What's new

Any news on Falcon's Fury?

Zappy

Roller Poster
What's going on with Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa?

My friends and I love this ride as it genuinely scares all of us, but it's probably been a year since I've been able to get on it since it's been closed indefinitely. I keep hearing rumors that since the accident in Orlando, they're just going to scrap Falcon's Fury and replace it with something else (which I REALLY hope is not the case, since its such an iconic ride). I also hear that they are only closing the ride because they're waiting on parts that are taking forever to be delivered. I really don't know what to believe, but I do hope it's not closed down permanently. Anyone have any news on it?

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I would doubt it's closing. The ride opened in 2014 for the cost of about $6,000,000, it wouldn't make much sense for them to take down the ride so soon after it opening as a a result of the Orlando Freefall accident as Orlando Freefall was a completely different ride from a completely different manufacturer. To take Falcon's Fury down after that would be like Taking down Ka because of the Dragster. As you said the ride is also iconic and the tilting feature is likely a large draw to Busch Gardens. I wouldn't be too shocked if the tower is closed for reasons relating to parts being needed but I don't really know if that's why.