Votes: 0 0.0%
  • meh.

• No Way!

• Total voters

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Picture the scene, you're watching TV with someone, you're getting into the programme when there's a commercial break.

Suddenly, the channel changes! The other person has started channel hopping to see what else is on, while the adverts are playing.

My question is, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I cannot stand it. Literally cannot stand it. I will lose all interest in the programme, no matter how into it I was. I think it's because I'm greedy and like to see every aspect of a programme, without missing any of it, especially if I'm really involved.

There have been times in the past when someone has been channel hopping while I'm watching something, continuing despite my protests, and they got so engrossed in the channel hopping that I missed the first few seconds after the ad break. I hate it.

So yeah, I open it up for the masses to discuss... Er... En masse.

Az said:
Picture the scene, you're watching TV with someone...

Erm...I think I have fallen at the first hurdle :p

I cannot stand people who do that, but I also do it to annoy people. Putting on football during commercials is epic :)

I don't mind it as long as it's during ad breaks. Our TV is cool as when you look up what's on the other channels on our freeview it has a small corner on the top right of the screen that shows what's playing on the channel you're on so you can tell when the ads are over.
When it's during a program then it's slightly annoying but I don't watch much TV now anyway so it doesn't occur that much.

I hate it if its during something good, but I don't really give one if I'm watching crap.

I'm not sure if it would annoy me if someone else was in control of the TV at the time, but I'm terrible for channel hopping during ad-breaks if I'm watching TV on my own in a hotel room (which is about the only time I ever watch TV these days). I hate the adverts that much.

I go to channel four, which for us is the channel that tells us everything that is on, and I pick a main show to watch, and a secondary show in which I flick to during commercials.

That's all.

I hate other people doing it, but I always do it, even in the middle of programmes! :(

Meh.

I don't really turn the TV on just to see what's on, so it rarely happens for me. When I do I just use the 'guide' feature instead of flicking through channels.

I don't watch TV enough :lol:

I just sit down when nobody is about and watching it, then browse my favourite channels for the evening/day.

If there's something I want to watch then I put it on to record on the V+ box. I watch it at a later point when I get the opportunity. I probably record a film a week and maybe an hour of other TV.

The rest of the family work on a similar principle - no channel hopping in our house because we've embraced modern technology to eradicate it :) Plus we're not telly heads :p

In Norway, TV channels are prohibited from interrupting films with adverts. And there has to be more than 15 mins between each commercial break! Yay!

Our main channel is advert free anyway, and I don't really watch much TV. All these factors add up to the fact that I've never gotten into that situation.

Channel hoping pisses me off.

I hate it when people have to put the telly on for the sake of it and end up watching the least worst thing.

When I'm watching TV with people (ugh, such an unimaginative way of spending time with somebody), I don't flick channels or I try to watch something Sky-Plussed (fast-forward through the ads) or watch a DVD.

I find something I like and usually watch it to finish.. unless something else is on which is better of course.

Another thing is muters.

They mute the bloody tv everytime they hear something outside or next door!