What's new

Would you want to experience a rollback?

Would you like to experience a roll back?

• Yes, I'd love to!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I HAVE experienced a roll back and LOVED it!

• I HAVE experienced a roll back and HATED it!

• Total voters

Almost

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Just as an interesting note, there was one particular train (yes, with people on it) on Top Thrill Dragster that experienced 4 launches before successfully making it over the tower.

Wow, I think it would just get annoying at that time. Kids that went to CP last year for chorus (lucky sons a.... I would've joined if I knew) were so afraid of the roll back 70% of them didn't ride it.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
stevewalsh said:
I exerienced a roll back on Rita how weird is that the hills only about 50ft tall.

Spoiled Kingda Ka Rider said:
Does Rita even need brakes to stop on a rollback, or does it reach the station so slowly they just launch it from there?

.....Sorry, I couldn't resist.....

I'd love to experience a rollback.

Just as an interesting note, there was one particular train (yes, with people on it) on Top Thrill Dragster that experienced 4 launches before successfully making it over the tower.

Haha, you're pretty much right actually with the Rita point! I watched it roll back from the first hill on a rainy day, and it really was touch and go whether it made it all the way back to the station!

A

Anonymous

I must experience one of these. Even if it takes 50 rides on TTD or Ka, or stealth come to think of it. It looks amazing and just the thought of falling backwards through 400+ feet (or 200) makes me feel all tingly.

I must be on a rollback!

Titan

Mega Poster
SilverBullet said:
I have in fact, experienced a roll back. On the rare occurance on KK I was a lucky one. I will explain how:

I was at the park errmmm...late August and it was clear when we went on the queue for the ride and after about an hour it started to drizzle, and the ride closed for 10 min, no big deal, no serious talks of leaving. About 30 min later queing for the front row it starts POURING. After 15 min, the talks of leaving came up and I was very very pissed. I made them stay and we happen to be the first train of the first launch after the rain. The track was still wet and caused the train to be slower, ok well onto the roll back...

Normal launch, up the tower, getting the top and cresting the top(in the front) and seeming like we're going to make it over but it kept going slower and slower until, BACKWARDS! Amazing feeling freefalling backwards and a twist back to the right.

It took a good 5 min to get back to the launch position and the next ride made it over.

Rollbacks are fun, like Robbeal said like a drop tower but the sweetness of it, is two consecutive launches.
Ugh, I hate you SB. On Ka's opening day it rained for a good 15 minutes. The first empty train rolled back, expectedly. About 10 minutes later I got on the ride, the next train launched immediatly after ours rolled back, which was filled with people. I was going to take a picture of that train going over the airtime hill, then it never went over it, and everybodys screaming "oh my god!" and I completely missed it. I was so pissed, but Im kinda happy it didnt roll back on my first ride.

Ive seen about 2 other rollbacks, all from the new queue, I wasnt even close to them. I'll never get on a rollback now.

Sam

Giga Poster
Two launches, a backward falling sensation, the knowladge of everyone looking in the queue watching the train and thinking it's going to crash whilst you're on it (they are the GP after all :lol:)- yeah I'd bloody love to experiance a roll back. Should at least get one on Stealth (I'll be riding it enough times :p)

Snoo

The Legend
Even if it takes 50 rides on TTD or Ka

I know a guy with +300 rides on TTD, still no rollback. Of course, I also know this girl who rode it once, and got 3 rollbacks... so ya never know what could happen. Personally, i've ridden TTD 31 times, and the closest i've came is sitting at the top for like 5 seconds, and the train after me rolling back. I was extremly pissed about that next train rolling back, let me tell ya.

Titan

Mega Poster
Yeah, I know the feeling.

But wait, how do you get 3 rollbacks on one ride? Was the launch being THAT bad to have to launch a full train 4 times to get it over?

Snoo

The Legend
It was back in 2003, first few months being open. It would rollback 2-3 times in a row sometimes. Some mornings that it gets really muggy (which, when your on the lake during the summer, happens ALOT) it would constantly rollback. The first time I rode it, I counted 4 rollbacks in my 4 hours of waiting. Nowadays, rollbacks are about once in a million, so you gotta hit the jackpot times.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
I would LOVE to experience a rollback! I'm hoping for one on Stealth. Although can you imagine the screams of panic from the people who have no idea what's going on?

I just love how it's something that's not really supposed to happen, and to just freefall backwards a couple of hundred feet has gotta be like a new ride in itself. Then another launch. *dreams*

tks

Strata Poster
^ I'd love to see the panic on people's faces in the queueline. Bet you a million people would start shouting:

"OMGZ itz gonna crash into tha station"

Chav talk. ^ I presume they will make-up the whole queueline..

I'd love to experience once on TTD. The lapbars would make you feel so much more exposed. Plus its huuge.

Unfortunately unless you live in Sandusky.. *sigh*

c&r

Mega Poster
Stealth's taking the top hat at 20MPH+, so good luck to all who are seriously thinking they'll get one on it.

On topic though, I'd love one, but realise it's not likely to happen to me any time soon.

tks

Strata Poster
Rita only rolls back in the rain. I doubt unless there was a mechanical failure it would rollback normally.

20Mph is very fast for it to be going over the tophat... I think TTD only manages about 7mph at most as it goes over the top. Maybe even less.

Kat

Mega Poster
I honestly dont know if I would like to experience a roll back. Yes its something to say, oh yes I have done that, but its not really an acomplishment on your part is it. Makes no difference to me really I suppose, if it happens it happens, if it doesnt it doesnt, it doesnt mean I would like it, yet I might. I would not know until Id experienced one wether I appreciated it or not.