What's new

Canada-USA-Netherlands – August 2018 {Day 18 - Summary}

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Blitz Bahn disappointed me with the speed being held back all the time. Obviously it's the best looking one for theming and stuff, but I had more fun on the unsuspecting ones,
Have you done other Bobkarts?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Day 15 – Efteling (Day I)

So I’d always been pretty basic and never actually bothered to go to Efteling. This trip was finally my chance!

We drove to the park and after some slightly confusing directions (I should say, no directions/signposts) we managed to find the car park for Loonsche Land hotel, where we’d be staying that evening. Thankfully we already had all our tickets and room keys and stuff, so it was a pretty easy job dumping the car and heading to the park.

Now, minor disclaimer first. I can’t exactly remember when we did re-rides on most of this stuff, so I’m probably going to skip those if I can’t remember. We did re-ride the big coasters a bunch of times, though.

8kZnjwQ.jpg

First up was the B&M. The whole area around this ride is great, and thanks to the short queue (we were right on the tail end of the early entry for hotel guests) we were in to the pre-show in no time. Such an impressive (immersive!) room, and it was good fun spotting all the other effects and details over the coming days. On in to the batching room, and down in to the train. Second pre-show is also great, and then the B&M loveliness that is Baron happens. Smooth, fun, nice forces, all round a good coaster. Sure, not super intense, but it’s really very good. Especially once you add all of the effects and theming in, too.

nzBCyaS.jpg

RIOjyjk.jpg

They let us have two laps, as the queues were still non-existent, so that was a bonus too!

We made our way round to De Vliegende Hollander next, which was a real unknown for me. People do talk about it, but I’ve always assumed it’s in the “so bad it’s good” category. Definitely not! It was great! I mean, the coaster section is utter turd, but the dark ride section at the start was so unexpected. Great use of darkness and atmosphere. No point writing much more, I’m guessing most people know what it does.

XLJKBoF.jpg

Abt2Qd7.jpg

We quickly knocked off Python, with its somewhat strange (or stupid, or useless) ticketing system where you get a timed ride ticket for the time it is, which you proceed to then just put in to a machine which lets you in to the queue. Insane waste of paper.

J9UjQkb.jpg

Ride itself was alright. It was smooth, but this really feels like an example of polishing a turd. The shaping is better, sure, but the layout is still garbage. It sticks out like a sore thumb in the park too, god knows why they spent all that money refurbishing it, they should have just got rid of it. Next please.

Woodies! Yay!

This is more like it. Short-ish queue still (the advantage of being in the park early is that it takes people AGES to get back this far in the park), so we had the choice of back row. Split up so we could ‘race’. After, we swapped sides (for the creds and ‘cos the queue was short).

yXNfbi5.jpg

HmkhtnF.jpg

kaCWo6R.jpg

These are good GCI coasters, and really what it would have been great for Wickerman to emulate, I suppose. The first, slightly more traditional, half is good and gives a good sense of the racing nature of the two sides, but the second half with all of the hops, changes in direction, double drops and all of that is where these coasters excel. I particularly enjoyed the little straightaway just before the final few corners. Another great feature in a racing coaster. Four happy goons. :)

Vogel Rock was next – basically knockoff Temple of the Nighthawk. Meh.

NolxiCR.jpg

hwSnwbv.jpg

Canaval Festival was next door, with no queue so hopped on that quickly. Not as bad as some of these rides in Europe, but this was mildly racist. Look at all of the culture in Europe (France, Italy, Sweden, etc), and a bit of America, followed by AFRICA and ASIA (they’re literally all the same over in those places, right?). The Uncle Sam puppet looking down on the Asian scene is particularly hilarious – look at them, animals. Good work Efteling.

stz6WAt.jpg

yAJreSG.jpg

Predecessor to Arthur next – Droomvlucht. Although this isn’t a cred (or is it?!), it’s a similar type of ride technology and pretty impressive. Some nice changes in speed and decent sets. Clearly trumped by the newer stuff, but that’s to be expected on this type of ride I suppose.

Mad house next, can’t remember any of it.

Now on to Symbolica (Syyyymmboowlicaa – I’ll always say it in my head like this). Decent queue moving steadily, and the frist pre-show batching room is huge. On the off chance that people haven’t ridden it yet, I won’t spoil it, but suffice to say it was pretty magical! I definitely wasn’t expecting it. The batching in to the three different ride experiences is a bit haphazard (I think it’s just poorly explained in the queue, so sheep mentality seems to grip most people), but we slipped through and rode the red car first (I think, to be honest my memory is failing me a bit).

This is an amazing dark ride, for sure. I think the story is useless, even though I don’t speak Dutch there’s very little common theme to it and all that, but it doesn’t really matter as the sets and ride vehicles are so wonderful. Highlights were the planetarium room and the large room following the separate scenes (don’t know how else to describe it). The final room with the ‘theming’ trackless vehicles was nice too. Real quality attraction, and one of the best things in the park without a doubt. Probably one of the best dark rides in Europe, thinking about it.

Curiously though, I didn’t take any pictures of the frontage this day. Dunno why…

Next door is the flying island, so we jumped on that. Always good for photo opportunities!

KiXsWAw.jpg

asagKl9.jpg

View from the back/top is the best you’ll get from me today!

4cbrNf1.jpg

Earlier in the day we’d picked up some tickets for Raveleijn – the BIG Efteling show, and our slot was now ready. Another one I won’t go in to too much detail on, but the show is very impressive for the most part, with lots of effects, ravens, horses, a disappearing lady, a drowning man, a fire breathing dragon, daredevil pigeons, the works. Definitely do this if you’ve got the time!

eTsrtkS.jpg

P5w91f5.jpg

c2FfHyl.jpg

After a few re-rides and photo-ops around the park, we headed towards Fata Morgana and the lake adjacent for Aquanura show. Fata Morgana was pretty poop, definitely needs updating (or spiting).

Output of the various photo-ops first.

PwmX4d5.jpg

X2zSrMo.jpg

Duj9hPl.jpg

4W3weCF.jpg

P3KDbC9.jpg

gYDo2gA.jpg

8ac1KLq.jpg

jC7mT94.jpg

Yay, reflections!

y1fmre3.jpg

sD1P4ez.jpg

The fab De Vliegende Hollander station.

PVDLLZX.jpg

zyWZgtV.jpg

The water show was pretty impressive, although they struggled to keep the mist on the lake, which I can imagine heightens the whole thing. Still, big ol’ water cannons and flamethrowers is always a crowd pleaser.

2XBwAGq.jpg

KcBV6mJ.jpg

FIRE!

Back to the hotel for dinner and a bit of downtime, before hitting the hay. It’d ended up being a long day (not least because Efteling is ****ing huge and so it’s a lot of walking), but we were in good spirits as we called it a day. To close out today, some pictures of the magnificent park entrance.

SqkUa6R.jpg

pe34ocF.jpg

cufzdLU.jpg

White balance shifted a little in this one for some reason. Only noticed now I’ve posted them all in a line. Maybe I’ll fix it one day…

KWOra21.jpg

75wHgaf.jpg

Another day in Efteling next, hopefully I can get that up soon too. I’ll do a summary of the park then, I think. Thanks for reading!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Day 16 – Efteling (Day II)

Another one right away. Had a bit of time to knock this out this evening.

Huge breakfast to start with day, with copious amounts of coffee, and we were set for the day. Quieter day in Efteling today, even more chilled than the day before. This’ll probably be a fairly light day in terms of words, but hopefully there’s enough pictures (many of which look like the ones yesterday, but I promise they’re different) to keep you entertained.

We headed for Baron during the early entry, which proved to be a good call as the queue was quite a bit larger later in the day. Good to get a lap in early. Did Hollander next, which was equally as enjoyable (except the track shaping on the outdoor section, which is ghastly).

YgixDDA.jpg

Td3swDD.jpg

AVbMYJy.jpg

dtgnJbM.jpg

iQxdZ8R.jpg

qpccJrS.jpg

y2d5ti3.jpg

Should’ve wrecked it.

qPU05TB.jpg

The next chunk of the day was spent milling around the various dioramas in the park, eating, drinking coffee, re-riding the odd coaster as we came across it, but generally just taking it easy.

Spookslot – huge diorama – rubbish.

Fairytale Forest – urgh, so burdenously big. We stopped for a ‘deluxe’ coffee in the middle, but still took ages to get out. I just don’t get this. I can’t ever imagine myself venturing in there again, especially knowing how long it takes to navigate. Maybe I missed the point, or something, but this really did nothing for me.

FXq2DRl.jpg

3PZKmHF.jpg

iUBbtZl.jpg

aRDVsKb.jpg

Ben trying to catch a poop coin in his hat.

JmHladv.jpg

Fancy coffee was served here, but get me out already.

Diorama (behind the carousel) – did this while someone went to the loo.

Stoomcarousel was a nice little ride, with plenty of colour and history to it. As an engineer it’s hard not to admire steam engines, and a theme park ride powered by one? Yes please.

4pxXxOt.jpg

GlpepAj.jpg

cxbHotS.jpg

Oh ****.

Re-rode Symbolica, this time choosing a different car. To be honest, the difference was minimal, different room in the middle fo the ride and a few different interactions in another, but for the most part it’s exactly the same. Excellent, though.

ATqPE4a.jpg

I was sure I’d taken a picture of the entrance, here it is.

QKsyBFb.jpg

wBBDBb6.jpg

We did the rapids, which was enjoyable and not terribly spiteful.

Finished up with a final lap of Joris (water), which I think we agreed in the end was the better of the two sides. Brilliant.

p4ZlpHG.jpg

CvmbhIO.jpg

KET7732.jpg

Had dinner in the Rainforest Café Octopus Restaurant, with a decent pasta meal. Another one I’d recommend. Good value, too.

Efteling: So, how was it then? I really did enjoy the park. It has a wonderful setting, lovely aesthetic, some great rides (notably the woodies, Baron, Hollander and Symbolica, but a good chunk of others too) and plenty to explore. I didn’t love it, and to be honest I can’t quite put my finger on why. I mean, for me it’s the third best park in Europe (Phantasialand, Europa Park, this), probably, but then it’s hard for me to really know what comes fourth? Without a doubt a top tier park, and I’m sure it won’t be too long until I’m back, but I won’t be rushing back next season. I’ll probably wait until their next cred.

We made our way out of the park and drove the hour or so up towards the hotel near Walibi Holland. Checked in, grabbed a beer and relaxed in the square before it was time for bed. Even though it was chilled, the day had been quite long and I think we were merciful of bed at the end.

Final ‘big’ park tomorrow, Walibi Holland.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Day 17 – Walibi Holland

Okay, final ‘big’ day of the trip now. Getting there, but running out of steam a bit!

Short hop down the road from the hotel, and we were at the park, with its ghastly entrance and main street theming. Seriously Walibi, what were you thinking?!

OaSIjF6.jpg

3lbb003.jpg

Urgh.

First coaster we came to was Platform 13, and although it felt like the reasonably non-enthusiast thing to do, we headed straight for it. Walkthrough style queue line and loading bay is surprisingly atmospheric (although music admittedly loud at times). Coaster itself is a bit pants though really. It’s much smoother than I expected, but the lack of indoor theming like you find on the Disney ones makes you realise that these rides are pretty uninspired.

Now, for the last time on this report…

qpcD64u.jpg

We did the boomerang (Speed of Sound) last – it was awful. Been through this before.

Hixee’s previous rant said:
So I rode five Boomerangs on this trip, and hated every single one. I’m just going to get the rant done now. Each of the five boomerangs (Canada’s Wonderland, La Ronde, Great Escape, Darien Lake and Walibi Holland) were all of varying qualities. Some had the old trains, some the new trains, some were smooth, some were rough – all of that is totally academic as I’ve realised that it’s the backwards inversions that really :emoji_zipper_mouth:s me up. Every single one, regardless of all the other factors, left me feeling exactly the same as we hit the brakes. Gross. Terrible pieces of :emoji_poop:. Okay, rant over.

Thank **** that’s over. Hate them.

The boomerang was 599 for me, so we’d planned on making the 600 something a bit more notable. Of Goliath or Lost Gravity, Goliath was the winner for me. It’s one of those coasters I’ve known about for over decade, and never had the chance to ride (#basic), and so now it was a chance to make it a milestone. One of those ‘inspirational’ coasters you read about early in your enthusiast life.

They were still testing when we arrived at the queue, but a few empty trains later and they starting loading guests. We probably only waited about 15 minutes at this point.

YOI3wGY.jpg

BUsLM4e.jpg

R38n4yN.jpg

The ride was really good. Definitely got that slightly old-school feel to it, where the transitions between elements are a little more drawn out and the trains don’t snap through them quite as much, but has some solid airtime over the hills and nice forces in the helices. I bagged front row too, so happy with that.

2OvDv0o.jpg

It’s not a proper milestone unless you take a picture out front, let’s face it.

Moved round to Robin Hood next, which is a wholly unremarkable coaster. It has some really weird shuffling and jumping (for want of a better word) at the crests of the hills, which I can’t recall ever having experienced before. The airtime is bland, the layout is dull, on the whole a pretty naff Woodie. It could really do with the RMC treatment…

l0GImTP.jpg

3PQEur5.jpg

Our wandering through the park landed us at Lost Gravity next, which is certainly a very interesting coaster to look at. I kinda like the idea of the aesthetic, but in places it feels a little too forced and almost too messed up for my liking. It’s all exacerbated by the ridiculous looking trains. Let’s give it a go then.

cghb4Go.jpg

618y8j3.jpg

Okay, so that was strange. Brilliant, but strange. The way the trains move through the elements, and the shaping of those elements, leads to some pretty mad sensations. The first drop is great, with a really strange lurching feeling as it twists, followed by the tiny hill and weird top-hat thing (which I remember puzzling over for some time during it’s construction). Quality ejector hill next, an then the random corner and MCBR. Second half is a flurry of inversions, tight corners and pops of air. Really enjoyable coaster, and definitely something pretty unique!

On the way out, we faffed around for a bit taking some photos, so I’ll just throw them all in here.

QQ7PPfM.jpg

yIvV3NY.jpg

One of those trick shots that works really well with Lost Gravity as the trains are so small. Plus, this one has FIRE! Must be worth some bonus points, what do you reckon, @davidm?

0kmBbYf.jpg

D4UYOZI.jpg

gwQdlnQ.jpg

UrPxWIp.jpg

VRZPz7e.jpg

Over in the corner of Lost Gravity is another cred, Drako and the VR experience (thing?) The Clinic: Neurogen.

So the Clinic thing was interesting. We’d opted for the €5 ‘timed slot’ when buying our tickets online, which saved us a healthy queue, and we essentially walked straight in. The aesthetic inside is pretty great (and creepy, in some ways), with that whole sinister hospital of the future vibe going on. Choose your experience (makes little difference, I think) and then enter the room where you don the VR kit.

Woman in my room wasn’t terribly helpful as she just handed me the VR headset and headphones and from there didn’t provide any help in getting them on. For some reason she also made me put the headphones on first, with the VR elastic strap over the top – that’s not how it normally works, right? Calibrates the view, and off we go.

I won’t go in to any real detail on the experience, to avoid any spoilers, but it’s essentially like a memory trip through your own past and future. It’s a nice idea, with some good scenes and some interesting uses of ‘4D’ effects throughout. At the end you’re brought back into the clinic abruptly (although in line with the story) and you’re sent on your way. I think I’m a bit of a cynic with these things, but I thought this wasn’t a terribly impressive experience. The video resolution wasn’t great, there was sometimes little point in looking around the scene and I didn’t really ‘get’ the whole narrative. I had no idea what to expect, really, and I was anxious going in, but I left feeling a bit… meh. That said, I can definitely see how this sort of thing could be done really well, and provide a good use of VR in theme parks. Hopefully parks realise that this is a better use of VR that putting it on coasters! I dunno though, maybe I missed the point. @Lofty seemed to like it!

QhoZ1fb.jpg

k5iyLy2.jpg

We did the rapids and lunch, before heading for the SLC. This one was pretty bad, to be honest. Some really horrible slams (a bump would be an understatement) in some of the elements – most notably the exit of the sidewinder. Awful piece of ****. At least it’s not a boomerang though.

qPHwRvV.jpg

fhgyVFn.jpg

Still using up old stock, too.

That was all the creds sorted, so we re-rode Goliath, whilst also quickly doing the mad house (another one I don’t remember the details of…). We managed to talk Ben on to the ferris wheel, as Mark and I wanted to give it a go for the views. To be fair, I think Ben hated it, but we did get some decent pictures so… worth it?

wionIT1.jpg

evTpeNW.jpg

EhHqEr7.jpg

VjITMWM.jpg

DPqyXHF.jpg

vkGzZXK.jpg

After a re-ride on Lost Gravity (mercifully shorter queue, although still burdenously long time spent in the elevated tunnel and mirror room) we called it a day. Mark and I popped out of the park towards to the car park entrance for some final vantage points of Goliath. Something about this look of this coaster really appeals to me!

pBpPwjp.jpg

fPi2Yb3.jpg

zyl0pIm.jpg

caNd2jh.jpg

The Stengel Dive that inspired so many of my early NoLimits creations.

Ud1GZfI.jpg

Walibi Holland: You know what, I really can see how this used to be a Six Flags park. It had a feel quite reminiscent of one of the smaller SF parks. To be honest, if it wasn’t for Lost Gravity of Goliath, the place would be a bit of a dump. The layout of the park is a bit strange with a few dead ends and unclear directions. This is particularly bad on the route to Goliath, which is nothing short of ridiculous, especially given that there’s a path built underneath the SLC that they just don’t open. Rest of the park is okay, I guess? Once it’s got an RMC, it’ll be much better. If/when I go back for that, I’ll probably only ride that, Lost Gravity and Goliath – the rest is a bit naff. Oh, and **** all the bees. There were thousands of the bloody things, park-wide – they really needed to get pest control in.

We took a break on the drive home to stop in Almere for dinner. Found one of those new developments with a whole bunch of restaurants, cinema, apartments, you know the type. One of the places had a “bottomless satay chicken”, which made it the default choice. Plenty of that, and then it was on the road back to Schiphol. We were staying right next to the airport, as it was only Mark and I that were doing the final day, so a morning transfer was easier. Quality stuff.

Final day next, with two small parks. Hopefully not going to take me too long to get that posted.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I certainly agree with you regarding Goliath - I've been looking at pictures and watching videos of it for 15 years now. The nostalgic side of me wants to say that the ride isn't the same without the bright green track, but that blue and black combo looks so good!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Day 18 – Drievliet & Duinrell

How many people are still here now? :p Last day of this trip, now.

Day started with a fab Maccie’s breakfast at the end of the Schiphol runway, before we made a move on to Drievliet. The weather was looking a bit ropey today, so we were feeling a bit apprehensive that we’d get all of the creds, but we figured we’d just try to push through.

Drove in to the industrial estate that contains Drievliet. God, what a **** hole entrance. Exacerbated by all of the construction going on in the area. Man, not an inspiring start.

wmDBjkF.jpg

Vub2wWE.jpg

Place looks small from the outside, but it opens up more than I expected once you’re in. We were there as they opened, so they were opening up the coasters as we made our way through the park.

First up was Twistrix, the slightly strange spinning coaster made by Maurer. The cars are pretty small, so Mark and I took one each (I was at the front, Mark at the back). The way this spins is a bit strange – it feels partly powered to ‘get it going’ and then coasts after that. The thing is, this can lead to some insane spinning. It works hard to get you spinning, but you then hit the corner and the free-coasting spinning comes in to effect and it goes crazy. Better than I expected, but still nothing great.

rsf9m5H.jpg

pRl1Qqs.jpg

Formule X opened last of all the coasters, so we quickly knocked off the powered cred and the mouse. See?

xJ4JvLT.jpg

OacqYtq.jpg

Finally Formule X was open, so we took a couple of laps on that. I feel so indifferent about this ride. The launch was actually decent, but then the shaping is just so odd throughout and makes the whole thing feel a bit ****. Coupled with the comically large restraints.

sTfiUiu.jpg

Zc9U0jN.jpg

nxFkgI8.jpg

Bke3AmF.jpg

We quickly did the ghost train thing (of which the highlight was the façade, so yeah), and then the water chute thing on the way out. I think we were there for about two hours, maximum.

Drievliet: This place is pretty soulless. Nothing wrong with it, really, but it’s a permanent fair quality at best. It is a +4 though. Apparently there’s a nice manor house and gardens nearby, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone checking it out.

Short drive later and we were at Duinrell. Much nicer setting, and the walk from entrance into the park itself is really nice. It was a long walk back to the coasters, as Duinrell is actually a massive resort with loads of other stuff to do, but soon enough you can hear (and eventually see) the creds.

Z2zZR1f.jpg

vX1I3cs.jpg

EGVni4h.jpg

Lots of trees and brown coloured rides makes the whole place look pretty nice, actually. Quite attractive.

We hopped on the junior coaster first, Dragon Fly. This was actually surprisingly good with some hilarious pops of airtime on some of the drops (helped, I think, by the long trains). Nice to see a custom (or at least, non-standard) one of these.

vtTpUaA.jpg

OkQ7IdG.jpg

Next brown coaster is Falcon, the Eurofighter. Joy oh joy, a Rage clone. Eh, not terrible, but not special.

BJ4F842.jpg

PhamocZ.jpg

ujySgLC.jpg

Saving grace is that the setting is really quite nice.

Final brown coaster was the kiddie Tivoli. I think this is the same as the one at Tripsdrill, but I can’t be arsed looking it up, but basically an extra-large one with a few quite nice low level corners. Happy days.

Okay, so now we’d sorted all of the coasters, with no spite all day (despite the passing showers all day), it was time to try some of the other stuff at Duinrell as we had hours before we needed to leave.

Let’s try the splash boat thing. We’ve been this around before, but it’s the strange ‘covered’ splash boat. The uncovered side was getting people insanely wet, so there was little appetite for that, but they were still running both boats. Separate queues mean you don’t run the risk of getting spited big time by the timing. Splash itself is huge, and the covers do a pretty good job of keeping the water out – just the odd drip here and there.

hO810cX.jpg

Queue on the right is for the open side, which wasn’t looking too popular!

tLm785H.jpg

88BrPLw.jpg

s6fDN2C.jpg

Big splash!

st7X5XJ.jpg

Mark getting the shot.

We did the Gerstlauer spinny thing, where Mark and I went for a full cycle of full spinning. I think Mark ended up in the top 5 of the day, but I was a few spins short. Pretty intense though. Always funny to see people who have no idea how to work these marvelling at the riders flipping like crazy.

They have an alpine slide here, so we headed towards that, only to find it closed to due to the rain (wimps), such a let-down – this would have been the highlight of the day. We walked up to the top of the hill for the lookout tower anyway, as it does give some good views.

0mk9nwC.jpg

Spiteful.

Iom5Pmp.jpg

Good views.

Final section of the park had a lot of those semi-self-operated/self-powered rides. The cycle monorail thing first, then the water jump thing, then the tea-tray ride last. Water was a bit gross, but good fun all the way. Final pictures of the trip report are Mark enjoying the water jump thing.

cyjqxHF.jpg

UtSXLO2.jpg

Duinrell: This was a vast improvement on Drievliet from the morning. The park is big, with lots and lots of stuff to do, a lot of it isn’t theme park stuff though. It’s a huge resort, with loads of cycle paths, a sizable water park, tons of caravan/campsite areas and the theme park. I can see why this place is a popular family getaway destination. As a theme park, it’s not bad. Pleasant, green (and brown), with a nice little charm to it.

We made our way out of the park and back to Schiphol, where we dropped of the car and chilled out for a few hours before our flights. Turned out to be a good plan, as the rain became stronger and stronger into the late afternoon, so there wouldn’t have been much open at the parks anyway.

And that was that! I’ll do one of those summary posts next, I like doing those to close these things out. If you’ve made it this far, thanks!

Summary

Let’s start with the stats.

New creds: 70
Total creds: 137
New parks: 15

Milestones:
600th coaster – Goliath, Walibi Holland
125th park – Great Escape (not really a milestone, but there you go)

Best Park: Tie here between Cedar Point and Efteling. Cedar Point is by far the better park, but Efteling is a nicer place to be. Probably going to give it to Cedar Point though, in part due to its relative remoteness to me. That always adds something.

Best Cred: Steel Vengeance. No need to even consider anything else.

As for the route(s):

Green = Airport, Blue = Nights, Red = Parks/Activities

That’s it for 2018 now, 2019 next. Thanks for coming along for all the drivel. Hopefully some of the pictures made it worthwhile.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Summary

Let’s start with the stats.

New creds: 70
Total creds: 137
New parks: 15

Milestones:
600th coaster – Goliath, Walibi Holland.
125th park – Great Escape (not really a milestone, but there you go).

Best Park: Tie here between Cedar Point and Efteling. Cedar Point is by far the better park, but Efteling is a nicer place to be. Probably going to give it to Cedar Point though, in part due to its relative remoteness to me. That always adds something.

Best Cred: Steel Vengeance. No need to even consider anything else.

As for the route(s):

Canada-USA bit
cnRQZol.jpg

Netherlands bit
pYcreO7.jpg

Denser colours represent overlap, so two nights, for example. Doesn’t quite work at Schiphol where the green covers the blue of the hotel, but there we are.

That’s it for 2018 now, 2019 next. For those of you that joined me on various bits of this – thanks for making it awesome! For those that have read through all the drivel – thanks for sticking with it! Hopefully some of the pictures made it worthwhile.

Until next time.