What's new

Chessington World of Adventures holding public consultation regarding “current proposals and new developments” - potential new attraction?

The plans for Project Play seem to exclude Rattlesnake so I'd assume it is safe for now.
Yeah that ride is safe for now. I agree.

When I made my predictions, I would've like a new family or family thrill ride to have replaced Rattlesnake or Scorpion Express - ideally a Frisbee Ride (Cyclonator or Tigeren).

But I guess that's not the plan...

Yeah that ride is safe for now. I agree.

When I made my predictions, I would've like a new family or family thrill ride to have replaced Rattlesnake or Scorpion Express - ideally a Frisbee Ride (Cyclonator or Tigeren).

But I guess that's not the plan...
Whilst a Gyro Swing of Cyclonator or Maelstrom's size would've been fantastic for Chessington, I think there were bigger priorities for the park such as replacement family coasters. I thought that could've been a ride they added to the World of Jumanji instead of Mamba Strike and/or Ostrich Stampede.

At the same time, I'm not as keen on Chessington getting the same ride models at Paultons Park which Kobra and Croc Drop appear to have done.

I think that a Gyro Swing of the size of Tigeren would fit fantastically at Thorpe Park on the Slammer site next to Hyperia. It could be the perfect supporting ride for Hyperia.

Always great to see investment and some TLC, Mexicana does definitely need it.

However for a big refurb I was hoping for a Vekoma SFC Vampire replacement, but ill take a indoor coaster and more. I do think Wild Asia just needed some tlc and would have been fine but if this is what they want to do its fine with me.

I love the investment and interest Merlin are taking in Chessie recently, I do think the park has brilliant growth in its area. As others have said though, the refresh sounds great but it really feels odd to redo an area that doesn’t feel like it needs redoing. There is so many tired attractions and areas in the park that are crying for the help.