What's new

Wuxi Sunac Land | Soaring With Eagle | B&M Wing Coaster/Mack Blue Fire Clone

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've created this topic because I cannot find another topic about this. Here is what I believe to be an artist impression of the coaster below:

search

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
ATI said:
I've created this topic because I cannot find another topic about this. Here is an artist impression of the coaster below:

wing-coaster-wuxi-wanda-city-artwork-620x350.jpg

Whoa, that has got to be one of the wonkiest artist's impressions I've seen today. I can't find a single stretch of track in that image where the banking is anywhere close to sane, the supports are inconsistent at best, and what is the track doing on the left there? It doesn't seem like this drawing is based on any finished plans for the coaster, because nothing in the world of artistry could make a well-engineered coaster design look so fundamentally bonkers as this.

I suppose it is nice concept art if one has no knowledge of coasters whatsoever, but with any amount of insight, the extreme badness of the drawing distracts from the overall impression of the image.

Some points to the artist for the cobblestones, I suppose. Those look really neat.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This coaster isn't scheduled to open until September 2018 so this topic is probably a bit early. But then again we have a Blackpool one so what the hell.
The park is also due to open a Mack Blue Fire clone and an Intamin double twist impulse coaster.

As for the B&M Wing Coaster here is the much much better concept art that was released later on.
12313673_1492830244355702_386442534616887105_n.jpg

Arguably the best layout of the 4 planned Chinese Wing Coasters.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
In my opinion, the start's a little overdone - I personally would replace the zero-G roll with a vertical loop instead.

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
Anyone else think the rcdb listed stats are legitimate??
Height: 196.8 ft
Speed: 73.3 mph
Seems quite massive for a B&M wing coaster, but then again I've always thought the wings would make for a fantastic (near) hypercoaster. The first element is also listed as a dive drop so we may be looking at a new inversion height record breaker!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Seems quite massive for a B&M wing coaster, but then again I've always thought the wings would make for a fantastic (near) hypercoaster. The first element is also listed as a dive drop so we may be looking at a new inversion height record breaker!
Oooooh, a Hyper with wing trains with Mack restraints incorporating a dive loop as a turnaround and a couple of zero g stalls would be incredible.

Not sure what the height record for a wing is currently, around 180/190ft? So I wouldn't be that surprised if the stats were correct.

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
Not sure what the height record for a wing is currently, around 180/190ft? So I wouldn't be that surprised if the stats were correct.
Well technically it is Eejanaika at 249 feet...Dinoconda is 2nd at 226 feet so this would be third. However it would precisely tie with Parrot Coaster for the length record at 4192.9 feet. Seems a bit questionable that it is listed as the exact same length.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Seems a bit questionable that it is listed as the exact same length.

The last time somebody said something like that, I converted the units and it turned out that the quoted length was a very round and generic number - 2000 meters or something like that. But 4192.9 feet equals 1278 meters, hardly a rounded-off estimate of ride length. Could this be a clone of Parrot Coaster? The original appears to sit on rather flat land, so it wouldn't be unfeasibly difficult to clone.

Or have the stats been quoted/estimated somewhere as "similar to Parrot Coaster, but 10 meters taller"? The stats could yet be placeholders...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
As the person who sent those stats in to the DB in fact these ones came from a Wanda press release a while back and who knows quite how accurate they are. Stats of Chinese coasters are always slightly questionable. happy Valley claimed Diving Coaster in Shanghai was 250ft+ when they announced it and its only 213ft

Layout wise its very much not a Parrot coaster clone. There's a video from Masane Miyapa of the expected layout here.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If that NL2 pre-creation is to be believed, I love the section from the Immelmann to the MCBR. Looks like it'll have good flow and a nice mix of forces.

That impulse also loks great, I want that in my life.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Will the impulse use LIMs, or will they have altered the design so it has LSMs instead?

Unknown at the moment. You'd have to assume they have updated the system as its been a while since anyone picked up an Impulse. The Intamin Reference list just has this down as Double Twisted Impluse Coaster though.