What's new

Your top 5/10 Schwarzkopfs (yes!)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Yes, I went there.
So, I guess you could call me a traditional ride and coaster fan, which of course make me "one of those" Schwarzkopf fans. I like getting creds with history ok! I have only ridden 3 of them though so maybe I am wrong (who knows??). After discussing the lovely upgrades that Revolution (sfmm) is getting (and showing my nerdism for nostalgia despite not having actually ridden the coaster) I decided to find out which ones you better travelled coaster fans think are the best. Most often people just talk about Olympia Looping, Alpina Bahn and Mindbender etc so I am interested to see what your rankings are like after those obvious choices (if you've been lucky enough to have ridden them that is :wink: ).

So, what's your ranking?

Mine goes something like this:

1. Scorpion (probably pretty obvious, if you get the reference)
2. Black Hole (<3)
3. Enigma (Which honestly wasn't that good)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Off the top of my head and possibly forgetting something:

1. Magnum Force
2. Bullet
3. Any other shuttle loop
4. Lisebergbanan
5. Any "Looping Star" type.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I haven't ridden many, but my favorites are, in no particular order:

-Whizzer
-Sooperdooperlooper

Wait, that's it? I seriously need to travel more...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
1 Mind Bender Six Flags Over Georgia
2 Lisebergbanan Liseberg
3 Shockwave Six Flags Over Texas
4 Revolution Six Flags Magic Mountain
5 Whizzer Six Flags Great America

Gotta get myself up to Mindbender at Galaxyland :(

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Could have sworn that we've had this before, but can't be bothered to look that far back. Schwarzkopf <3
239774d1382459546-bildschirmfoto-2013-10-22-um-18.31.04.png

header_img_01.jpg

OlympiaLoopingCrange2009.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

AlpinaBahnCrange2008.jpg

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm kind of basic in that department...

1. SooperDooperLooper <3
2. Scorpion
3. Montezooma's Revenge
4. Mindbender (SFOG)

TilenB

Strata Poster
'Luckily' I did that German/Dutch trip last year (especially the last day with 4 new Schwarzkopfs), so I can at least make a respectable top 5 out of the ones I've done;

1. Olympia Looping
2. Alpina Bahn
3. Thunder Loop
4. Teststrecke
5. Scorpion

I have to add that the ones ranked between 2 and 4 are quite close to one another.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I haven't got any of the sexy travelling ones but here's my list so far;

1 - Jetline (Grona Lund)
2 - Lisebergbanan (Liseberg)
3 - Black Hole (Alton)
4 - Scorpion (BGT)
5 - Sooperdooperlooper (Hershey)
6 - Shock Wave (SFOT)
7 - Enigma (Pleasurewood Hills)

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm not a "fan", but I really appreciate their rides! The Schwarzkopf name is generally a guarantee for a smooth ride, their old school layouts also feels "uncalculated" in contradiction to todays modern rides: i.e. they have a lot of unpredictable laterals, spikes of high g's and surpricing moments of airtime :)

Top 5:
1) Any Looping Star
2) Jetline - Gröna Lund
3) Lisebergbanan - Liseberg
4) Nessie - Hansa Park
5) Montezooma - Knott's Berry Farm

Alpina Bahn looks fab; really wanne ride that coaster some day!!

Lofty

CF Legend
I've only rode 5, and they're all a bit ****, but in order:

1) Magnum Force.
2) The Bullet.
3) Knightmare.
4) Scorpion.
5) Enigma.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Only ridden 2:

1. Knightmare
2. Enigma

Would like to get more ridden though, especially the German travelling ones.

ignace

Mega Poster
1) Olympia Looping
2) Psyké Underground
3) Any Looping Star (did 2, Bobbejaanland and Slagharen)
4) Lisebergbanan
5) Jetline
6) Alpina Bahn
7) Nessie Superrollercoaster
8) Raptor Attack
9) Jet
10) Enigma

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Let's see:

1. Mind Bender (SFOG)
2. Sooperdooperlooper
3. Revolution (SFMM)
4. Lazer (Dorney)
5. Silver Bullet (Frontier City)

ThomVD

Giga Poster
1. Lisebergbanan
Such a simple but fun coaster, terrain hugging layout, great length, good forces, interaction. It's a brilliant coaster, especially at night.

2. Jetline
This is one of the coasters that I have the most fun on with friends. Like Lisebergbanan, it's so simple so there is nothing to distract you from having pure fun and laughs. Good forces as well and the fact that it's so crammed in and the beautiful location really enhance the ride.

3. Olympia Looping
I was slightly underwhelmed by it. The first half was good and very forceful, but the later loopings just lacked the power and the restraints tightened a lot. Impressive for a traveling coaster but pretty average when it comes to coasters in general.

4. Psyké Underground
As long as it lasted it was fun and disorienting, but it's extremely short and nothing amazing either.

5. Alpina Bahn
Dull.

Only the top 2 are particularly good.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
1: Lisebergbanan - Liseberg
2: Shuttle Loop - Nagashima Spa Land
3: Looping Star - Nagashima Spa Land
4: Scorpion - Busch Gardens
5: Brontojet - Movieland
6: Raptor Attack - Liightwater Valley
7: Enigma - Pleasurewxod Hills

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Well thank you Jerry, I wouldn't have thought to include the big German travelling beauties! I am a fan of Schwarzkopfs, I haven't ridden a great amount but they're always way better, much smoother, often more forceful than I expect before riding them, they're fab <3

1. Olympia Looping, German travelling
2. Teststrecke, German travelling
3. Alpina Bahn, German travelling
4. Scorpion, Busch Gardens Tampa
5. Looping Star, Nagashima Spaland
6. Shuttle Loop, Nagashima Spaland
7. Achterbahn, Skyline Park
8. Enigma, Pleasurewood Hills

I thought I'd list them all, I'm surprised I've ridden as many as that!

S

SimonSays99

1. Thriller
2. Olympia-Looping
3. Dreier-Looping
4. Jetline
5. Lisebergbanen
6. Montezooma's Revenge
7. Double-Loop
8. Jet Star
9. Nessie
10. Wildcat No.1 (RockinRollerCoaster) - 50+ years old prototype and still rolling the German funfairs!!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I kind of like a lot of these, but I'm not a mad fan. I find them often really good fun, but never anything outstanding... Though for the age of them, they were actually awesome.

1. Lisebergbanan - Actually really like this. It's superb fun and has some great high G sections. Those brakes though...
2. Bullet - I enjoy shuttle loopers and this one was really good. Just did it for me.
3. Enigma - Not great, but it fits my definition of "enjoyable ride for what it is". So I would rank it a bit higher than normal.
4. Magnum Force - I may have been in a bad mood when I rode it, but I didn't find it spectacular beyond the really great loops. Was essentially Knightmare with loops.
5. Thunder Looper. Not as good as people pretend :p
6. Knightmare - was full of meh for me, but some good bits too. I think I may have been disappointed as I was expecting a kind of mini-Lisebergbanan.
7. Sooper-dooper-looper. +1
8. Looping Star - rough as buggery.
9. The Beast - Meh, but better than Air.
10. Black Hole - it was ****

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
furie said:
I kind of like a lot of these, but I'm not a mad fan. I find them often really good fun, but never anything outstanding... Though for the age of them, they were actually awesome.

1. Lisebergbanan - Actually really like this. It's superb fun and has some great high G sections. Those brakes though...
2. Bullet - I enjoy shuttle loopers and this one was really good. Just did it for me.
3. Enigma - Not great, but it fits my definition of "enjoyable ride for what it is". So I would rank it a bit higher than normal.
4. Magnum Force - I may have been in a bad mood when I rode it, but I didn't find it spectacular beyond the really great loops. Was essentially Knightmare with loops.
5. Thunder Looper. Not as good as people pretend :p
6. Knightmare - was full of meh for me, but some good bits too. I think I may have been disappointed as I was expecting a kind of mini-Lisebergbanan.
7. Sooper-dooper-looper. +1
8. Looping Star - rough as buggery.
9. The Beast - Meh, but better than Air.
10. Black Hole - it was ****

Went against the grain with Enigma there compared to everyone else! I was positively underwhelmed by it. I was expecting it to be like a looping star without the loop but it was quite rough. Also surprised about Knightmare tbh, everyone talked about how rubbish it was when Camelot closed that I imagined that it would be everyone's worst! I think Black Hole was improved by being in the dark. I was surprised to see the layout looked so tame when I saw photos of those models in the open the first time. The Beast would have been a decent-ish comparison point but I never got on it.