What's new

Your top 5/10 Schwarzkopfs (yes!)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Enigma is just a stupid little family coaster and it does it really well IMO. Sometimes I have a soft spot for rides that just kind of do things right - even if they're not great in the grand scheme of things.

I put Black Hole at the bottom just because everyone raves about it, but it was rough and had very little in the way of any decent g's or airtime. People rate it higher because it was in the dark. Ride Enigma with your eyes closed and you'll be there ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
furie said:
I put Black Hole at the bottom just because everyone raves about it, but it was rough and had very little in the way of any decent g's or airtime. People rate it higher because it was in the dark. Ride Enigma with your eyes closed and you'll be sliced in half by the brakes ;)
Much better.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
furie said:
Enigma is just a stupid little family coaster and it does it really well IMO. Sometimes I have a soft spot for rides that just kind of do things right - even if they're not great in the grand scheme of things.

I put Black Hole at the bottom just because everyone raves about it, but it was rough and had very little in the way of any decent g's or airtime. People rate it higher because it was in the dark. Ride Enigma with your eyes closed and you'll be there ;)

Ha, will have to try it next time. You're certainly not wrong that it's a good family coaster, I think the problem is when you compare it to the large coasters.

All hail black hole! :p Even if it wasn't as good as we remember it's nice to think of it that way haha.

Ben

CF Legend
1. Olympia Looping, obviously.
2. Lisebergbanana, fab
3. Alpina Bahn - surprisingly wonderful!
4. Knightmare - guess it was alright
5. Montezooma's Revenge - this list is getting desperate

Pierre

Strata Poster
Growing up near Flamingo Land, Schwarzkopf coasters were my first real 'biggies' and I absolutely love the Bullet.

I class Schwarzkopf as the classic coaster really, even on RCT the Schwarzkopf is the generic 'steel looping coaster' or something so there's something about them that just feels amazing. A proper coaster.

Anyways I loved Magnum Force too but Bullet packed a punch in a short space of time, as well as a very short land area too. Lucky Mexicans.

I went on one in Germany, can't remember what it was. I'll look...

Nessie super rollercoaster. Wasn't great.

S

SimonSays99

Nessie super rollercoaster. Wasn't great.

Then we agree that we disagree :wink:

Today it's nothing special but back in the days the only competition were Arrow/Vekoma loopers - and the those were bad in comparison. Nessie had no OTSR, runs smooth as glass even after 30+ years and some nice pops of air in the back.

Today I mostly like it because the lines are mostly very short even on very busy park days. And Hansa-Park does great work in keeping all three original trains rolling.

And most important: You cannot go wrong by getting eaten by a Sea Serpent before getting blinded by strobe lights and hear the deafening sounds of all that classic Schwarzkopf mechanics inside the enclosed break run :p

Okay - I am also a Schwarzkopf fanboy :oops: