What's new

Your favorite moment of airtime?

A

Anonymous

I gotta vote for StormRunner & Maverick - they both seemed to throw yo out of your seat quite a bit...

Gonna have to try Toro though, sounds like that gets some high marks

jokerman

Giga Poster
Rutschebanen, Tivoli Gardens with at least eight inches of space between me and the lap bar. It didn't go down and lock properly. It hurt, by my God it was worth it.

A

Anonymous

TOP 5

MY TOP 5 MOST AIRTIME COASTERS 18/09/09

5. ULTIMATE 2ND DROP
4. PEPSI MAX 1ST DROP
3. KRAKEN 1ST DROP
2. THE INCREDIBLE HULK LAUNCH AND DROP
1. SHEIKRA 1ST DROP

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The drop on Oblivion, and Grand National without a belt and almost no lapbar. Wouldn't recomend it to other blokes but my God it was worth the pain.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I've been on a lot of coasters with some crazy airtime moments - the ones that really stick out are:

Cyclops' crazy final drop at Mount Olympus.
Piraten, those three twisting hills are incredible.
The whole of Balder at night time.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Shakespeare must be turning in his grave...

I'd like to put up Vekoma Corkscrews, ok, not the greatest airtime ever, but so unexpected and fun, and the only moment that doesn't cause untold agony.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Blaze said:
Shakespeare must be turning in his grave...

I'd like to put up Vekoma Corkscrews, ok, not the greatest airtime ever, but so unexpected and fun, and the only moment that doesn't cause untold agony.

I totally agree with you there, great willy lift! :--D

I think I love you even more now. :shock:

CMonster

Giga Poster
I changed my mind, the greatest moment of airtime ever would have to be flying into Denver Int'l airport, on almost any flight, the turbulance is AMAZING. :p

I'm being serious BTW.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh, and I'd like to add the second hill on EGF is great, and the first hill on Walibi's Goliath.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Here are my top 5 biggest moments of airtime
1) Georgia Cyclone, I know it doesn't look like much, but it has the most extreme airtime (yes, I know it is more of ejector, but damn) of any coaster I have been on

2) Magnum XL-200, it is filled to the brim with air, I don't think my butt ever touched the seat

3) Goliath (SFOG)- God this is what I call a perfect steel coaster, it has insane airtime from start to finish

4) the finale of Thunderhead

5) Nitro, this coaster is just filled with airtime

DropZone99

Mega Poster
Cornball, every hill has extreme stand up air, super amazing.
Boardwalk Bullet, Back seat main drop, wow! Almost as good as Cornball air but still amazing!
Diamondback, pretty much every where except the last few hills. Very good floater!
Goliath SFOG, air everywhere (that rhymes) mostly floater but some ejector.
Maverick's amazing airtime hill before the horseshoe turn, so great!
Viper's double down, wasn't expecting much from this coaster wow was I wrong, Viper is amazing.
I remember Hurricane: Category Five have some awesome CCI air time, but don't remember exactly since it was so long ago.

A

Anonymous

pkiknex25 said:
Back seat of Diamondback with 4 inches of space between me and the lap restaint. :D

I definitely agree with that, particularly the first drop.

Also, Maverick any seat the very first ejector hill.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'd also like to add Steel Force, back row has amazing air time. Somewhere in my top five for airtime.