What's new

Loudoun Castle: Coaster under construction

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Any idea where Slitherin is going?

I don't see why they took it down and kept it in storage, then went to the effort of putting this up? I know they're different coasters, but as far as the GP are concerned they're basically the same.

A

Anonymous

Im going on it

I am visiting Loudon Castle tomorrow (JUNE 2ND) and will snap a few good shots of the ride in service. I am looking forward to riding it and will review it on its page.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Jake said:

I don't see why they took it down and kept it in storage, then went to the effort of putting this up? I know they're different coasters, but as far as the GP are concerned they're basically the same.

They took Slitherin down, and built the Rat, I guess they then kept Slitherin in Storage and up for sale. They then brought the 4 Man Bob coaster back and kept that in Storage along with Slitherin.

Then both the Rat and Twsit n Shout went up for sale. They sold Rat, and installed 4 Man Bob. I guess if they had sold Twist n Shout, Slitherin would have been built in its place, but fortunately, they sold Slitherin. Which has gone to Italy: http://rcdb.com/5459.htm

Hopefully that means Twist n Shout is no longer for sale....

A

Anonymous

Pictures

Here is the ride as it stands at Loudon Castle Theme Park on July second 2010. The ride is okay and is the same design as Space Invader 2 (DEFUNCT) at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Jake

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Jake said:

They took Slitherin down, and built the Rat, I guess they then kept Slitherin in Storage and up for sale. They then brought the 4 Man Bob coaster back and kept that in Storage along with Slitherin.

Then both the Rat and Twsit n Shout went up for sale. They sold Rat, and installed 4 Man Bob. I guess if they had sold Twist n Shout, Slitherin would have been built in its place, but fortunately, they sold Slitherin. Which has gone to Italy: http://rcdb.com/5459.htm

Hopefully that means Twist n Shout is no longer for sale....

You miss my point.

I wasn't asking for a timeline, as I know already. I just couldn't see the logic of getting rid of Slitherin and then putting 4 man bob up (when slitherin was already on site, waiting to be built again) when in the eyes of the GP they're basically the same coaster. I guess it's one of those things, like Star Parks buying a boomerang in, then stealing the train from another one rendering it useless anyway :p.

On the plus side, Slitherin is in Italy. This is turning into a good time to move there afterall :).

Martyn B

CF Legend
Jake said:
I just couldn't see the logic of getting rid of Slitherin and then putting 4 man bob up (when slitherin was already on site, waiting to be built again) when in the eyes of the GP they're basically the same coaster. I guess it's one of those things, like Star Parks buying a boomerang in, then stealing the train from another one rendering it useless anyway :p.

Well one would guess that as both the Rat & Twist n Shout were for sale, they were intending on installing both Slitherin & 4 Man Bob as replacements for Rat and TnS. But they just happened to sell Slitherin, saving TnS.

That is my guess anyway....

And who's Star Parks anyway? :p

MattLCV

Roller Poster
Glad to see a replacement for the Rat finally installed and it doesn't look too shabby. Will have to get up there soon and try it out.

TBH I think this ride is more suited to that area of the park than The Rat ever was but unless they're planning on changing some of the themed areas, "Gold Rush" seems an odd name for a farm ride. At least there was some kind of link with The Plough - however tenuous.

Interesting about Slitherin - I didn't know it'd been sold.... FINALLY!!
So that makes it the second ride Loudoun have sold to Movieland, after that big old Intamin Freefall ride.

Hopefully the sale of The Rat and Slitherin after all these years will give Loudoun a bit more cash to play with when considering what to install next year... we shall see though.

--EDIT--

Oh yeah and hate the bloody cattle pen. Yet another at Loudoun.