What's new

Drayton Manor | Unknown | Intamin Unknown | 2024

supersion

Mega Poster
I think the ride experience would flow better if the train dropped backwards down the lift hill on the first ascent.

Then, when it reaches the launch track and stops, it can launch forwards and do a full circuit of the entire layout without any stoppages.
I was thinking the same thing the other day when watching the re-creation video!

rctneil

Roller Poster
Yup, a forward climb up the lift dropping backwards really would make the layout feel more complete to me. Makes a lot more sense.

Esther7

Roller Poster
When do we think this is likely to be open? Planning a birthday trip, which may include Drayton if this is open, at the end of April.
I'm also planning a trip for May and hopefully it will be open by then. It seems like they're moving quickly with the construction, but I have a lot of doubts about when they'll open it... and is it normal that it doesn't have a name yet? 😅

Leon_K

Mega Poster
My comment maybe sounded a little harsh, so apologies for that.
I absolutely have trust in the project to look great and I hope for the park and all enthusiasts it is going to be a great success! I just meant to say that me reading about a park using the same theme as used many times again is just really cliché and it doesn't do anything to me anymore, but that is very personal and I understand my opinion is not everyone's opinion. However, go Drayton Manor for this in my opinion nice expansion. I never visited the park but I think this coaster is going to be a great addition. Can't wait for official POV's.

Ohhh the irony... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Whatever the theme is, I'm sure they'll do a great job. I actually think the Western theme has been dying off lately, especially in the UK at least. Won't hurt to revive it a little.
Western themes are all the range in samller kids parks, Sundown Adventureland, Blackgang Chine, Gullivers Warrington and Twin Lakes all have one to varying degrees. Those are just the ones I'm aware of from the top of my head, I have no doubt there are others.

The Sundown area is actually really well done and looks great at Christmas if you have toddlers. The Blackgang one, whilst dated, will always hold a special place in my heart even though I have picture from 40 years ago and it's barely changed!

Last edited: