What's new

CF Pokemon Go

peep

CF Legend
I'm sort of ok with the raid system but mainly because I work in Central London and just randomly turning up to one here can have enough peeps around to take it down. If I was more rural I'd hate it with a passion.

The new gym system I loathe though, I've earned a measly amount of coins since it changed as gyms change over too quickly. The amount of times I've spent nearly an hour taking down a gym or two to find both of my 'mons taken down minutes after walking away is just depressing and makes me want to never try again.

So for me it's all about just walking around catching stuff (too dangerous to walk around enough to hatch eggs now - phone theft in London is insane) and this Halloween event was essentially over for me within an hour. Urgh. I can see me dropping the game until gen 3 properly releases in December. There's just not enough reason for me to keep going.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nah raiding is cool if you get to know your local player base, but the frustrations lie in that the first week of a legendary release everyone cares but if you miss that interest wavers because they're useless... everyone is more excited about ttar than a Suicune, and I am too now I've got the Dex entry. That's broken. It can be a little bit of right time right place but I've noticed that MOST of the local raiders to me are self employed or have unusual working hours. I know enough people now that I get a message a few times a day asking if I'm interested in a raid or if anything good has spawned, like a 100% Haunter the other day.

I also prefer the new gym system. Presitiging wasn't fun and I often stumble upon gyms with space now which was unheard of before.

I've still not got Bannet, plenty enough to evolve but waiting to see if I get a wild encounter first. *shrug*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I like the raids...I see what people mean about working hard for a Blastoise...Tyranitar etc. but by this stage if you didn't have one, you weren't hardcore enough a player :p by the time raids came, I was on my 6th Blastoise anyway, just for example...and they give a good chance of catching a strong version (still need a good Snorlax!).

As for the gym system, I prefer it too :p Being a Red player was always a pain in Portsmouth (everyone was Blue) or Cambridge (everyone in Cherry Hinton was Yellow, in the rest of Cambridge, Blue). And I would very rarely get the 50 coins a day you can get now (let alone the 100 you could!), plus training was always a tedious ballache which I definitely don't miss, I guarantee my 50 coins every day by going out just after midnight and taking my 8 nearby gyms (takes about 45 mins) which is great.

Excited for gen 3 of course...but I will be disappointed if they put in any raid bosses from gen 3 for a good 4 to 6 months...work hard for those Pokemon!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Finally I can stop....
Apart from daily raids, need to use those raid passes.
Apart from catching everything as usual, as I might as well use balls
Apart from when gen 3 comes out next month.
But yay I'm done.
23756025_10213225057655389_571654885_n.png

23721938_10213225058095400_790031996_n.png

23718106_10213225058055399_832195575_n.png

23772045_10213225058375407_524124151_n.png

23758374_10213225058415408_1016779067_n.png

23718485_10213225058815418_960218389_n.png

23721705_10213225058895420_463294345_n.png

23756309_10213225059495435_1778357599_n.png

23667439_10213225059615438_397261487_n.png

23758317_10213225057615388_906091093_n.png

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Because I wanted level 40 :p with nice/great/excellent throws and first catch and curveballs, wayyyy over 1M of my total XP would have come from Magnemites.

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
Minus legendaries and regionals, I've completed the Gen 1 dex. Caught 237 Seen 243
Unless something changes, I recognize I will NEVER have a legendary (either the rides are more important at a theme park & not enough players), or where I live, it's dead.
I've gotten one shiny (magikarp that I evolved into a full powered gyrados.
Still at level 34, and I keep thinking I'll be level 35 soon. I still play, but not often except for events. There's nothing exciting to hatch or evolve that I can't realistically get. If they do the FarFetched event thing, yeah, that'll motivate me to play and try to catch one, otherwise, I'm just kinda random catching a couple mon each day while waiting for gen 3 release.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's been a hot minute, it looks like. Do people still play?

The big news this morning is that player trading is coming soon! This is huge news, as it can help a bunch of people complete their Dex with that last legendary or regional!

If anybody is interested in trading, I'll post my trainer code when the feature goes live. I will be looking to trade for Lunatone, Volbeat, and Mr Mime. If people happen to have Kangaskhan, Relicanth, Torkoal, or Tropius, I'll happily trade for those as well. If there's interest, I will definitely start farming the NA regionals - Tauros, Seviper, Solrock, Illumise, and others. Let me know!

TilenB

Strata Poster
I still play! But as far as I understand it, you're only able to trade with people that are near you, so trans-continental trading sadly won't be a thing. Plus looking at the photos they've posted, the stardust costs sound rather prohibitive for legendaries and such, if you don't have a high friendship level with the person you're trading with.
Sucks, since I'd love to give you some Mr. Mimes, Volbeat or Kangaskhan.

peep

CF Legend
I played a fair bit until about 3 weeks ago when Jurassic World Alive got released. I was never a fan of the trading concept anyway so this isn't likely to draw me back in.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I tried playing Jurassic World Alive and got bored after 5 mins. I think this Harry Potter Go is the only one that is likely to steer me away from Pokemon Go, but I have nearly invested 2 years of my life in Pokemon Go so that seems unlikely now.

Just passed the 30M xp barrier, managed another 500k on community day. Easily my best community day, I caught 180 Larvitar, 9 were shiny...against my better judgement, I was 'forced' into doing a raid during the event...I wasn't best pleased because I wanted Larvitar but a beautiful shiny Kyogre made up for it...and then 20 minutes later I got another!

If anyone wants to trade Torkoal on a Live or something I'll post my trainer code when it goes live...basic friends cost 1M stardust for a special trade, so I want to be friends with you for the 90d being best friends takes (to reduce it to 40k stardust)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Let's be friends in Pokémon GO! My Trainer Code is 8215 8403 1387!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Have code_of-furie

1779 5564 8801

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
This friends thing already has me super excited. I've now finally completed my Kanto dex after trading one of my Kangaskhan for a Tauros with some guy from our raid group! :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This friends thing already has me super excited. I've now finally completed my Kanto dex after trading one of my Kangaskhan for a Tauros with some guy from our raid group! :D
How much stardust was it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk