There are rumors saying the park will (partially) re-open on August 15th. I do hope so for them.Lol a waterpark getting flooded is quite hilariously ironic. That being said I do hope the damage isn't too severe.
Not sure we can trust your input in this thread given your usernameSmall update:
- Plopsa Coo to reopen tomorrow.
- Walibi Belgium closure extended to 15th of August
- De Valkenier (The Netherlands) wanted to reopen today, but is not allowed by the local governement because of pollution in the water from the flooding that entails possible health risks. It will not reopen this year according to this Dutch news article.
So the floodings of the park were all a secret plan from the governement?
IT's not really up to the Belgian Governement here. De Croo is not going to fix the elcectronics on Kondaa himself Walibi will need to rebuild on their own funds anyway, and maybe in 2-5 years they will get the funds back from insurances (and maybe some subsidies, but don't think that will happen to be fair)Having said that, doesn't seem to be any movement from the Belgian Government as it stands...
I think @Will was referring to the fact that the UK is currently on Belgium's red list, so it will become a bit academic if Walibi fix Kondaa or not when the government wouldn't even let him in to ride.IT's not really up to the Belgian Governement here. De Croo is not going to fix the elcectronics on Kondaa himself Walibi will need to rebuild on their own funds anyway, and maybe in 2-5 years they will get the funds back from insurances (and maybe some subsidies, but don't think that will happen to be fair)
Say that to the people who lost their houses... Have some respect and be happy they are even willing to extend your pass.Looks like 2021 wasn't a good year to buy a €300 pass for Walibi Belgium.
I've only went once so far, but was planning on going at least 4 times this July and August.
Walibi said they won't reopen before October, so my pass probably gets extended to some part of July 2022, possibly even to a bit of August.
Honestly I'd rather have my money back at this point.
I agree, but.... There is a time to complain about this, but that is certainly not yet now. Certainly because they are already showing goodwill from day one even if they don't have to^Whilst of course some perspective should be had, I don't think it's wholly unreasonable for someone to be disappointed / frustrated that they've spent 300€ (a fair amount of money) on something and then not be able to use it as they hoped.
I know some parks have been good at offering partial refunds over pass extensions for their Annual Passes during Covid lockdowns. If the pass extension they end up offering really doesn't suit you, it might be worth contacting the park and seeing what they can offer. Of course, wait and see what the park say first, and wait till they're in a position to respond to emails.
They already confirmed the extension. What OP was worried about is that he won't have a valid pass in the optimal period of the year. E.g. You buy your pass in March so it expires in March aswell. IF the parc closes for 3 months, the pass will be extended through end of May, meaning you miss the summer holidays in both years, which might be the period you wanted to go. Also Walibi is open 7/7 during Summer holidays, but isnt in the pre- and after-season.Don’t Walibi passes already last a full 365 days from the date of purchase? I know my €85 one does. An extension to cover some of the time lost may be possible, but I’m not sure how far they would extend it.