What's new

Abandoned American Adventure Pics

i remember it being quite good, but i was 6 and 7 or so, not big enough to get in the coasters....

^It was a great little park. Very different from others in the UK (probably as it was trying to be an American theme park) lol.

It was a dreadful park in a gorgeous location. No shock to discover it used to be owned and run by the same people who destroyed Camelot.

The biggest issue was planning restrictions and neighbours (for a change in the Midlands). They didn't like the place, and fought against any plans to expand.

Then dithering and lack of investment meant it lost to competition at Alton and Drayton. So a refocus on kids and the death warrant was signed, sealed and delivered.

We had a great time there with CF a few years back, but it was people, not the park made it. Even with free tickets for the following year, Family_Furie didn't make the 30 mile trip there, it just wasn't worth the effort...

In its heyday though, it looked like it was a great park and had a lot of potential.

It's my local park (like 15 mins away...) and is one of the things that boosted my enthusiasm thoughout my childhood etc.

It was such a shame when it changed into a children's park. I've always thought it should've just closed down there and then because at least it would have gone at it's best then. It was embarrassing when it tried and failed as a kids park.

So, yeah... a lot of memories bought back with those photos! RIP :)

It was my local park and therefore I still have a massive amount of affection for it.

They had the best log flume I've EVER been on (Better then Dudley Do-Right anyday), best Runaway Mine Train I've ever been on by a long shot, and a pretty good rapids ride for the UK. It was the little things that made the park like that weird dodgems-in-the-pitch-black-with-lasers thing, and I sitll think to this day the Twin Looper was a criminally underrated ride.

I loved this place. Nightmare Niagara was easily the best log flume ride in the world when it was here. So good. The Missile and everything. Its sad its all gone.

Richie said:
^ Yay! Someone else on CF from Nottingham :D
We both know it's the only place to be. :p

Notts FTW.

elmerfudd said:
I loved this place. Nightmare Niagara was easily the best log flume ride in the world when it was here. So good. The Missile and everything. Its sad its all gone.
It's not all gone completely! The Missile is now Wipeout at Pleasurewood Hills (and looking a lot better for it to be honest). Also the rumour is that the Runaway Train was bought by James Mellor and is currently in storage, possibly planned to be put back into the park if his bid for it is sucessful. Nightmare Niagra is gone completely I'm afraid. :cry:

I was lucky to go when the park was at its best, I even chose to go there and not Alton on a few occations.

It was a nice park and the log flume was fantastic. I had fun there, but there was never enough to do there to fill a whole day.

I don't know if it's me being a total girl but those kinda photos make me a bit sad lol.

Brings back really good memories of going with school a couple of times at the end of the terms even if it was never really a "good" park.

hmm as far as i remember when i went in the late 80's it was the place to be....

spike1911 said:
i remember it being quite good, but i was 6 and 7 or so, not big enough to get in the coasters....

When I was that age, I thought Rhyl Ocean Beach was amazing. Just saying.

Trust me, this park at its prime was certainly up there competing with the likes of Chessington and Drayton in my opinion. They had fantastic attractions. The Missile, rapids, go karts, twin/double looper, 3D cinema, runaway mine train, towards the end they had this rally experiance and the most popular one, nightmare niagara.
I have some great memories from that place and its such a shame its gone. Although one of the big parks should go and get Nightmare Niagara before i get it!! =P
Is it even for sale? Or is it just going to be locked up in storage forever?

I wish I'd had a chance to go while it was still around too.
The ironic thing is a lot of people all over the net still seem to miss it so much it probably would be quite successful if someone invested in the site and brought back the park or at least a few decent rides to the location.

From what i've seen themeing look quite good.

Found this video on youtube, even after two and a bit closed seasons it's still not completely gone yet, and seems as though security is lax as there are a lot of photos and videos but this is of the final section to be removed, Aztec Kingdom.
As it says in the description on youtube... "Die Hard AA fans, get the tissues at the ready."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26uILhkylec[/youtube]