What's new

Booster down again this year on Palace Pier

shawnoc

Mega Poster
On my way into work tjos morning I saw while driving along the seafront the Booster ride at the end of the Palace Pier in Brighton has been taken down for the second time this year, I know they seem to do it evry quiet season for maintinace but this is the second time this year. Does anyone know if there is something wrong with this model of the Booster?
Not massive news I know, but just on the off chance anyone is on there way to Brighton

The rides on there seem to be up and down so often. Do they have to have lots of maintenance because they're on a pier? Could be the sea water and winds?

No one would go to Brighton for the Booster anyway, surely?

jokerman said:
No one would go to Brighton for the Booster anyway, surely?

Putting a tall ride on a pier immediately makes it 23 times scarier. So they may not go just for the booster, but I'll bet it's one of the scariest in the country :)

It may have come down due to the time of year? As winter is approaching and needs to go in storage.

Unless it's the same model as the Tibidao one?

The ride is running all year when it has not been taken down. They dont store the rides as the pier is only shut for a few days around Christmas.

It just seems strange that the ride has been taken down for a second time within months.

I must admit I have not riden it as I have chickened out every time I gone to ride it, but not as a fan of spin rides that could be the reason.

I have heard that it is the most extreme version of this ride in the world.

Has it been fully pulled down?

The KMG boosters are very easy rides to pull down, the arms fold in pretty much at the push of a button, so some places will just fold the arms in when they're not opening for a while, or when there are high winds.