What's new

Your nearest coaster

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Using Coast2Coaster or Google Maps, can you work out what coaster is closest to where to you?

Mine is Cat-O-Pillar (née The Stinger) at Paultons Park, which is approximately 10mins west of where I live.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Gullivers MK is exactly 21.2 miles from me and Python would be the closest coaster as the crow flies.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Are we going by birds flight or the travel time to the coaster?

If I were counting Alpine coasters the nearest one is 37 km away. But I'm not.
If I were counting Butterflies, the nearest one is 96 km away. But I'm not.
So the nearest actual coaster to where I live (if I discount the ones that currently operate as a part of a fair) is 119 km in a little known Italian park Gulliverlandia (not yet on rcdb).

Do I win?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Wild Mine Ride at Gulliver's World

gulw_wmr.jpg

One of the few coasters that I have an ORP for.

PeteA

Roller Poster
The nearest coaster to me is the High Hazel Mini Mine Coaster at Wheelgate Park which is a mere 3.1 miles away. Never been though due to the adults only rule.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Either Vogel Rok at Efteling or the big apple at Speelpark Oud Valkeveen. Not really sure.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I did think it was any at the Pleasure Beach (as I can see The Big One from my study window) but according to Coast2Coaster it's actually Rattle Snake at Knowsley Safari Park. I've never been.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A John C Allen classic!

... Sea Dragon at the Columbus Zoo. :razz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyzWsZk7WDU[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The closest is Mini Mouse at Victorian Gardens, which exists during the summer on Wollman Skating Rink in Central Park, but that's a kiddie cred that I don't ride. Then there's the Corona Cobra Coaster at Fantasy Forest at the Flushing Meadows Carousel in Queens, which is another kiddie cred that I don't ride. So the closest coaster that I actually ride is the Cyclone at Coney Island.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evIG1MugW0[/youtube]