What's new

New coaster for Clarence Pier

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think that anybody apart from Dave, Ollie and myself will give a toss about this, but Clarence Pier are getting a new coaster!

It's called Speedy Gonzales and it's a big apple coaster. It'll be a three token ride; Skyways (the other coaster) is a five token ride. Make of that what you will!

Marcus Gaines (coaster bloke that helped organise the Paultons Enthusiast Day on behalf of the RCCGB) confirmed it to me earlier.

Thus endeth the first and last post of this topic :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
When I went past it just before Christmas I saw them building something new. It wouldn't have been this coaster. It looked like some weird high ropes course thing down where the log flume is.

I want Hayling Island to get a new credit as I've still got to take Maddie there and I at least want to get a new credit out of it. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Ollie, from what I've heard, it's nothing special lol. Still, worth a walk through though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ If its not from Clacton, then I'd guess it is brand new. You see too many of these versions about.

According to RCDB, its not the one from Clacton, but it may not have been updated yet?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
I don't think that anybody apart from Dave, Ollie and myself will give a toss about this, but Clarence Pier are getting a new coaster!

I care! Skyways was on of my first coasters ever. I love getting a push from the ride op at the start, it's so reassuring! Although I doubt we'll go down to ride a Big Apple I'm sure we'll have a go sometime soon as we usually end up going to Southsea once a year or so.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know you're all screaming for an update on this, so wait no longer!

The new coaster is being erected along the pier edge in the south-eastern corner of the park, where the log flume once sat. The disk-o and log flume have gone, although I'm assuming they are in storage until the new coaster is built.
clarpiermarch11.jpg

The dodgems have been moved to where the red box is on the image below. The new coaster is where the blue box is. The green box indicates a new ride that I've never seen at the park before!
clarpiermarch111.JPG

The new ride is a rope assault course! Looks fab and has a cunning name; Pier Pressure! Love it!
clarpiermarch112.jpg

Anyway, back to the new, amazing coaster!

The track is in position. Most of the supports are going up. No trains or control box are on-site yet.
clarpiermarch113.jpg

The maintenance team are hard at work. They were tightening bolts when I took this photo.
clarpiermarch114.jpg

I did ask one of the blokes when the ride would be open, "By Easter, mate" was his chirpy reply.

One more shot of the whole ride for you!
clarpiermarch115.jpg

The ride is called Speedy Gonzales and is an apple/worm coaster. When it opens, it will be a three token ride which will cost you £1.50. A small price to pay to increase your coaster count.

There we go, what an exclusive for you. :wink:

Dave

CF Legend
I can see an accident in the coming year on that rope ride, haha. Have to venture down there sometime soon.

Jake

Strata Poster
Well it's not a Big Apple/Worm, so at least we know it's not the one from Clacton <3.

I've been meaning to go back down to Portsmouth with Kir/Ben, so this is a good excuse...