What's new

Coasting for Kids

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
This event is taking place at almost all (if not all) Cedar Fair parks on July 29th. What the event does is raise money for Give Kids The World, a non profit organization located near Orlando.
Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
So there is a Coaster Marathon on one coaster for one day on July 29th to raise money. Anyone can enter and must raise at least $50 to participate. (Or donate that amount yourself if you can't get donors.) I am going to be participating in the event at Valleyfair and I encourage all of you who have the opportunity to do the same!

Here's information on the coasters and length of the marathons at the Cedar Fair parks that are participating:
Cedar Point
Marathon Gemini from 7:00am-5:00pm. 60 seats available, perks include T-Shirt, breakfast and lunch. Winner receives a VIP Tour for 4 people, second place gets 4 Halloweekends tickets and backstage tour, and third place receives a GKTW goodie bag.

Dorney Park
Marathon Steel Force from 10:00am-5:00pm. 36 seats available, perks include breakfast and lunch. Winner receives a five hour VIP Tour for 4 people, second place gets four tickets to the Halloween Haunt at Dorney and a behind the scenes tour.

Kings Dominion
Marathon Rebel Yell from 10:30am-6:00pm. Perks include breakfast and lunch. (Don't have info on prizes for winner.)

Canada's Wonderland
Marathon Behemoth from 9:00am-5:00pm. 32 seats available, perks include lunch. Winner receives VIP Tour for 4 people, second place gets four tickets to the Halloween Haunt and dinner at Marketplace International buffet.

California's Great America
Don't have any info but they are participating.

Carowinds
Marathon Thunder Road from 8:00am-5:00pm. 30 seats available, perks include lunch and light breakfast snack at registration. Winner receives admission for 4 and VIP dinner at SCarowinds. Second place receives 2 good any day tickets.

Michigan's Adventure
Marathon Thunderhawk from 11:00am-2:30pm then a half hour lunch before finishing the marathon from 3:00pm-9:00pm on Shivering Timbers. 10 seats available. Winner receives 4 general admission tickets and a souvenir basket. Second place receives 2 general admission tickets and a souvenir basket.

Knott's Berry Farm
Marathon Jaguar from 7:00am-5:00pm. 30 seats available, perks include breakfast and lunch. Winner and runner up receive beagle bucks to spend in the park as well as Knott's merchandise.

Kings Island
Marathon Racer from 7:00am-5:00pm. 60 seats available. Winner and runner up receive VIP Tour for 2 people.

Valleyfair
Marathon Wild Thing from 10:00am-5:00pm. 36 seats available, perks include breakfast. Winner receives 4 good any day tickets and a behind the scenes tour. Runner up receives 2 good any day tickets and a behind the scenes tour.

Worlds of Fun
Marathon Mamba from 7:00am-5:00pm. Perks include breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Prizes unknown for winners.

Winners refers to highest money raisers in all cases. There are breaks for food obviously don't know details on how long, expect 30-60 minutes though. To sign up visit:
http://www.firstgiving.com/process/raisemoney/default.asp?did=1785&skip=home
Then obviously select the park you would attend the event at.

Can't participate? You can still donate! Help me out:
http://www.firstgiving.com/taylorreid

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^ I was thinking the same thing. I am happy with Wild Thing at Valleyfair though! I think Canada's Wonderland has the best deal going on Behemoth.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Knotts seriously chose Jaguar?! I would have figured they'd choose Silver Bullet, something more adult sized. Plus they can fit 32 riders, over the 30 on jaguar...

Ben

CF Legend
Marathoning Rebel Yell? Well, THAT'S my new vision of Hell...

Marathoning Behemoth is the only one <3 worthy.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Just got done with the event and got exactly 100 rides on Wild Thing. They didn't have mandatory breaks like they said they would which was actually nice, but in Valleyfair fassion they also did not have our t-shirts. Still a fun long day and the most rides I have done in one day. Only 6 people were at the event at Valleyfair so they just blocked off a few rows on the trains. My lunch consisted of other people getting me a corn dog and I ate while my train went one cycle then i got back on. The other two breaks were quick bathroom breaks. So it was tons of fun but exhausting and I may have actually been the second place winner but again in Valleyfair fassion they said they would email us later.