What's new

Blackpool Rumours.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know if this is an April Fool joke, or CoasterKing trying to seriously muddy waters about Blackpool again. Anyway, I received an email last night from him pretending to be from the Pleasure Beach.

It's rubbish, obviously, and if you come across any rumours which are similar to these, just ignore them, they're bull. I don't know if anyone else has received said email.

Message follows:
Joe Collins - pleasurebeachplackpool @ Live.co.uk said:
We continually want the best interest for our guests and are always looking for ways to improve your experiences within the resort. As a spokesperson for Pleasure Beach support groups, we want you to tell us YOUR thoughts on the resort.
Please contact me as soon as possible

fionathompson@live.co.uk
fiona.thompson@pleasurebeachresort.ac.uk

UPDATE

Pleasure Beach Resort and Pleasure Beach, Blackpool LTD regrets to announce that Valhalla will not be operating for the 2010 season. The park is currently re-developing and our new regime means we are unable to accommodate on this ride.

We have in recent been having problems with the Big One, sponsored by Pepsi Max. The ride is currently operating, however the ride will be closed in September for further renovation.

Hot Ice and Mystique will both re-open for the 2010 season.

Grand National is expected to re-open in the near future. In the meantime Rollercoaster is greatly accommodating our guests.

For any information regarding Pleasure Beach Resort, please visit www.pleasurebeachresort.com

It's probably an April Fool attempt, but we all know how quickly these things become "fact" :roll:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Lol, I love April Fools day but this seems a bit vicious =] Maybe he's trying to get back at you for locking his topic =]

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Who's to say those email addresses even exist? It's really easy to spoof the source address of an email if you know what you're doing (or you're a clueless script kiddie who's downloaded the right program written by someone who knows what they're doing).

I highly doubt the "pleasurebeachresort.ac.uk" domain exists.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
None of it is true, not even the email addresses - apart from the one in the quote at the top - that CoasterKing's name and email address... That was a fail of Steven proportions to be honest. :lol:

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
A lot of people believed it actually :D And come on, it wasn't as bad as telling people that Saw: The Ride will be closed for the next few months. My friend saw that and got upset. And this time next year PB will all be closed down. Its a sorry fact!

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
^lmao, you legend.

I would be gutted if they took that away even if this is complete bull****, its thier best ride!

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Actually there is speculation over ride closure. The Rollercoaster is likely to close again when Nash reopens next week. They are trying to cut costs. Already Noah's Ark and Space Invader 2 are SBNO.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^^^Nah it was a big fail. Bit like Valhalla a lot of the time really.

I'm glad they're getting rid of some of the deadwood in the Pleasure Beach, it's been long overdue and in the long run it'll help pave the way for better things to come.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I got one too, and dismissed immediately. Too many WTFs'

What people forget is that many of us are in fairly regular communication with these parks, and therefore, know the email addresses. :lol:

April Fools ends at midnight, and this was sent at 7pm. cool)

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I knew it was a fake as soon as he got Fiona's email wrong.

Not point trying to fool somebody who knows quite alot of people at PBB and also knows there names and already has email contact.

Poor attempt coaster kidder.

A

Anonymous

The only people who know the truth are the people who run PBB. So untill any of those people release anything then meh.

Whilst i was there Space Invader2 was shut all day but both Nash and RC were running all day. the ark was closed i think i didn't pay attention to it. But there to many rumours and bull running around its getting to be abit boreing and some people are makeing more and more lame shat up.

marc

CF Legend
The only thing that will happen at Blackpool to do with 500ft is that will end up 500ft under the sea.