What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

jayjay

Giga Poster
Not as straightforward, but press the image, tap "open image in new tab" and copy the url of said new tab.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
BPB have posted this video onto Facebook of recent Construction. The station foundations are coming along nicely!

This is the same video but taken from YouTube by Theme Park Incorporated:-

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Another video, this time from yesterday, with the station foundations completed and other construction occuring. :)

Video by Blackpool Pleasure Beach:-

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm getting confused - isn't that meant to be the storage shed, too? Just like Alpina Blitz?

Alpina Blitz does have a fair amount of queue/bag exchange area in the building as well. You'd imagine Blackpool would lump the whole lot in one building like the Big One and Avalanche, but it almost looks too small to put everything on that footprint. And won't this have 3 trains?

That said, the trains aren't very long, and they managed it with the other rides I mentioned by stacking the maintenance areas in line/below the station.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have another video taken recently by Pleasure Beach Experience, who were kindly invited in to film construction around the park. Lots of work has also taken place around the skyforce area for the support foooters. :)

Here is the video:-

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here is another interview based on C2018 featuring the park's technical director. P.S: We can through VR out of the equation.

Video by Pleasure Beach Experience. :)

Scott88

Hyper Poster
VR was never a likely thing for this coaster anyway otherwise they wouldn't have put in so many 'near misses', pretty sure that was obvious from the start.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I'm about to have a dig at Merlin here, but isn't it lovely for a UK park to be so open about a major coaster construction process? None of those awful photos taken from vantage points afar (I remember scrambling through the trees at Thorpe to get a grainy, zoomed in pic of Swarm being built) and everything is there for us to see. It really is like watching something beautiful grow. Sure, too many construction updates can be dull because there's very little difference, but I can pop into this topic every now and then (or check thier social media) and know exactly what's going on.

We're witnessing history. #melodramatic

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It's amazing seeing the scale of the site in person! You get some amazing views of the whole site on The Big One and Burger King.

Last edited:

Temleh

Mega Poster
Update from today (25/02/17):

Wide shot of the area:
2AMJ3kn.jpg

Almost all the footers around Steeplechase's area are complete:
yRTevCT.jpg

5UB3gSw.jpg

mBrkaUh.jpg

PYvZ36N.jpg

A new mysterious yellow line has appeared...
TbYe93v.jpg

The new water/air (I'm not sure which yet) pumping station:
fFaxhnH.jpg

And in my opinion the most exciting picture, nearly all the tunnel reinforcement walls are in meaning we will see all of this earth excavated soon:
xS4YkY9.jpg

That's all for now...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Do we know what's going under the ride yet? Like, are they putting it over water, are they gonna tart it up a bit?