What's new

YAY Merlin!

mouse

Giga Poster
I'm a bit disappointed as I never got the chance to ride Mraws... Sorry, Mraws Eht.

Although this could signify the start of a gimmick-free Merlin :wink:...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
^ha, I noticed that but after having already edited by post 3 times, I just accepted I wasn't going to be able to English this morning ;)

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Wow I thought The Swarm's 'mutation' was permanent. This is good news because it will increase throughput for forward facing riders (the majority) and give me a chance to try the back row.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
The back row was the best/most forceful ride on SWARM so I'm mega pleased (it's my home park..).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
JoshC. said:
**The Swarm .

Only at Thorpe Park Resort ;)

Edit: Capital lettered wordss get changed to proper grammar. Why no shouting? :(

Haha! I'd forgotten about that. It's like trying to use the word kitchen some forms.

There was somebody who refused to type it in any other way and had and argument over how it should be typed - so because I'm an aggravating git, I made it autofilter Thorpe Park in caps :lol:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but (contrary to popular expectation) people are reporting that the Skyway at Chessington has had at least some of its track removed already.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

jackdude101

Roller Poster
Hot off the press: the Smiler at Alton Towers is set to re-open with the rest of the park for the 2016 season on 19 March, per Screamscape.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^It really was yesterday? I could've sworn it was announced on Sunday...

Oh, well I guess it was announced this morning(for me, at least). My bad. But nonetheless, we still knew a good 12 hours before jackdude posted his comment.

nadroJ

CF Legend
They've been answering on social media for a few days, just nobody picked up on it until now.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^It really was yesterday? I could've sworn it was announced on Sunday...

Oh, well I guess it was announced this morning(for me, at least). My bad. But nonetheless, we still knew a good 12 hours before jackdude posted his comment.

Well they do say that print media is dying out these days, so of course anything "hot of the press" will be a few hours old. ;)

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Despite the accident, pre-tax profits at Merlin are up 3% on the previous year to £250m. Which makes it even more annoying they're closing rides and cutting jobs.

Ben

CF Legend
^They're viewing it as divisions (a bit silly IMO but there you go welcome to business)

So whilst Merlin are up, they're being propped up by the midway and not theme park attractions.

The theme park arm has taken a hit so that's where the cuts are.

Corporates never see the big picture but eh.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It's actually the foreign Lego parks that are the big hitters. Lego is seen as a separate division to resort theme parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Even if Theme Park Resorts were up, if they weren't up ENOUGH they would still make cuts. It's to do with projected growth.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Yes, I've no doubt the increase in profits comes from volume rather than each division doing especially well. But with no new destinations this year it seems a shame those profits aren't going towards bolstering the reputation of it's flagship park. Especially as they've linked the two together in a press release.