Opinion of X:/ No Way Out

• Love it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I've never ridden it, however from reports, video etc it does seem a little dated and kinda needs a re-vamp.

I'd really like them to do something like what Phantasialand did to create Temple of the Night Hawk. Something similar, based around some sort of forbidden temple would, in my opinion, work very well. I know that X:\ No Way Out is an Enigma (MK-700 track system) and Temple of the Night Hawk is a Mk-900 track system, but they're more or less the same. So I say, reverse the trains, get good working effects (lighting, sound, fog, possibly lasers/lighting similar to that of Rock n' Rollercoaster (Paris) to create a sort of strange act of the Gods?! Or something like that. I'd also like to see a station area themed as well as Temple of the Night Hawk, that's just awesome!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig980.htm?picture=16

So those are my views, criticize me if you will, but I don't think the whole trapped inside a computer virus theme is working to be honest.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Even Temple of the Night Hawk didn't have much themeing. The queue was dirty and like a shipping container that went on for ages and never seemed to stop going up. The station was really well themed but inside the coaster was no themeing apart from a few lights and light up dinosaur bird things. It has an amazing soundtrack as you go round though and the track is really good fun and goes on for ages. :)

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
^Even Temple of the Night Hawk didn't have much themeing. The queue was dirty and like a shipping container that went on for ages and never seemed to stop going up. The station was really well themed but inside the coaster was no themeing apart from a few lights and light up dinosaur bird things. It has an amazing soundtrack as you go round though and the track is really good fun and goes on for ages. :)

Sounds good, a combination of Temple of the Night Hawk station theming, mixed with actual on ride theming would work well imo

A

Anonymous

Hate it! Thorpe Park need to scrap the thing. It ruins the view of the park and Colossus. Its no way near up to the quality of the other rides. Ditch it Thorpe.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I like x and I dont know why people are bad mouthing it. Wow it dosent have effects and so what alot of rides dont have effects. It is fun and enjoyable. *

A

Anonymous

I don't really like it as a ride compared to all their other rides although if there was no queue then i would ride it as it is a bit different but as they are getting rid of it in 2016 it doesnt affect me

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
OK; going to buck the trend here.

I very much enjoyed X:/ when we went on it. Granted, I haven't been subjected to all the hype or attempt at theming, so I really had no idea what to expect. I definitely enjoyed it more than a lot of Vekomas.

To put it in perspective, the guy I was with and I nearly ended up picking X:/ for out last ride over Stealth. That said, it may be different if you go to the park with any regularity.

To the OP, I'd definitely qualify as one of those guys you described, who got off the ride having enjoyed it.

thx

Mega Poster
I don't think it was complete crap, very boring yes, still smooth though (back in 05), also it only had a 5 minute queue and I had low expectations so it was all ok.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I thought it was ok; in fact, random was the first thing that came to mind after getting off. Seemed to me like the theme-ing was broken as it felt like something was supposed to light up when you stopped.

The whole thing felt pretty cheap and nasty, which is a shame as it could be a pretty good ride. Like a haunted house but with a roller coaster.

marc

CF Legend
Is it still there :) says it all really.

I dont hate it but I dont like it either.

If it had a better theme it could work, but I think it should be replaced now. It always has big queue though so people must like it.

I have not been on it for years now and I dont feel I am missing much at all.

Darren B

Giga Poster
i think it is an awful ride, its only accomplishment is making you feel sick,
fair enough go on it to say youve rode it, but there are far more superior rides to go on at TP.

Jake

Strata Poster
I think it's funny.

It's so bad and pointless that it's a laugh to ride. I'd choose it over Saw or Colossus anyway, which aren't quite bad enough to be fun, they just suck.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^ why would you want to ride this again and again? surely your time could be better spent on better rides, even if you dont favour saw or collosus youve still got tidal wave,stealth,nemesis inferno, loggers leap or even the tea cups give a bigger thrill!

Gladiator

Mega Poster
It's very jerky and you can see the track (which is a disappointment for a dark coaster :p)
But I agree with Jake
It's very funny
I took the mickey out of it's title for ages after I went on it -
They've put the lapbar down!!!!
There's No Way Out!!!
etc. etc.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
I always get laughed at for loving this ride, but I do.

it's had so many incarnations over the years, inside changes, outside changes etc, but I always really enjoy it. lots of people don't, and I can see why, but I personally really love it.

Ben

CF Legend
I quite like it too, it's just funny and a laugh. It doesn't take itself seriously, and it's a good riot. I prefer it to Saw and Colossus too!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Personally I wish they'd get rid of it and replace it with something worthwhile. The funniness of it has worn off now.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
marc said:
It always has big queue though so people must like it.

That's the art and deception of indoor coasters. People who don't know what's inside feel inclined to check. And a lot of indoor coasters are deceptive in the way you never truly know how big the queue is.