Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Launch is boring, the rest is good

• Stealth Sucks

• Total voters

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Yeah, i'd like to see the Previer get up to 80mph in 2.3 seconds...

And Ka is no where near twice the speed of Stealth...

Sam

Giga Poster
Yes, but the amazing acceleration rate is one of the key aspects of the ride.

And secondly, yes Dragster's speed blew me away too compared to Stealth (well, any ride for that matter) but saying that Ka's 128mph is nearly double Stealth's 80 is not a fare comparison.

spicy

Giga Poster
Mike wrote:
I just can't help and think that:
a) I went faster in my car when going to Thorpe, which is a Toyota Previer!

b) Kingda Ka is double the height of the ride and almost double as fast as Stealth.

See this is silly, I think Stealths a much better ride if you take it for what it is and not what it could of been.
Theres no point saying, oh KK is bigger and better, my car can go 100MPH this can only go 80MPH. Thats just stupid.

Your car may be able to go faster than 80MPH, but no where near the acceleration rate, plus you will not be going from standing still to 80 you will have a windscreen in front of you and unless you have a flying car I doubt you will be going vertically up 200ft.

Thinking about KK while riding Stealth is going to make the ride seem crap. I don't go on Oblivion thinking of Sheikra, go on DF or Spinball thinking about Tarantula, the list goes on.......

So my views on Stealth, go on it with an open mind taking it for what it is and you will love it. I found it breathtaking and is my favourite ride in TP by a mile.

Mike

Giga Poster
Theres no point saying, oh KK is bigger and better, my car can go 100MPH this can only go 80MPH. Thats just stupid.

Well..what's not the point in saying it?
Kingda Ka IS bigger and it IS better, and the car that I go in DOES go faster than Stealth..So it's not stupid, it's fact.

Your car may be able to go faster than 80MPH, but no where near the acceleration rate

So that is maybe why I'm not a big fan of these launched coasters (apart from RnRC-what a great coaster :) ) Because I would prefer to go fast over a long distance, not on a ride that lasts more than 20 seconds.
I mean, sure the acceleration can be good, but to feel that force and that speed over a longer period of time must be better.

but saying that Ka's 128mph is nearly double Stealth's 80 is not a fare comparison.

Well, I may be wrong there (I'm not the best mathmatician in the world), but 40mph is still quite a large leap and surely you must be able to feel it going much, much faster when you are riding it.

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
spicy said:
Mike wrote:
So my views on Stealth, go on it with an open mind taking it for what it is and you will love it.

Couldn't you say this about any ride though?

Yeah you can and it's a great attitude to have. That's how I've gone to everything I've been on over the last few years and have enjoyed myself a lot more for it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's no option for my opinion :(

The launch does nothing for me really. It's a real buzz and gets the adrenaline going, and there are some good high G's as it goes into the vertical transition. Then it's a bit "oooh! Isn't it pretty up here", followed by my favourite bit! I love going down off the top-hat. It's just me, but I really enjoy that element of the ride (it's quite similar to the buzz I get off the first drop off PMBO).

So overall it's a real "buzz" of a ride. Sharp, intense and good fun, but nothing overly spectacular.

A

Anonymous

It only looks like 200'ft wen u look at the view from the top, but lets b honest u barely hav time 2 notice that, and the decent is far 2 quick, and as some1 mentioned earlier Oblivion's drop is better and the tension wen ur goin up the lifthill.

Havin said that Stealth probably just beats Oblivion 4 me, cause the force on the launch is gr8t and not so long that it causes uncomfort and the rise up and airtime hill r really gud.

It's not as gud as I thought it wud b but is still gud 4 a quick buzz! Personally though I cudnt c myself queing more than half and hour 4 this, even if my m8ts wanted to I'd just b like, "Sorry but no!", and than I wud go off and queue 4 NI or Colossus which r far more worth a long wait 4.

A

Anonymous

With Stealth the acceleration don't last as long as R'n'R but this is a gud thing, cause as much as R'n'R is way better than Stealth overall, I found the launch on R'n'R to long and uncomfortable on the body.4 the 1st 6 seconds on R'n'R I cud hardly breave and this made the 1st part of the ride 2 intense and unpleasant 4 me.

And whoever said their car is faster than Stealth is just talkin the obvious if their talkin bout the top speed, and it is a pointless comment.
Most road cars out there cud match TTD's top speed, but that dont mean the acceleration is as gud.

The average accelearation 4 a car on the market is bout 0-60 in 10 or 12 seconds. So I can't c ur car matchin Stealth from a standstill, if u want 2 know just how gud Stealth's acceleration is just get in a Bugatti Veron the world's fastest road car and watch urself get left behind, if only briefly this makes ur point bout ur car being quicker sound stupid.

And wen was the last time any1 pulled 4 or 5 G's in their car unless ur Fernando Alonso.

Sam

Giga Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Well, I may be wrong there (I'm not the best mathmatician in the world), but 40mph is still quite a large leap and surely you must be able to feel it going much, much faster when you are riding it.

You're not wrong at all - you're dead on. My ride on Ka felt 3-4 times faster than my ride on Xcelerator or Storm Runner. Xcelerator and Storm Runner are both awesome rides - Ka just felt faster.

Hell yeah, 40mph is faster. But 128 is not nearly double 80.

Gilly

Roller Poster
I did really enjoy Stealth once I finally got to ride it!The first time was a bit like woah... what's going on....Oh its over, but on the second ride I really took notice of what was actually happening and I enjoyed It alot more!
I wouldn't say stealth is amazing but it was a really good, enjoyable ride experience for me!
So yeah the closest option is Stealth is amazing!

A

Anonymous

Gilly said:
I did really enjoy Stealth once I finally got to ride it!The first time was a bit like woah... what's going on....Oh its over, but on the second ride I really took notice of what was actually happening and I enjoyed It alot more!
I wouldn't say stealth is amazing but it was a really good, enjoyable ride experience for me!
So yeah the closest option is Stealth is amazing!
my opion on stealth is that is is really good and i think that it is the best ride in thorpe park and that i would go on it again

A

Anonymous

Stealth is an Excellent ride!

Everyone always goes on about it not being Kinda Ka!

It never could of been! They were lucky to get planning permission for 205ft!

We dont have any ride like it in the UK, so we should be greatful we've got it!

I think its great!

kir

Hyper Poster
LOL @ UC taking over yet another Stealth topic..

Whoever said "go on Stealth taking it for what it is, and you'll love it", that's a load of toss to be fair. I went on it expecting an 80mph launch and a 205ft ascend/descend with a little bunny hop crammed in the end... and I came off feeling cheated.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kir said:
Whoever said "go on Stealth taking it for what it is, and you'll love it", that's a load of toss to be fair. I went on it expecting an 80mph launch and a 205ft ascend/descend with a little bunny hop crammed in the end... and I came off feeling cheated.

PMSL Kir... Instead you got a **** ride, backwards, in the dark... Next time, try the other side of the park... You went on X:\ mate :lol:

Sorry, but what you expected is what you got... Just because 80mph, 205ft and a little bunny hop don't live up to your expectations of what they'd feel like :p

kir

Hyper Poster
Funny you say that Phil...

...I may only publically announce this once, so hear it people.

I prefer X:\ No Way Out to Stealth.

A

Anonymous

I like Stealth, The Launch and climb is fast and forceful, great airtime on top hat, drop (strangely!) and bunny hill.

Very good, Very Fast, Very Forceful!

But Short, be better if they put in a really big loop! lol =)

I wouldn't q more than 90 mins for it though! 8/10

Tussauds have done good

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Like Ben I have only done it twice....I will reserve judgement until next weekend....for now it would be 'nice launch, shame about the rest'

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Great launch, plenty of floating airtime on the top hat (not ejector air). A lot of smoke on the station (and in the q-line :) ) and not as intense breake run as I thought it could be but still intense in a way.