What's new

Your favorite moment of airtime?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jack Rabbit (Kennywood) - doubledown
Balder - air hill after the 1st turn
Aska - Doubleup into doubledown
Dodonpa - floater on the downhill after the launch + crazy ejector over the tophat

Tony

Hyper Poster
I love all 3 airtime hills on El Toro, the hill over Rolling Thunder provides the strongest burst of airtime but I find the other two are more fun because of the larger drops.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Some standouts:

T-Express - First drop fo sho, best first drop ever, but then pretty much every hill after that.

Colossos (Heide) - Every hill? Only rode it once and was too busy enjoying it to think too much.

Dodonpa - Top hat, immense, especially front row, but I still can't decide if I actually enjoyed it.

Kawasemi/Piraten - The second hill (tunnel on Piraten) and s-bends.

Thunder Dolphin - Great first drop, especially at the back.

Stampida - Back row on the first drop, took me my complete surprise.

Steel Dragon 2000 - Bunny hops are fab, even if the big hills before them don't do much.

Atlantis Adventure - "Big" drop and following hill back into the building.

Hollywood Dream - Great floater on every hill. Arse out of seat, but not thrown up.

Kebab

Giga Poster
gavin said:
Was this after the change of trains, or before that? Because I'm hearing you wrong at the moment :lol:

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'm fresh back from a trip to Oakwood so I'm going to say the Megafobia first drop, back couple of rows. I didn't touch the seat till the bottom.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Kebab said:
gavin said:
Was this after the change of trains, or before that? Because I'm hearing you wrong at the moment :lol:

I agree, it's a good drop. It's after that the pain starts - the first drop is great fun actually (until the train hits the track) :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
furie said:
Kebab said:
gavin said:

I agree, it's a good drop. It's after that the pain starts - the first drop is great fun actually (until the train hits the track) :)

Everytime I ride this thing I am stapled in, even at the back I'm finding it difficult to leave my seat, it just bullies me. :(

I do think Stampida has a hell of a lot of potential, because the layout is fantastic and the first drop could feel even better if they replace the trains again.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^This was only in March this year. I didn't love the coaster, but I thought it was good in parts, specifically the first drop.

I never got stapled, though. Plus, I was expecting nothing, so that may play a part in it. However, just to be sure, I rode it twice on both sides: one front (ish) and one back, and I'll maintain that the first drop is very, very good at the back of the train.

Martyn B

CF Legend
By far, the best has to be the first few hills on the Ultimate, in the front seat. If the lap bars weren't there, you would be thrown from the train, without a doubt.

Second would have to be all the hills on the Wild Mmouse at PBB, especially the final littl drop, with just ignores all the rules of gravity! (you have to be on your own though, and keep your arms up, then you just jump out on each hill! Awsome)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Boulder Dash is my favourite, although strangely enough it's not the double down/triple up section that I like the best (even if it is incredible). There's one hill on the way out that consistently launched my out of my seat as I started to crest the hill, and I didn't land back in it until the bottom of the hill. Amazing.

Also, Phoenix, in the fourth row of the yellow train, late in the day. Wow.

A

Anonymous

Airtime

Without a doubt, the most unbeliavable moment of airtime on a roller coaster is being 200+ feet in the air at the very top of Stealth, absolutely unreal sensation.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^I forgot about that one :lol:

It is actually a fair decent pop of airtime at the front for a few seconds; not the best but certainly a contendor :razz:

Rush

Giga Poster
I've never had any airtime on Stealth. Ever. Xcelerator's top hat has some REAL ejector. :p It's amazing what a difference 2mph and lap bars makes.

I personally love the awesome ejector you get on Oblivion's drop. Amazing. Griffon also has that ejector on its second drop as well as the lovely ejector on the bunny hops. <3

Apollo's Chariot has some amazing ejector in the back row, and some decent floater anywhere else.

Oh and it would be sinful of me to forget Rush and Screamin' Swing. Some great ejector and floater at the crest of the swing, especially swinging upwards. Detonator also has some pretty powerful ejector.

A

Anonymous

~ El Toro's pre-twister hill (back car, nighttime)

~ Magnum's final "triangular" hills - back seat

~ Maverick's first hill after the 70-mph launch (over the pond)

~ Griffon's first drop

~ Nitro, back row, first drop

All spectacular moments of airtime.

Jake

Strata Poster
Timberline twister at Knotts suprised me. I was sat in the front, and got pretty decent airtime on every hill. This thing is like the kiddie coaster version of Balder (but steel), consisting of turnarounds and tiny airtime hills!

p2322.jpg