Here’s a comprehensive list of every current roller coaster world record. Roller coasters are great objects for setting records. Be it height, length, or speed, new roller coaster records are set on a regular basis.
SPEED is determined by the top speed a coaster hits at any point of its circuit, however a coaster usually hits the top speed at the bottom of a drop or from a launch system, such as LIM, LSM or Hydraulic.
Some parks boost their coasters HEIGHT by using “sea level” as the base measurement. The height records here are measured from ground level to the highest part of the track.
The LENGTH of a coaster is the total length of one complete coaster circuit.
Metric values have been calculated from the widely used Imperial units. They are given to one decimal place.
North American Records
Other Roller Coaster & Theme Park Records
- Oldest Operating Coaster: Leap The Dips at Lakemont Park, PA, USA Opened in 1902
- Most expensive roller coaster: Expedition Everest at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom, FL, USA $100,000,000
- Roller coaster with the most inversions: The Smiler at Alton Towers, UK 14 inversions
- Highest inversion on a coaster: The dive drop on Gatekeeper at Cedar Point, OH, USA 170 ft (51.8 m)
- Steepest angle on a coaster: TMNT Shellraiser, Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, NJ, USA 121.5°
- Coaster with tallest vertical loop: Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain, CA, USA 160 ft (49 m)
- Fastest acceleration on a coaster: Dodonpa at Fuji-Q Highland, Japan 0-106.9 mph (172 km/h) in 1.8 seconds
- Coaster With The Most Airtime: The Voyage at Holiday World, IN, USA 24.3 seconds
- Longest coaster tunnel: Hades 360 at Mt. Olympus, WN, USA 800 ft (243.8 m)
- Park With The Most Coasters: Six Flags Magic Mountain, CA, USA 19 coasters
- Oldest Operating Theme Park: Bakken in Copenhagen, Denmark Opened in 1583
- Most Visited Theme Park: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom, FL, USA 20,492,000 (2015)
- Most expensive attraction: Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure, CA, USA $200,000,000
- Tallest StarFlyer: New England SkyScreamer at Six Flags New England, MA, USA 409 ft (125 m)
- Tallest Drop Tower: Zumanjaro Drop of Doom at Six Flags Great Adventure, NJ, USA 415 ft (126 m)
- Longest Coaster Marathon: Richard Rodriguez (USA) on The Big One & Big Dipper, Pleasure Beach Blackpool, UK in August 2007 401 hours
- Most Consecutive Days Riding a Rollercoaster: Richard Rodriguez (USA) on The Big One at Pleasure Beach Blackpool, UK May-September 2012 112 days
- Most Coasters Ridden In 24 Hours: P. Guamo, A. Spivak, J. Kirwood, A. Monroe Rye (All USA), 9th Aug 2001. Ten parks in four states, using a helicopter 74 coasters
- Highest Average Age On A Coaster: 32 riders on Big Dipper, Pleasure Beach Blackpool, UK 75.25 years
- Longest Ride on Bumper Cars: Laura Byng, Adventure Island, UK 25 hours