]Chinese SLC scene, opening their [...] - as above

As of yet I haven’t seen a ride review of “Dragon Rider” at Floraland but the ride certainly looks the part.

As of yet I haven’t seen a ride review of “Dragon Rider” at Floraland, but the ride certainly looks the part. - needs a comma

Since Vekoma added the SLC to the Chinese market in 2002 the Chinese SLC market has exploded with copycat rides.

Since Vekoma added the SLC to the Chinese market in 2002, the Chinese SLC market has exploded with copycat rides. - needs a comma

However I would love to see a Chinese park plump for a custom B&M invert in the near future just to show these parks what CAN be done.

However, I would love to see a Chinese park plump for a custom B&M invert in the near future just to show these parks what CAN be done. - needs a comma

Incredibly pedantic I know, but there you go. Interesting article though. I'm always interested in what's going on in China, but there isn't a great deal of information out there.