What's new

Your favourite old-style amusement park

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
However, as I think about the amount of old style parks in America, I realize just how poor our collection is, especially when compared to the European offerings. It seems places like Knoebels or Santa Cruz Boardwalk are becoming harder and harder to find.
I actually think there are more in the States than in Europe. I guess it depends on what you consider “old-style.” For me it would be anything old school, with that traditional, family-run-feel, often-community-oriented park with older rides and attractions.

Knoebels
Kennywood
Idlewild
Waldameer
Indiana Beach
Lake Compounce
Rye Playland
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Coney Island parks
Seabreeze
Adventureland (both)
Arnolds Park
Little Amerricka
Kemah Boardwalk
Conneaut
Beech Bend
Oaks Park
Fantasy Island
Lakemont
Delgrosso’s
Bay Beach
Quassy

I could go on and on and on. But I’m assuming you either don’t think those qualify as “old-style” or maybe you just think most of those are crappy? I don’t love every single one I just listed, but I do think most of those are charming and old-style/school.

Edward M

Strata Poster
But I’m assuming you either don’t think those qualify as “old-style” or maybe you just think most of those are crappy?

There’s a good amount of parks in there I hadn’t considered. I think my mind either went mostly to major parks or simply forgot about a lot of those. I still think Europe has more quality options for these types of parks, but you are right that America certainly has a larger quantity.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Bay Beach Amusement Park. For one it's the closest park to me so I go at least once a year and for two the individual ride tickets are super cheap, 1 ticket is 25 cents, 2 is 50, and so on and so forth.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Kennywood!! <3

It's so adorable with the carousel horse statues and floral gardens. Felt like stepping into a different time. I loved it. (Some fantastic old woodies there too!)