What's new

Carlsberg advert, how it was made

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You might have seen this "endless coaster" advert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47eLknD0qo[/youtube]

There's a great read here explaining how it was done:
http://www.fxguide.com/featured/how-rea ... ster-ride/

Here are some goony shots to whet your appetite.

2N6A2409-1024x682.jpg

2N6A2004-1024x682.jpg

carlsber_measures-1024x762.jpg

Yes, it is Goliath at Walibi Holland.

BBH

Giga Poster
Imagine how cool it would be to actually ride something like that, the momentum of the train constantly being reenergized because it's always being carried up to the highest point. Really cool advert, I like it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^Actually, it wouldn't move faster than the lift. For every car trying to go downhill, there's one going uphill, and everything would balance out, resulting in a sadly slow ride.

Now, do a continuous loop of train on an LSM launched train, and things would get insane. It'd never stop accelerating until it fell apart.

BBH

Giga Poster
rollermonkey said:
^Actually, it wouldn't move faster than the lift. For every car trying to go downhill, there's one going uphill, and everything would balance out, resulting in a sadly slow ride.

Now, do a continuous loop of train on an LSM launched train, and things would get insane. It'd never stop accelerating until it fell apart.
My apologies, due to the long weekend my brain has just about turned to soup.

That second scenario, holy crap on a cracker.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
An endless roller coaster - the perfect metaphor for the football season. Ups and downs, exciting, dull, full of anticipation, a few moments of roughness... but ultimately just goes on and on with no real point to it.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
rollermonkey said:

Yeah, i'd imagine it would operate like an omni-mover.

Would it continue to accelerate? Wouldn't it be stuck in motion at its fastest point like a lift?

Please note I am a hospitality major, any physics ignorance must be pardoned cool)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Yes, a Chain lift coaster would move at the lift hill speed at all points. (Like an omnimover)

An LSM coaster would accelerate until destructive forces destroyed the train.