What's new

AIA Carnival Hong Kong

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The crappy funfair is back in Hong Kong for the first time since covid. It’s here until the end of February, but I went to a show in the circus tent last night, so I had a quick look and grabbed some creds while I was there so that I don’t have to go back. I only had my phone with me, and didn’t really bother making an effort to take even semi-decent photos. It is what it is.

Crash Test is back again. I really didn’t want/need to ride it, but the friends I was with wanted a go since it was right outside the show venue. Crap.

9CAk2K4.jpg

vIitZHk.jpg

I rode this just in case, but I think I’ve probably got the cred since there’s been a big apple here the past few times as well. It’s “new” on my coaster-count since it wasn’t up on there previously, but I haven’t added it to my personal count.

5tXJgY6.jpg

plRW9a8.jpg

FlGqCmW.jpg

This was definitely a +1 though. No idea who it belongs to, but I’ve done very few of these, so I’m very confident it’s new for me.

7tSYYJd.jpg

vxhEN87.jpg

A new cred for this next one as well. Again, I can’t find who’s it is, but it’s called Racing Coaster. Looking at coaster-count, Joseph Manning has the same/similar model in the UK, so I’m wondering if it’s the same one with a new paint job and trains? I don’t keep up with travelling coasters, so if anyone can enlighten me, that would be great.

7HZKOdW.jpg

TxL4Ua2.jpg

TSne9cF.jpg

There were a few flat rides, but nothing that stood out as particularly interesting, so I didn’t bother taking any more pictures. There were also a lot of game stalls, which were all quite busy. It seems that people in Hong Kong would much rather spunk their money up the wall trying to win Taobao stuffed animals than get creds.

Anyway, it was an easy +2 to get 2024 underway. If anyone's got any idea about who the creds belong to (very likely to be UK-based), let me know.