Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Chessington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alton Towers

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Why is Thorpe winning when Legoland is in the list?
Personally, I think Thorpe Park is fantastic. It has everything an enthusiast needs all in one place. Where else in the UK will you find a good S&S Screeming Swing?

Legoland is utter bollox! The theming is great in parts but the rides, ergh, the worst selection of kiddies rides around! It's just a cheap knockoff of a foreign park, just a mediocre version of Legoland in Germany which does look very good!

And oh my gosh, I AM NOT PAYING £6.80 FOR A BURGER AND CHIPS WITHOUT A DRINK!
With a drink it comes to over a tenna! You can **** right off for a laugh!

Legoland, although nice atmosphere, gets real old, real soon and they try to squeeze as much money out of you as possible.

(btw, why doesn't this expand out to the European Merlin parks?)

Rush

Giga Poster
^I totally agree with SC. I mean it's supposedly well themed but having seen the new additions, they look very dumped on concrete.

Personally I don't find Thorpe that bad. I've enjoyed every trip bar one which I've been to and as SC said, the others don't have Rush. :p The only real problem with it is its poor maintenance. Having chavs is not Thorpe's fault in my opinion and I've seen a similar number in Chessie and other parks.

Chessie is nice but it doesn't have a lot, and I think it is slowly starting to slip. However Fury really does love it!

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I think Thorpe is a great park, I don't understand why everyone bashes it. It's got a great atmosphere, Not every park can be like Alton Towers in the middle of the countryside.

Crap food

There is nothing wrong with the food, What's so crap about Pizza Hut or Burger King food?

full of chavs

Well don't all UK parks have them there? I don't understand how the people visiting should affect your day. And how is it the park's fault who visits? I've noticed more chavs at most of the other UK parks than at Thorpe.

Legoland looks really bad, So that's the worst in my opinion.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Legoland is definitely the worst. I don't really mind Thorpe that much tbh. It has some pretty good flat rides there which alot of parks in the UK don't have.

danielmopgs

Roller Poster
Legoland Windsor. It's great for children but for the whole family it's the only park that doesn't offer something for everyone - that being thrilling rides.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Is this just a poll, to see how many people spite Thorpe Park? Clearly looks like that to me!

Anyway, Legoland, because it is **** and everytime I have been it has ****ing rianed!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Legoland.

On my one and only trip,the whole Castle area was closed off,so didn't even bag a credit.

Although Thorpes a very close second,mainly for it's atrocious food.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Even though Legoland has nothing for us, the enthusiasts, it is stunning. The level of detail that seems to run throughout the park is great. It's just a shame they ruined the Jungle Coaster.

Thorpe is a chav infested, dump. It does have some good rides, but the atmosphere seems to ruin it for me.

I haven't been to Chessington yet though...

spicy

Giga Poster
Legoland, I don't visit as much as the others but attraction wise it just doesn't keep up with the others in my opinion.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Chessington. I don't dislike it at all. It has charm but not enough to keep me entertained. Best ride there is Black Bucawhateverthe****itscalled. And quite frankly £30 for a swing boat isn't well spent. I enjoyed going for a laugh with some CFers and it was great but I would choose Alton or Thorpe anyday.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Legoland is the worst in my opinion. The majority of the rides have low capacity and all I remember doing at legoland is moving really slowly in queue's all day. The prices of food and drink were rediculous aswell.

peep

CF Legend
^^Oh, we have a silly peep in our midst. Chessie is one of the best UK parks (just slightly beaten by Alton), it has a great selection of attractions for everyone, yeah it could do with a bit more but its probably the only park in the UK which mixes theme park/zoo/sea life centre all in one really well. I've probably visited this park more than 100 times and I still look forward to going back, the atmosphere is always good no matter what the weather is like and although the rides aren't the most thrilling out there they are fun and still very enjoyable.

I agree Thorpe isn't great but I still find myself going back, it does have some good rides (Inferno, Rush).

Legoland on the other hand is a complete dump and I so hope Merlin don't bring their silly prices to the other parks. As pointed out earlier it can cost up to and over £10 just for a small crappy meal that tastes worse than the backside of a donkey (Chessie you can have a nice meal in the Greedy Goblin pub which only comes to about £5). The attractions at the park are terrible and the theming is mediocre (ok, the castle is quite good, but thats it). It has a really cripe atmosphere, no-one really seemed to enjoy themselves there. So yeah, I went for Legoland as the worst.

Ben

CF Legend
Chessington is just simply dull. They have crappy rides that aren't even fun, pretty mediocre theming and then what... some fish and some snakes? Yay...

At least Thorpe has good rides. It's a hole, but Slammer, Det and Inferno are great.

Legoland, meh. More fun then Chessington.