What's new

Your Plans For 2012

Bentleya

Mega Poster
With 2012 just round the corner i'm starting to plan out the parks i would like to get next year. After a fairly busy 2011 i have caught the coaster bug, successfully gaining 18 Creds from;

• Thorpe Park - 3 Visits
  • Alton Towers - 2 Visits
  • Southend Adventure Island - 2 Visits
  • Chessington - 1 Vist

So far my plans for 2012 are as follows;

February 2012 - Adventure Island Southend, being my local park at a meh 15 miles Southend will start my year. I need to get 2 Creds here still (Brainstormer and Kiddi Koaster) due to being closed on both visits of this year. Hopefully Time Machine will be open to!

March 2012 - Thorpe Park, been following The Swarms progress and seeing some constuction on my last visit in October, i am very excited about this coaster. After seeing good reviews and watching multiple POV's of Raptor i'm hopeing Thorpe can pull this off.

April 2012 - Drayton Manor, will be my first visit to the park which should add 5 new creds to my list. Looking forward to Shockwave which will be my first Standup and Ben 10 which will be my first new Vekoma coaster.

May 2012 - North Europe parks, i've just started planning this but i would like to include Europa for Blue Fire and they new Woodie. Will be driving from England so will be planning over the coming weeks for this.

Thats my plans so for, for 2012. But what are your plans?

mouse

Giga Poster
Not sure when, but I am hoping to do...

Thorpe - For swarm, and I need to do stealth and Collosus (Long story).
Alton - Haven't done 13 yet.
Asterix - New invert, and Zues <3.
PBB - At the live

And probably a few unplanned trips to some smaller parks. :)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
My plan for 2012 is quite simple.

Thorpe - Loads of visits.
Chessie - A few visits.
LEGOLAND - One or two visits.
Alton - One or two visits.

Simples! :D

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Sounds good Rich :), I'm happy for this thread to be merged with the other thread if a mod is so willing to do so.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
PortAventura for Shambhala.

Then I am doing Walibi World, Bobbejaanland, Plopsaland, Bagatelle (</3 but I need the creds) Astérix (B&M invert <3), Holiday Park and Europa Park (Wudan <3<3).

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'm being a bit more adventurious for 2012!

Thorpe (obv)
Magic Mountain x2 - Probally meet up with other Thorpies here.
Knotts Berry Farm
Cedar Point x3
Universal Hollywood
Disney's California Adventure/ DisneyLand x3
Sea World San D. for Manta.
Probally Alton...

That will do me fine!

Colossus

Giga Poster
Europe is my theme for 2012.
Park Asterix.
Euro Disney.
Heide Park.
Europa Park.
Phantasialand.
Walibi Holland.
Toverland.
Efteling.
Possibly Holiday Park?

UK wise, Oakwood, Thorpe and hopefully Blackpool.

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
PortAventura for Shambhala.

With me <3

You also forgot Tibi, cause, want my Vekoma cred <3

And that park that you SPITED me by not taking me to last time, that's near Girona.

That's all I have planned so far.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
At least 5 trips to SFMM, 2 to KBF and possibly one to Seaworld SD to ride Manta, And a trip to Disneyland with my school orchestra/band in addition to going to the TPR West Coast Bash and maybe Bay Area Bash. All the SoCal stuff, and maybe a trip to SFOG and Carowinds.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I have a holiday to Cologne booked for Phantasia Land and a drive up to Toverland. I also want to do PBB and Camelot with a quick trip up north as I've not ridden some of the coasters up there. aaand, I'm sure at some point early in the year I'll pop along to Thorpe for Swarm.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not really sure at the moment. The only definite plan is Jordan, but that's not really a coaster trip; we'll grab whatever creds are around, but there's not a lot there.

I still need to get to Europa, so next year might be the time to finally get there. I'm actually glad I put it off this year now that the new woodie is happening.

I might try and get to Stockholm/Gronalund at some point.

Asterix? Not too sure at the moment. I'm half-thinking about going to Paris for a few days to see friends, so if that happens, I'll make an effort to get to the park.

I was going to go to Egypt before Christmas this year, but put it off because of the **** going down there at the moment. I'm thinking of doing that at Easter instead.

I want to do a bit of an Eastern Europe trip, probably in the summer, so I'll get a few parks done if that happens.

As far as the UK, I'll likely try to get to Thorpe for Swarm. I might put off Alton for another year and just wait and see if there's a new coaster for '13. There are still a few smaller parks close to me (Camelot, Gullivers) that I should get around to at some point, but I'll see how I feel.

So yeah, plenty of "ideas", but no definite plans at the moment, which is pretty much how things work out every year.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'd like to do a big america tour, south korea, and holland/belgium areas, as well as the woodie in europa, swarm at thorpe etc etc....

anyone care to lend me a few grand?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
gavin said:
I'm not really sure at the moment. The only definite plan is Jordan, but that's not really a coaster trip; we'll grab whatever creds are around, but there's not a lot there.

I've often been astounded by the lack of "I want to do Jordan" posts on CF...

nadroJ

CF Legend
^I was waiting for something along those lines XD

For me, everything is a bit up in the air because I'll be leaving uni this year, so until I know what the hell I'm going to do with my life I can't make any definite plans.

That said, I want to do Asterix and Europa, and I've always said that 2012 will be my USA trip (North East and California). So yeah, I have the money, now it's all about finding the right time to go.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Definitely going to Port Aventura which I'm looking forward to. I also hope to get to Thorpe for Swarm and need to go to Drayton to ride Ben 10. Not entirely sure what else will happen, but I'm hoping to get some other parks in!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Since I am graduating in May, first priority is getting a job, and then after that, I will see what happens. Hopefully I can get a job remotely near a new/decent park, but it isn't one of the necessities in areas where I am looking. I am going to DLR on January 2 though, so they year will start off on a good note. I am still mulling over going to Europe, as my dad pulled the funding for my study abroad and I am considering either just getting a loan and doing it, or just going on a 2-3 week trip starting in London and ending in Germany, and hitting up historical sites and coaster sites. So it really is all up in the air as of now.

Possible parks:
SFMM
WoF
Thorpe
Asterix
Europa
Heide
Walibi World
Dollywood

Hopefully it works out I get to go overseas, it would be awesome.