What's new

Yep. Propper PTR this time tho...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
You guessed it. THORPE!!! Im going to try and do a full one this time. Im crap at TR's.

Actually concidering it was rammed, It was a good-ish day. Though I did get bored mid-day time.

Park opened at 9.15am.

Our current trick is working. Start with Inferno, we got 3x front row without moving. Then 3x on back row without moving.

ALL but the waterfalls are working on the effects side now. Even the rumble, cannons, tunnel fog, lights, queue fog. The Rumble is something I have never heared before. Really adds an atmosphere.

Stealth, well its catch-car failed to meet the car twice, then the train didn't stop properly for the station. Lol. With people on, they shuffled it half way out onto the launch track then back to re-set. We got around 10 times so not really anything to fuss over. And they where the only break-downs of the day that I saw.

Catch-car being re-positioned:
DSC06692.jpg

I think we did Lunch then Rush, Vortex, Slapper. Then we decided it was way too bloodly hot, so....

DSC06694.jpg

M-Kid (Moist-Kid):
dsc06696.jpg

I think I did Samurai next. Row 3 is great fun. Really flippy. Then Fish.

We made the most of Rush for a long time as Jonny was operating. Thanks for the quick perk Jonny :--D

We gave it I break to do Colossus as the queue was do-able. OMFG that has got sooo smooth! Im shocked. Totaly. Maybe it was the heat, I dunno, but it was shifting around. Like in the first years!

Back to Rush now :--D It seems to like the heat, I loves loose lappy and short queue. Awesome.

Now to cap the day with Saw. The FULL queue was 55 mins. Shock. No fastrackers funny enough.

During the queue Ewan spotted us via this:
DSC06698.jpg

He used the PA on my mother.

"I'm Comming to get you Tina hehehe"

Lol. Propper funny at the time.

But I was really dissapointed with the ride. If I was to rate it on that run alone, it would be about 4/10. So dam rough. I'd be quite happy never to go on it again if it stayed like that. Its no good in the heat. I came off in much pain. I know it can do better though. I rarely moan on roughness other than a selected few, but that was too much.

So RC:

Stealth: 10 (1F)
Inferno: 6 (3F)
Rush: 10
Slammer: 1
Saw: 1
Vortex: 1
Sam: 1
Fish: 1
Colossus: 1

32 rides.

Yeah, Thanks again Jonny!. And thanks Ewan for embarasing my mother!! And thanks Thorpe for Inferno's working effects.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Looks like you had a relatively good day at Thorpe. I'm so glad they've got all the effects working properly this season, it really helps the atmosphere.

peep

CF Legend
I've heard that today it's rammed with over 3 hours for Saw. Looks like you were very very lucky. Glad to hear about the effects on Inferno, I don't remember these effects (maybe I'll have to check them out soon).

I find Colly is quite smooth and fast after it has been raining, glad to hear immense heat does the same trick. Lol at the announcement on the Saw speakers.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
LIAR! Park didn't open til 9:30 today, and Nemesis Inferno didn't open til about 11:30 :?

AND: Queue time for Saw never dropped below "99mins"

Tony

Hyper Poster
I don't remember what effects were working when I went on Inferno last year but looking forward to it more now knowing most if not all the effects are working. Good to hear you had a great day with a really good ride count although I find reriding launch coasters a few times in a row kinda kills the whole feeling of the launch.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Our current trick is working. Start with Inferno, we got 3x front row without moving. Then 3x on back row without moving.
I must try this strategy of doing Stealth and Inferno first...though do you think it would still work If you rushed to Saw first thing, and then as soon as you were done move straight back to stealth and Inferno? You mightn't get the same degree of whorage though I guess.

Rush

Giga Poster
Gazza said:
I must try this strategy of doing Stealth and Inferno first...though do you think it would still work If you rushed to Saw first thing, and then as soon as you were done move straight back to stealth and Inferno? You mightn't get the same degree of whorage though I guess.

If you get to the park at opening, I would spend £4 on fastrack for Saw. That way you are guaranteed to not have to queue for it and then you can go for other rides. On Wednesday the Saw queue reached 45 minutes after 5 minutes of opening. I would quickly get a ride on Colossus as that gets awful queues, then nip round to Stealth and Inferno and get your fastrack ride on Saw.

I did that on Wednesday and it worked really well.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
..You guys came on Fish... I didn't see you.. and I was on it from like 1 - close.. Oh well. lol. Sounds like you guys had a good day either way.

Ollie

CF Legend
I know when Chris is on Fish when I get off and hear "Please can Ollie come to the control box please" as I'm going over the bridge lol.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I think we did Fish at about 2pm? The console window was shut, so we wouldn't have been able to see you!

Next time, If you spot us just shout over the PA! :)