What's new

Cedar Point and Kings Island sending surveys for new coasters?

Fiender

Mega Poster

For CP:
-Tilt Coaster
-Water Coaster
-Family Thrill Coaster
-Xtreme Spinner Shuttle

For KI:
-Indoor Dark Ride Coaster
-Family Thrill Coaster
-Giga Dive
-Xtreme Spinner Shuttle

A couple of repeats here; both CP and KI looking at the Mack Xtreme Spinner and the family coaster. I suspect Cedar Fair has their hearts set on getting at least one spinner and one family thrill, but haven't settled on which park gets it,

That Spinner is so incredibly wacky. So wacky that it justified a very quick mockup:
I was initially excited about an Xtreme Spinner coming to KI or CP (Both parks are much closer to Western New York than SDC... or Plopsa). A closer look at the concept art (and your animation based on it) kinda... make me less excited lol. It looks like a relatively cheap, low-capacity coaster. Something that would seriously underwhelm if added to a major park like either America's Roller Coast or Ohio's Other Amusement Park. Unless the next record Cedar Fair wants to break is "lowest rated Xtreme Spinner".

Some notes;

Early last year we had intel that a B&M Giga Dive, Surf Coaster, and Mack Xtreme Spinner were on the decision table for Kings Island. The B&M's would have gone where Timberwolf Ampitheatre is, strangely enough. That info has now been proven to be 2/3 correct.

Regardless, how much of this is actually viable to happen? Tower Coaster would come off as more of a gimmick than a ride experience and not something worth sinking money into. Plus the site is just extremely inconvenient, too. I'd love me a more fleshed out Xtreme Spinner at KI but ultimately they just won't bite this concept.

Indoor coaster is an odd choice given Flight of Fear, or the prospect of putting another Kings Island Box in the middle of the Vortex plot. The PlanCo artwork appears more like an idea rather than a concept, anyways.

Zamperla Family Thrill launch coaster is definitely an idea under heavy consideration from a lot of parks. The layout presented however borrows from their idea a couple IAAPA's ago, involving a single trail and a switch track. Given the size vs capacity vs Family Boomerang I wouldn't expect KI to jump at this. In fact, I wouldn't expect any other Cedar Fair park except Michigan's Adventure to move ahead with this particular attraction. Bright future ahead for Michigan's Adventure though, hope they get this.
1714310901167.png

Considering that Cedar Point did just ditch Forbidden Frontier, the island is once again open season. Always the prospect they could try out another area and rides back there, maybe cram in a similar Family Thrill launch coaster?

No words on the B&M Giga Dive. Would kind of render building Orion a tad pointless but whatever. Still would prefer that Vekoma Tilt Coaster from CP's survey over at Vortex plot, definitely hype.

Overall I do feel like much of these surveys are gauging reactions from guests, with some of this firmly not happening. Seriously, no Tower Coaster. Overall though, definitely encouraging for a next major coaster!

Last edited:
For the sake of debates and my spreadsheet on what's a cred, please no. Otherwise I'd be somewhat interested although already happy with how it is right now.

Kings island have sent out another passholder survey, this time the concept is for the beast 2.0?? Another lift would be built at 184ft making it the tallest and fastest wood coaster, the layout being extended will solidify its record of longest wood coaster to 10000ft 😲

This would go in Vortex's old plot, what a wild idea.

View attachment 33010
View attachment 33011
View attachment 33012

I'm so sorry @emoo but imma be the one to ask.

Is this a new credit?

Kings island have sent out another passholder survey, this time the concept is for the beast 2.0?? Another lift would be built at 184ft making it the tallest and fastest wood coaster, the layout being extended will solidify its record of longest wood coaster to 10000ft 😲

This would go in Vortex's old plot, what a wild idea.

View attachment 33010
View attachment 33011
View attachment 33012

I'm sorry, but what's the point of this outside of brief marketability? Why not make it its own cred and bring back the capacity lost by removing Vortex? I would hope this is just them throwing random ideas out there and not actually being considered.

For CP:
-Tilt Coaster
-Water Coaster
-Family Thrill Coaster
-Xtreme Spinner Shuttle

For KI:
-Indoor Dark Ride Coaster
-Family Thrill Coaster
-Giga Dive
-Xtreme Spinner Shuttle

A couple of repeats here; both CP and KI looking at the Mack Xtreme Spinner and the family coaster. I suspect Cedar Fair has their hearts set on getting at least one spinner and one family thrill, but haven't settled on which park gets it,
After looking at the concepts of the extreme spin I have lowered my interest in that choice, but it is also a concept so you never know. I think kings island is in need of a non b&m thrill coaster just to add more diversity to the lineup. With the news of Snake River Falls being removed at CP it opens the door for a lot of possibilities. Hopefully we will see a new thrill coaster added to one of these parks soon, no matter the type

Six Flags Over Georgia sent me 2 surveys today

They gave me 3 coaster options: a launched family coaster, a giga dive machine, and an indoor family coaster. The second survey was for a future kids area expansion. I chose the indoor coaster as my favorite of the 3, but I showed full support for all 3 coasters.

Attachments

• six-flags-over-georgia-dropped-their-survey-today-v0-17g732bbyjgd1.jpg
    six-flags-over-georgia-dropped-their-survey-today-v0-17g732bbyjgd1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 39
  • six-flags-over-georgia-dropped-their-survey-today-v0-bmosjicbyjgd1.jpg
    six-flags-over-georgia-dropped-their-survey-today-v0-bmosjicbyjgd1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 39
  • six-flags-over-georgia-dropped-their-survey-today-v0-fqzjnn8byjgd1.jpg
    six-flags-over-georgia-dropped-their-survey-today-v0-fqzjnn8byjgd1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 39
lol Giga dive machine. Continuing to think these are farse projects, grounded in measuring reaction to key aspects and characteristics rather than the actual coaster concept.

Six Flags Magic Mountain also sent out a survey for the giga dive coaster.

One somewhat interesting thing about the survey... while it had the Six Flags logo all over it, the web address was Cedar Fair. So some of the first things coming out of the merger?