What's new

Your "Perfect Coaster"?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
After hearing a lot of people's opinions about coasters, so I was wondering what your "Perfect Coaster" would be. Mine would be:

-The height and speed of Fury325
-The length of Steel Dragon 2000
-The intensity of Maverick or SkyRush
-The airtime of Phoenix(Knobels), Goliath(SFGAm), and Behemoth.
-The theming of Outlaw Run
-The amount of inversions as Corkscrew @ Cedar Point(I said amount, not types).
-The indimidation of Millennium Force in this picture:
ubepa5up.jpg

-Manufactured by B&M
-Seating like SkyRush

This sums up my dream ride. What's yours?

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Your

Helix is pretty much my dream coaster. It has everything I want. Maybe Helix with more powerful launches?

zips_6

Roller Poster

height of i305
speed of millennium force
airtime of el toro
theming of dueling dragons (when it was called that)
manufactuured by intamin
intensity of maverick

great coaster right there

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

For me I305 is a pretty perfect blend of airtime and intensity, but to make it completely perfect, taking out the trim wouldn't go a miss and maybe having lap bars, but I can understand why it has OTSR's.

Darren B

Giga Poster

The pacing of Outlaw Run, the incredible elements of Goliath (SFGAm) and the airtime/terrain layout of Boulder Dash.

Basically, the soon to be built Swedish RMC.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

The pace of Cedar Creek Mine Ride, the speed of Adventure Express, the number of lift hills on Dahlonega Mine Train, the drops of River King Mine Train, and the layout of Trailblazer! :wink:

BBH

Giga Poster

Darren B said:
The pacing of Outlaw Run, the incredible elements of Goliath (SFGAm) and the airtime/terrain layout of Boulder Dash.

Basically, the soon to be built Swedish RMC.
Ding ding ding ding ding.

steel

Mega Poster

It's tough because there are so many different kinds of things that I love on roller coasters, but I love them for different reasons, you know? Like I love Leviathan because it's fast and graceful, and I love Outlaw Run because it's ultra-intense, but I wouldn't want that level of intensity on a coaster as big as Leviathan, and anything "graceful" on a coaster like Outlaw Run would absolutely ruin the pacing.

Honestly there are a whole bunch of coasters I basically consider perfect at what they do:
Leviathan
Outlaw Run
Beast
Behemoth
Griffon
Prowler
Nemesis
etc

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

My perfect coaster would start with a large indoor section; featuring Saw's indoor drop, the fire effects of Revenge of The Mummy, a track drop a la Thi13teen into a Gerstlauer launch.

You launch out of the dark ride section through a tunnel with white lights and mist, into Anubis's top hat.

Then go into a large Zero-G the same height and length as Swarms (I find those large, stretched out Zero-G's so much more enjoyable)

A couple of air time hills like the ones at the end of Goliath at Walibi Holland, inter spliced between terrain hugging S-Bends like Cheetah Hunt's.

A final heart line roll into the station.

It would also have on board speakers and a magical soundtrack like Dwervelwind at Toverland.

The station would be a big haunted-looking castle, the whole thing would be themed around ghosts.

The exit would be a high quality maze like the one at the end of Fluch Von Novgorod.

gforce

Roller Poster

The first half of the coaster would be Blue Fire megacoaster, and the second half would be Helix.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If Beast was as critically good as it is fun at night, that would be pretty perf.

So, Ravine Flyer, but more drawn out, in the woods, two lifts that are slow and menacing.

It would have to have dud moments like Beast does to not be as overbearing as Voyage. But whilst most people laugh at Beast for its banked slow drop, I think it creates a weird suspense and really takes you away from the park setting for so long it's just great.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Radaxian said:
My perfect coaster would start with a large indoor section; featuring Saw's indoor drop, the fire effects of Revenge of The Mummy, a track drop a la Thi13teen into a Gerstlauer launch.

You launch out of the dark ride section through a tunnel with white lights and mist, into Anubis's top hat.

Then go into a large Zero-G the same height and length as Swarms (I find those large, stretched out Zero-G's so much more enjoyable)

A couple of air time hills like the ones at the end of Goliath at Walibi Holland, inter spliced between terrain hugging S-Bends like Cheetah Hunt's.

A final heart line roll into the station.

It would also have on board speakers and a magical soundtrack like Dwervelwind at Toverland.

The station would be a big haunted-looking castle, the whole thing would be themed around ghosts.

The exit would be a high quality maze like the one at the end of Fluch Von Novgorod.

That sounds pretty much perfect <3

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

Can I just have Boulderdash as is but with an extra 100 feet to the first drop and maybe a tunnel tossed in somewhere along the return run? (Buzzbar trains would be a plus as well)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

ThomVD said:
Helix is pretty much my dream coaster. It has everything I want. Maybe Helix with more powerful launches?
I think Helix is probably my new benchmark for the coaster that has nearly everything. It's not my all time favourite, but it's up there, and none of the coasters I rank above it can touch it for variety. For the ultimate in coaster perfection, I'd take much of what makes Helix great and then add a few of my favourite elements from elsewhere:
  • A couple more epic ejector airtime hills.
  • A more powerful launch. I love the kick you get from the better Intamin accelerators.
  • A drop or hill somewhere with some nice floaty airtime.
  • Possibly a little more intensity in places.
  • The final inversion done properly (ie. the way Blue Fire does its final barrel roll).
  • Theming to die for. It could be interesting to start and/or end the ride with a dark ride segment.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I preferred Helix by a long way. I've never been a huge fan of Maverick though to be fair.

Ben

CF Legend

I haven't been on Maverick, but, you'd love Helix Joey. I think it's very "you", if you get me? I can really see you really liking it.

For me, it does have the most variety of any coaster I've done - if the launches were better, it'd be a perfect steel like Mountain Flyer and BDash are perfect woodies.

My perfect coaster would have the start of Shambhala up until the MCBR, followed by Helix's first half from the first launch to the second <3

DelPiero

Strata Poster

MouseAT said:
I think Helix is probably my new benchmark for the coaster that has nearly everything. It's not my all time favourite, but it's up there, and none of the coasters I rank above it can touch it for variety. For the ultimate in coaster perfection, I'd take much of what makes Helix great and then add a few of my favourite elements from elsewhere:
  • A couple more epic ejector airtime hills.
  • A more powerful launch. I love the kick you get from the better Intamin accelerators.
  • A drop or hill somewhere with some nice floaty airtime.
  • Possibly a little more intensity in places.
    [*]The final inversion done properly (ie. the way Blue Fire does its final barrel roll).
  • Theming to die for. It could be interesting to start and/or end the ride with a dark ride segment.
Mouse has nailed it. The bolded is the one thing which is a negative for me as they have done the element perfectly before, the launches being stronger would be nice but evening rides would be too intense for most people.

Oh, and Helix is better than Maverick, stick the Mack trains on Mav and they would rival each other very closely but the current restraints are too uncomfortable for the intensity. The launch is better on Mav, and it's more intense, but it's not as enjoyable.