What's new

2012 CF WC GF! (2) reddude333 VS (6) nealbie (Winner page 3)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: 2012 CF WC GRAND FINAL! (2) reddude333 VS (6) nealbie

Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver! That worked perfectly and I got my previous save file back! Well, back to work I suppose. Thanks for the link. Everyone here should know about that because it is a seriously helpful thing if you pull an idiot move like I just did.

JammyBand

Roller Poster

Omg, I am so glad that worked! Im going to favourite that page now lol. :) I can't wait to see your finished product! :D

reddude333

Giga Poster

Alright folks, there was a special event at Nightingale Park before opening weekend and I got a pic from outside the park. I'm really excited about the new additions this year and I hope you will all enjoy them too. We really wanted to spice up the park and draw in more teenage guests by adding some thrills. We don't yet have the commercial spot finished but it will be airing soon. Until then:

NightingalePark1_zps30809451.png

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

What I can predict is that you'll fully live up to expectations for this grand final. This trailer picture looks gorgeous. All white wooden is a simple yet brilliant choice. There seems to be some sexy headchopper around as well. Thumbs up for using Ralfvieh's Russian Woods set, it proves your ever improving knowlege of RCT3 custom content and ability to use and mix it. I find the 'towers' add some uniqueness to an otherwise classic roof.

My only (slight) complain is that it may look a bit flat. But, then again, I may be fooled :D

You know how to make successful teasers ;)

reddude333

Giga Poster

^About your last point, you have indeed been fooled ;-) Although the section in the picture is fairly flat.

JammyBand

Roller Poster

Hey Reddude, I just wanted to clarify, what link did you use to recover your file?

reddude333

Giga Poster

The second one. It only works if the last save you made was a mistake...anything before that and your probably out of luck. To summarize, you just delete the .bak from the end of the file name and it will make a new file which is from the previous save point.

JammyBand

Roller Poster

reddude333 said:
The second one. It only works if the last save you made was a mistake...anything before that and your probably out of luck. To summarize, you just delete the .bak from the end of the file name and it will make a new file which is from the previous save point.
OK, Thanks. Can't wait to see your entry to the competition!

reddude333

Giga Poster

We here at SLO Amusement Design and Construction apologize for the tardiness. We were just having too much fun at Nightingale Park over the weekend that we realized we still had to document everything but we took yesterday to get pictures and video for you guys. Here's what we've got with some captions to walk you through the park.

Nightingale Park

The way to Nightingale Park takes you right through a mountain
NightingalePark8_zps6a4b8782.png

Just inside the entrance there is a nice souvenir shop alongside the chairswing ride. On the left side of this picture you can see a peek of the latest addition to the park. Oh, and did I mention I love the Russian theming everywhere...right down to the bathrooms!
NightingalePark2_zps528274db.png

On the backside of the park there is this nice lakeside boardwalk type thing. Also noteworthy, the restaurant visible behind the swinging inverter ship had the most delicious pirozhki and borshch I've ever had (and I'm not usually a fan of beets)
NightingalePark3_zpsafa65c19.png

The Southwest corner of the park featured a quaint little carousel as well as a particularly unique and fun go-kart track. You can also see the threshold of the new section of the park
NightingalePark4_zps70caf40c.png

SLO Amusement Design and Construction is proud to present two thrilling new attractions to Nightingale Park: Disque and Zilant. Disque is a Huss giant frisbee that's sure to spin you right round. Zilant, inspired by the legendary creature after which it is named, is a GCI twisted woodie topping out at about 100ft tall
NightingalePark5_zps45e7c446.png

The location at the front of the park makes it the first thing anyone will see when approaching the park
NightingalePark6_zps5d181a42.png

Zilant features a signature 2-way tunnel leading to and from the majority of the layout
NightingalePark7_zpscf52f9a6.png

View of Zilant from the parking lot. We love this coaster!
NightingalePark9_zps7e38e601.png

Official Park Promo:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-7DhwSs0g&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Zilant Promo:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TkuoilbDGg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Colossus

Giga Poster

Wow!

That was no normal RCT3 creation, that really was a masterpiece, Nightingale Park is visually the most stunning park I have seen in a very long time, I thought it would be hard for you to out do your last ride, but incredibly you have.

So that leads to your opponent, as would appear, nealbie has pulled up leaving only one fair way to do this, now I know the final of anything should always be the two best creations going head to head for ultimate bragging rights, unfortunately that has not happened here, but what if the final turned out to be something else?
What if the final turned out to be a showcase of the person whose work was been a cut above the rest, what if this final still spawned the most beautiful creation that we can enjoy again and again?
Would that not be better? Would that not make not having a battle for the title okay?
Even so, could anything that any of us could have created really compete with that?

Well, there will be no vote, we will be crowning though right now.

And the reason we are going to do this is because, after all the drama of this tournament, all the entry's, there is 1 man who deserves this title more then anybody else, he's worked the hardest and it shows, his name is reddude333.
So lets take a look down memory lane and see what happened here and track his victorious route,

First Round - Bye

Quarter Final - Kekkyojin

ProjektAsia8_zpsdfe93877.png

ProjektAsia9_zpsa6dd636e.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBKyw1O1a2g&feature=youtube[/youtube]

Now this was areal interesting one, and I thought a tad risky, it was a great coaster and something a bit different as a ride type, but it didn't seem like a reddude ride if that makes sense, apart from the theming which was of the highest quality as always,
Inclusion a cool coaster and I commend the use of scenery and using something a bit different, in the end everybody else agreed with a 8 - 1 win in the vote over TheKingin64, who unfortunately couldn't compete properly due to other engagements at the time, but credit to him for getting something in.

Semi -Final - The Woodsman

Woodsman1_zpse56d95d8.png

Woodsman3_zps77a4b3db.png

Woodsman4_zpscc98ca46.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJgKTmrBAoQ[/youtube][/quote]

Now this is a reddude ride, and as beautiful as Zilant is , this is my favorite coaster of the whole tournament, its so well done, the station is beautiul the area the ride covers is stunning and the undercover waterfall section is the icing on the cake, the ride is both exciting and beautiful, there is no bad thing I can say about this, it is brilliant.
Reddude defeated Luna, created by deathfearsnone, who although is new to these forums, is a proven more than worthy opponent, and he will take titles in the future for sure.

Final - Nightingale Park ft Zilant

NightingalePark4_zps70caf40c.png

NightingalePark7_zpscf52f9a6.png

NightingalePark9_zps7e38e601.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-7DhwSs0g&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TkuoilbDGg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

So when we decided the stipulation, this is exactly what I was hoping for, a quint park with beautiful scenery and hopefully a woodie ;) well, what an incredible job, I couldn't have even imagined something this good in my head little own put it into practice, and although The Woodsman is still my favorite ride, this is my favorite entry, the park is beautiful and the presentation is of the highest order (I need to start messing about with the free camera), I hope you never add another ride to this park because its just beautiful the way it is.

So Reddude333 it gives me great pleasure to crown you "our" 2012 CF RCT3 World Champion, a title you are more than worthy of, I shall be contacting the mod who has been helping me with this so as to organize your prize(s) and over the next week or so I will be commenting on the competition as a whole on the hub page, so lets leave this page to send our congratulations to,

Reddude333, our worthy champion. :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Re: 2012 CF WC GF! (2) reddude333 VS (6) nealbie (Winner pag

Congratulations to Derek ! What a tremendous effort. Nightingale Park is a lovely creation. All rides play a part in this beautiful landscape and white-coloured Zilant feels iconic. The pathwork makes this park feel genuine and so does your foliage.

The layout is very entertaining thanks to its great pace and numerous hops. The underground tunnel is a fantastic idea, well executed. A well-deserved winner, though I wished Nealbie could come up and show us again his talents.

Also, congratulations to Nick for organising this superb competition which provided us lots of fun and creativity. You showed dedication and seriousness all along the way that made this great idea come true. I like the "victorious route" post as well :p

Thumbs up for all the other contestants as well, all of you made a noteworthy contribution to the WC. Having missed this WC, I'm looking forward to the next comp !

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Hurrah! Thanks to everyone who entered, organised and supported the championships!

What Derek has created is a serene masterpiece and really shows how worthy he was, with what I believe to be the superlative entry in the championship.

Will we be doing this again? If so, maybe the winner should organise it?

Colossus

Giga Poster

CoasterCrazy said:

^ Er I find that a bit disrespectful actually for that to be suggested 24 hours after this has finished, well this is kind of my baby.

But there will be one or two changes for next year I'm sure, how about we discuss that in 8 months time.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Colossus said:
CoasterCrazy said:

^ Er I find that a bit disrespectful actually for that to be suggested 24 hours after this has finished, well this is kind of my baby.

But there will be one or two changes for next year I'm sure, how about we discuss that in 8 months time.

I was merely being enthusiastic about the competition and wondering whether this was simply a one - off or whether it would be repeated and it's good to know your envisaged time scale. The second part was solely an idea, as the final stipulation decision could be assimilated into the prize....just an idea!

Maybe I should have put it like this:

What a brilliant competition! Thanks to everyone who organised, competed and supported the competition :--D I hope we'll do this again in the future!

reddude333

Giga Poster

I don't necessarily find it disrespectful but yes, another tournament like this would be many months in the future. Also, this competition is clearly Nick's (Colossus') thing so I would never consider taking over it if he wanted to organize it again. As for hosting a competition, I have (what I think) is a brilliant idea for a comp. I know deathfearsnone has his going (and mine would take some work ahead of time by me) but expect a thread for a comp by me sometime soon-ish...

Thank you to all who have supported me and voted for me all along the way and cheers to everyone who submitted entries at some point. Next year it will be great to see how everyone has progressed since there were some huge improvements this year. Special thanks to Colossus for heading this up and contacting all the people necessary to get stickys, prizes, etc. This competition was so fun and it really pushed me to make better work.

Also another special thanks to Portemine for sharing my vids. It really boosted my views and hopefully I will pick up a couple subscribers :-D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Hopefully the prize will be out to you soon :)

Additionally, you've made the front page on CF with your video and the CF Facebook page - so hopefully you'll see a boost in YouTube traffic from that too :)

Congratulations to you, the park is fantastic and you've been a fantastic contestant all the way along :)

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thanks a bunch furie! The extra exposure is doing my channel a fine service :-D

Colossus

Giga Poster

reddude333 said:
Thanks a bunch furie! The extra exposure is doing my channel a fine service :-D

I need to find a way to plug mine actually I've only got like 10 subs, sad face lol I suppose I could try putting out more content? lol
Perhaps I'll start a YouTube Channels topic if we don't already have one lol ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

We've had this topic around for a bit, so I'm going to go ahead and unsticky it. Well done all. Hopefully we'll see another one of these competitions being run at some point.