What's new

Your favorite coaster experience

Is your favorite experience your favorite ride?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Snoo

The Legend
So this came up from Jayjays favorite and best thread as I have a list of favorite rides (top 10) and a list I've saved of my favorite experiences which is completely separate from my Top 10.

So if you were about to die and you had to ride one last coaster for it's experience, what would it be?

For me, Voyage at night in complete and utter darkness. That is by far, steps and levels above, my favorite experience I've ever had as an enthusiast. I'd seen glimpses in rides like Beast and Lightning Rod but nothing else even feels remotely the same as that beast at night. My local enthusiasts have actually turned it into a pilgrimage every autumn to hit Voyage at night late in the season as one of the last rides of the year.

So, let's hear it!

Luca B

Mega Poster
I personally love the night ride on GhostRider in back row, I really got a sense of speed flying through the structure, with the occasional lights. I also love at the bottom of the first drop how the camera flash acts like a strobe. I know basically every other coaster does this, but as it is flying through the structure it works even more effectively.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Firstly, it's difficult to take seriously any thread where favourite is spelt wrong over and over again. Pesky Americans. ;)

But to answer the question, currently it's yes - my favourite coaster and my favourite coaster experience are one and the same, the mighty Steel Vengeance, and the night-time mini-marathon me, Dave and Tom enjoyed at the end of that awesome day with a bunch of fab CFers. I think you were there that that day, Snoo. ;)
But it hasn't always been that way. Night time ERT on Taron with a bunch of fab CFers, for example, is also up there as an experience, but Taron is in no way my favourite coaster. Not even top 5.
And then there was riding Bandit with a bunch of fab CFers - that was hilarrrrious! But you definitely wouldn't have Bandit as a favourite ride. No way sir-eee!

I suspect "riding things with a bunch of fab CFers" will come up quite often in this thread. :)

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Voyage in the pitch-black night is my most insane coaster experience but not quite the greatest (but it is top ten).