What's new

Your favorite moment of airtime?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It gave a little bit of a willy lift and little bit of floater - but it was just mildly entertaining and fun - not fantastic and I couldn't see anywhere that it could produce great airtime.

nealbie

CF Legend
Airtime seasaw in Germany still wins. Can't believe Mark, Marc and Pierre didn't have a go! They missed out whilst Manda and I had fun times :p

Mind you, Marc was knackered and Pierre was probably asleep. Mark however has no excuse (mind you, that said he was probably in the hilariously named "Pissoir") :lol:

marc

CF Legend
What airtime seasaw was this?

Was it better than the 2 airtime coasters :)

The best bit of air time I have seen was the amount Mushroom got from leaving the trampoline until he hit the floor :)

CMonster

Giga Poster
furie said:
It gave a little bit of a willy lift and little bit of floater - but it was just mildly entertaining and fun - not fantastic and I couldn't see anywhere that it could produce great airtime.

That's the only hyper i've been on, so I'm just a little biased. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Phoenix at Knoebels. The lap bar was probably 4 to 5 inches above my thighs and over several hills I rose up so high that my legs smacked it with quite a bit of force!

When I rode Jack Rabbit I didn't get any "amazing" air time on the double down, it was pretty mild, but I was riding in the middle so maybe being in the back makes all the difference.

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
Toro's last hill before the final turns is pretty epic, however the drop on Cyclops may have it beat in my book. I'll also throw in Maverick's 2 bunny hills and EVERY hill on S:ROS (SFNE) and Goliath (Walibi World)

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
My favorite is the very back row of Loch Ness Monster on the first drop, which anywhere else is just a meh drop.

Fahrenheit's quick bunny hop before the turn to the brakes is also up there.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Balder. I want to say it's: (counting to the place in my head...) First drop, hill, up into turn, drop and up into my favorite airtime hill ever.

It's a weird hill, IMO. It starts as you float of your seat on the way up the front side of the hill, then as you crest, it just launches you the last inch or two into the lap bar, then eases up a bit to strong floater / pullover / standup air on the backside of the hill.

I don't know how it happens, but the day we were there, that hill performed consistently the same way, on both trains, in multiple rows, over and over.

The rest of the ride was banging on all cylinders, but that one hill was just heavenly.

Jack Rabbit's double-down is my 2nd favorite. Perfect floater. Every time.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
rollermonkey said:

I was a little disappointed with Jack Rabbit's double-down. Granted, thanks to assigned seating, I didn't get the back, but in the front and middle it was kind of lame. Definitely stronger in the middle though, if only I had gotten the back...

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
EGF - first drop - thinking that I'd put my hands up on the first ride, then actually clutching the handholds out of surprise at the intensity of the airtime

Ultimate - back seat - after second lift hill - that accelerating plummet into below the treeline was awesome.

Megafobia - one click restraint - back seat - first drop - lifted a foot out of my seat - insanity.

Snoo

The Legend
CreditCrazy said:
rollermonkey said:

I was a little disappointed with Jack Rabbit's double-down. Granted, thanks to assigned seating, I didn't get the back, but in the front and middle it was kind of lame. Definitely stronger in the middle though, if only I had gotten the back...

Back row is amazing.. you sadly missed out.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
I love love love Goliath's airtime hill (the one at SFMM). Seconds upon seconds of good, quality floater airtime.

Other than that, being the underprivileged Southern Californian I am, I haven't gotten the change to experience really good floater air. Something I'm planning to change in the future! ;)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
CreditCrazy said:
rollermonkey said:

Back row is amazing.. you sadly missed out.

It's certainly the best place to hear the road wheels spinning as you float over the drop. (and there's not a lot of screaming.)

andrus

Giga Poster
I don't know if it's my favourite moment of airtime (especially since I've only ridden it once) but it is definitely the stongest! The first dip down after the launch on Furius Baco is immense!! Very strong ejector there!

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Totally agree. Come at me with massive surprise; I got thrown straight out of my seat! 85 Mph down a drop pretty much explains it though :)