What's new

Coronavirus: Impact on Theme Parks

Matt N

CF Legend
The EU has now apparently insisted that it “wants a summer holiday season” so as to revive the tourism sector, with various countries in the bloc starting to open their borders between one another again.

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
? summer holiday are a go then.

get some sunshine, boost that Vitamin D, maybe the EU arent as stupid as they look

Dr John Campbell now says there's compelling evidence vitamin D helps fight even, protect from covid
Ive been taking the sunshine vit for years, its the way to go

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Duinrell and it’s waterpark Tikibad reopened today, along with its accommodation, I think this is the first European park to reopen. (I might be wrong)

I’m not sure how you’d socially distance in a waterpark but it’s positive to see parks in mainland Europe reopening.

SDaniel

Roller Poster
? summer holiday are a go then.

get some sunshine, boost that Vitamin D, maybe the EU arent as stupid as they look

Dr John Campbell now says there's compelling evidence vitamin D helps fight even, protect from covid
Ive been taking the sunshine vit for years, its the way to go
Dr. John Campbell is a wonderful person, who should be nominated for a Nobel Prize!!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Maybe all the chlorine in the water kills the rona and protects you

It does...

...Unsurprisingly

Maybe we should start injecting chlorine? ?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Not sure how I didn’t know this... But the UK is not part of the Schengen ?

All the countries opening up to Schengen members only are automatically excluding the UK.

No Germany trips for a while then :/

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Hush don’t tell Trump

No Germany trips :( bloody Schengen
I guess the downside of Brexit
We weren’t in the Schengen area before Brexit. You always needed a passport to enter the UK except from the Republic of Ireland.

But... yes, highly unlikely that we will be given any privileges in this climate in the post-Brexit era.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Germany first proposed only EU countries - but then mianly the Scandinavian EU countries made it to be the Schengen area - to include Norway, Iceland, Faroer and - not mainly their intention ;) - Switzerland into the lifting from isolation while travelling.

I assume the restrictions may also be lifted for the UK if you government asks nicely ?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Merlin have sent out a huge consumer survey this morning. It is blatantly trying to gauge whether there will be any demand for them to open attractions, and what restrictions the public are looking for to make them feel safe.

I don’t know if it’s a good thing that they’re checking before diving in, or a bad thing that they’re clearly not sure that they should open.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Haven't received said survey yet, but I don't see how it's a bad thing? Plenty of parks have tried to understand public opinion with similar surveys, so they can present to higher ups/investors with details of what the public want.

This surely isn't any different?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Haven't received said survey yet, but I don't see how it's a bad thing? Plenty of parks have tried to understand public opinion with similar surveys, so they can present to higher ups/investors with details of what the public want.

This surely isn't any different?

Nah I don’t think it’s a bad thing necessarily... but the tone of the questions definitely indicate some level of doubt in whether they should open at all, or what the public opinion / backlash would be on them opening would be.

It is of course sensible for them to gauge that opinion before making decisions.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh my God, I hate this stupid, dumb-ass poxy virus. It's a pathetic little protein molecule encased in fat. That's it. Soap destroys it. Any old soap, doesn't even have to be high-end antibacterial stuff, just regular soap. In temperatures above 70°c, it melts! Direct sunlight frazzles it within minutes. As viruses go, it's pretty sh*t... and yet it's brought the world to its knees. I hate it. Just needs to f*** off now.

Sorry. Felt the need to vent.
As you were.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Definitely off topic but as I consider this pretty much the general chat thread for now.... this has made me review the Merlin annual pass offerings - they are pretty crap, aren’t they? You’d have to go to the major park A LOT to make any sort of significant saving compared to just using discounted tickets.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Definitely off topic but as I consider this pretty much the general chat thread for now.... this has made me review the Merlin annual pass offerings - they are pretty crap, aren’t they? You’d have to go to the major park A LOT to make any sort of significant saving compared to just using discounted tickets.
There is this thread here: https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/wtf-merlin.38748/

Or this one (less used, mind): https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/yay-merlin.38797/