What's new

YouTube Pet Peeves

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
On occasions when I'm on youtube to look at a POV for a roller coaster (Mostly on CoasterForce's channel) there is always that one person that says "this ride is exactly like that ride" when in all actuality it is nothing like it.

For example, I was watching a POV of Scream at SFMM, and a person in the comments said that it was exactly like Raging Bull...like really? Are people that clueless/stupid? This annoys me like no other!

Anyways, feel free to share any of your YouTube pet peeves! :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As far as POVs go, I like to look for those that give the most natural experience. That is after all why you are watching the video.

Anything that detracts is usually annoying and makes me simply click over to another video.

Ethan

Strata Poster
... When people spin the camera and point it at their ugly faces. I hate that, even if they are good looking.

Nic

Strata Poster
"This is crap compared to [far inferior coaster] at [clearly their pet park]"
or
"You should go and ride [crap coaster] at [fanboy park] because it's awesome!"

tribar

Mega Poster
If it's not a mounted camera i ususally lose interest (Although CF is by far the best at filming with out them by far)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I really dislike mounted cameras actually. I find that with a "loose" camera, you get a much better idea of the forces of the coaster. It still has to be "tight", but just enough give so that you get an idea of what it's really like.

bmac

Giga Poster
I tend to ignore the comments because most of them just make my head hurt. I also don't like it when people have to baby sit you through the entire ride , it just ruins everything about the ride.

[No discussions of other websites please. -Snoo]

Snoo

The Legend
I've edited a few posts.. guys.. we don't talk about other websites and their material. Feel free to discuss what you don't like.. but throwing out names/specific examples isn't acceptable. That's the first and last warning. ;)

bmac

Giga Poster
Alrighty, I hate personal tours through the coaster.

I also don't like it when there's one person that has to post everything about the ride like they know everything about it. On the other hand I love it when they're totally wrong about the stuff.