What's new

Your Coaster Hypothesis/Theory!

hyde666

Roller Poster
Tried looking up to see if this post was ever made; guess not lol. So basically, I was wondering if anyone here had some sort of hypothesis or theory about coasters or parks.

My hypothesis is if a park has a B&M hyper, then they will get a B&M giga in their future because it happened to three parks before. Meaning, the three B&M gigas that were made were in parks that also have B&M hypers. Behemoth & Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland, Intimidator & Fury 325 at Carowinds, and Diamondback & Orion at Kings Island. This may be just a Cedair Fair thing, or even just a coincidence, but what if other parks that have B&M hypers got gigas? I have reasons for why SFGADV should invest in a giga in their near future as my home park. They seem not to be afraid about expanding their park some more, and I have the perfect spot for their giga: it will be located near Bizarro. I feel that area in the park is a dead zone, and working part-time there for a little while, people were often confused where or how to get to the B&M floorless coaster. With the giga nearby, it would bring new light to that area- also I won't be surprised if they call it Goliath. Busch Gardens Williamsburg should invest in a giga as well since there is an Intamin giga an hour away.
I know I'm rambling way too much about this hypothesis/theory stuff, and I probably don't make much sense lol.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, here's another one from me: Rides named "Vertigo" or variations thereof are unlucky.

Let's count a little: We all know Walibi Belgium's famous ski lift coaster, which might have been experienced by a thousand riders or so over the course of a season, before being removed. There's also Cedar Point's VertiGo, a slingshot ride that opened in 2001 and collapsed during the off-season. Another famous Vertigo is Vertigorama at Parque de la Ciudad in Argentina, the Intamin coaster which has been SBNO since 1983. And who can forget the infamous Boomerang Invertigo model, Vekoma's attempt at cross-breeding their two worst-received models into a monstrosity that has operated in nine different parks, despite the fact that only four were produced. King's Island is currently the only park to have received a brand new Invertigo coaster without relocating it. The other three have been out and about as park after park has passed them around like hot potatoes.

A few other coasters also carry the name Vertigo, and none of them appear to be "well" by enthusiast standards. One operates at Parque de Attractiones de Madrid, which by all accounts is a dreadful place. Another in Italy has been relocated seven times, and I doubt it will get to grow old in its current location. The last one is located in the middle of nowhere in Venezuela, sharing a park and a city with one other coaster which is a Wacky Worm.

Vertigo is also the name of the ride Tivoli Gardens is retiring just now, and a ride at Oakwood, which is about as dreadful a place as PdAdM but with even worse weather.

So yeah, rides named Vertigo don't exactly seem to have the best future prospects out there.

Peet

Giga Poster
That's certainly true for me, I've been spited by 2 creds named Vertigo (Walibi Belgium and PdAdM), and never ridden any.

Just for the record though, PdAdM is actually a pretty nice park.