What's new

Your Park Itinerary 2011

nadroJ

CF Legend
Basically, what parks/trips have you got lined up for 2011?

Even if it's not for definite, where are you planning to go, where will you most likely end up and, if you want to, where would you love to go this year but don't really see yourself getting to?

The first main trip for me is going to be Italy, really really excited for this one!

I'm also planning a few credit runs, one along the south coast and one in the Cornwall/Devon area along with a camping trip (stay tuned, I'll post them when it's closer to the time).

I'd obviously love to do Holland too but, if you read my post in that topic, I'm a little confused as to what's going on with that one at the moment so I'm waiting for it to be made a little more clearer to me before I make a decision.

And, finally, for some reason I'm really looking forward to going to Chessington this year. Last year was a bit of a fail for me theme park wise and Chessington was the place I missed the most. Weird.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^That's because Chessie is awesome quite simply...

Right, for me...

Definites

Alton
Chessie
Flamingo
Blackpool
Fantasy Island
Paultons
Hansa Park
Heide Park
Rainbow Magicland
Mirabilandia
Gardaland

Maybes

Lightwater
Camelot
Europa Park
Movieland Studios

That is effectively my plan... I dunno if I can actually be arsed with Thorpe at all this year tbh, even if Woodstock needs the Colossus credit... :roll:

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
Well I hopefully have Alton on the 20th-21st for my birthday, then my next trip as of yet is Italy. But I want to get more UK parks done this year, Drayton Manor, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and LWV just to name a few, because I haven't done them yet. Well I have been to LWV but I only rode The Ultimate. Also might be doing PortAventura too this year again and maybe the Holland Live once everything is sorted :)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, I suspect I'll end up at Alton Towers at least once this season. Probably more than once if there's an Alton Live and/or if Jerry's going when I've got time off work.

I'll probably end up visitng Thorpe Park and Chessington for Ghosterforce. Maybe Legoland too, although that one is dependant on me getting cheap accomodation, and public transport being reasonable. We'll see. I doubt I'll bother with the London Merlin attractions at any other time this year.

Blackpool, Lightwater Valley and Flamingo Land are all possibles if there are CF Lives there or if Jerry and family visit during my summer time off.

I'd love to do the Italy Live, and there's a good chance I'll be fit enough to do that one, but that's all going to come down to what my neurologist says when I see him next month. If he's happy that I won't be putting myself at risk, then I'm in!

I'd like to visit some of the other UK parks that I've not got around to visiting yet. Oakwood is always on my list of parks that I'd like to do, but it's such a pain to get to and hence unlikely. Other than that, Paultons, Fantasy Island, Pleasure Island and Adventure Island are on my list of parks that I may visit at some point, although it'll only be one at a time, and I almost certainly won't get to visit all of them this year.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind putting in an appearence at Drayton Manor if they're adding a new coaster. Not purely for the credit, no :p

Rush

Giga Poster
It's looking to be a good year for me this year.

I know I'll be doing Alton at least once this year and will probably go to Thorpe and Chessie sometime in the year (GF maybe), so that would be the usuals.

I'm off to Florida at the end of July to the middle of August which will include the four Disney parks, Universal, Sea World and hopefully Busch Gardens, which I missed out on last time I went to Florida. (Lots of "creds" to get as well including all of Busch, Rock It, Manta, Expedition Everest and Shamu Express.)

I'm also planning on going somewhere in Europe for a few days at the start of September before uni. So far it'll either be to Spain for Port Aventura and Tibidabo or to Germany for Phantasialand, Holiday Park and Europa Park. (Plus a huge amount of German train credits. :p)

Also I'm hoping to get to Paultons if there's a live there coming up and hopefully to Oakwood as well. (Although I say that every year and never get round to it!)

So I'm in for a very good 2011 it seems. :)

marc

CF Legend
Going to be another quiet one.

Italy is 100% and that might be it apart from GF.

Going to try and make the lives just depends on money.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sigh... I think 2012 might be the year for me. I'll have three weeks of summer vacation this year, during which I plan to move to another city (a further six hundred kilometres away from the nearest park). Tusenfryd is a maybe this year, that's all.

(This post might be a double as my connection failed when I tried to submit. If so, delete)

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm actually very similiar to Rush in terms of trips this year.

For starters, Florida. Should be hitting all the Orlando parks and Busch as well. All new creds for me!

Then I'll be going to Europe during my long Summer holidays. Been saving up for a long while, hoping to get to Parc Asterix, Walibi, and others in that sort of area, possibly with an excursion through Germany.

Finally, UK parks. I'm hoping to make it to Alton this year for the first time in 6 years. Should become an easier trip to make towards the end of the year, when hopefully I'll be up in Sheffield at Uni! There'll also be many trips to Chessie, and possibly Thorpe.

Probably my busiest ever year for parks, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think 2011 will be a very quiet one for me (especially compared to last year!).

I'll definitely have one trip to Alton, hopefully more, but it depends how things go with the work. I'm also 90% that I'm going to be able to get to Flamingoland and Lightwater this year. Hopefully I can get a few more parks over that side of the country (Fantasy Island etc).

Thorpe and Chessington? Not sure. I'm probably going to wait and go to Thorpe in 2012 so I can get both Saw and the new ride in one trip. Try to save myself having to go more than once. Chessington will probably be done with Thorpe, so...

Not much for me this year then.

Rach

Giga Poster
2011 is shaping up to be quite a good year.

The usual parks will without a doubt happen with the notable exception of Chessington.
Alton and Thorpe will happen more than once and I'll end up going to Blackpool and Drayton once too.
I'll probably see what other UK Lives are happening and go from there. But I wouldn't say no to Oakwood, Flamingo or Lightwater.

Outside of this country, Italy is happening for sure.
Would love to do the Holland Live and the parks on that but will wait to see how it pans out first.

Also will be doing something in September which will either be Europa/Phatasia/Holiday Park or Port Aventura and Tibidiabo.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Last year was a bumper year for me, so I'm not sure about this year yet. My plan consists of a lot of parks I don't actually like, because Kyle hasn't been.

Fantasy Island, Oakwood, Paultons Park, Adventure Island are the main ones that I think are likley doable that Kyle hasn't done and I still havn't done Fantasy Island myself. And of course the usual Chessie, Thorpe and Alton will come in somewhere. I also didn't do Blackpool last year, so that's a must this year. Actually considering going twice to make up for lack of awesomepool.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm hoping that 2011 will be a good year for me.

Off to DLP next week, hopefully should be going to Plopsaland De Panne in May, and possibly either Walibi World and/or Parc Asterix before the year is out.

UK parks.... definately Fantasy Island/Bottons at some point, oh and Thorpe (its been 3 years now! Geez!). Maybe Chessington and Drayton. Nothing is really confirmed with UK parks, I just go when I feel like it really.

And should be ending the year at Hyde Park. So hopefually a lot of new coaster types for me!

Snoo

The Legend
Six Flags Great Adventure
Lake Compounce
Six Flags New England
Canobie Park
Quassy Amusement Park
Dorney Park
Knoebels
Cedar Point
Waldameer

MAYBE going to Texas.. we'll see.

Rainbow Magicland
Mirabilandia
Gardaland
Movieland
Cedar Point I'm sure
Might go back to a park or two while I'm in England, hopefully Alton but if not I wouldn't mind going back to Thorpe
Canada's Wonderland
Marineland (I still need the damn cred)
Maybe make a trip over to Martin's Fantasy Island
And possibly the parks on the American live.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll be going on the Holland Live, and will be heading out there a few days (at least) before that happens, so I'll probably do a couple of parks then, though I haven't looked into it at all really. At the moment I'm thinking Belgium/Holland, so I'll have a look at whatever parks are around there.

A few weeks after that, Jake and I are going to Finland, so we'll be heading to Linenmamkakiei and Sarkienemeneni or whatever the **** they're called.

Then in the summer it's Italy!

I haven't given any thought at all to UK parks. I could happily not bother with Thaltington or Blackpool at all this year. I still need to get to Lightwater and Fantasy Island, so I might make those a priority, but we'll see.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Parks already know I am going to are
Blackpool
Busch Gardens Tampa
Universal Ioa & Studions, Florida
Seaworld-Florida
Alton
M&Ds
Cypress Gardens/Legoland Florida

CMonster

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Six Flags Great Adventure
Lake Compounce
Six Flags New England
Canobie Park
Quassy Amusement Park
Dorney Park
Knoebels
Cedar Point
Waldameer

MAYBE going to Texas.. we'll see.

What? No Florida? And I got my BG pass just for you... :wink:

For me, it'll probably just be Busch Gardens and a Discovery Cove/Aquatica/SeaWorld trip, although Disney and Universal are possible as always.

I want to go to Lake Compounce, but that is looking very, very unlikely right now.